Wolfhound

It’s a good counter against guys relying on their FB too much but missiles were never that hard to evade…

Full valley hit is 100 to emergency barrier for pretty much all agile targets, so yeah it better be dodgable

19 hours ago, xKostyan said:

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would’ve put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

those 25% “efficiency” difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let’s say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

Let me get you with your missile-Wolfhound into custom battle with my Missile boat build of the Wazgot: think who is gonna get out as winner in 1vs1?

Most Wolf-/Fathounds in PvP I eat for breakfast … sadly so … and if they want to escape with their high speed - they’ll only get seeker hunter missiles chasing them and finishing them … more sadly … 

You know:  there’s a reason why they nerfed - uneccessarily - the Wazgot just prior to the outlet of the first weak r16s … (I tell you in some t3/4 PvP games with devs and testers just prior to ourlet they got the pants off by my Wzzi and… disliked that out of the box challenge , I guess … )

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Let me get you with your missile-Wolfhound into custom battle with my Missile boat build of the Wazgot: think who is gonna get out as winner in 1vs1?

Most Wolf-/Fathounds in PvP I eat for breakfast … sadly so … and if they want to escape with their high speed - they’ll only get seeker hunter missiles chasing them and finishing them … more sadly … 

Yes, because everything is balanced for 1v1 engagements in custom battle! 

Most Wolf-M/Fathounds, or rather most of the players can be eaten alive in pretty much everything, and those that would tear you apart choosing currently stronger available options for the present metagame.

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

You know:  there’s a reason why they nerfed - uneccessarily - the Wazgot just prior to the outlet of the first weak r16s … (I tell you in some t3/4 PvP games with devs and testers just prior to ourlet they got the pants off by my Wzzi and… disliked that out of the box challenge , I guess … )

When one gets himself into thinking that he is something really special, that is when he starts to degradate in that area, since he stops pushing himeself to be better. 

39 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Yes, because everything is balanced for 1v1 engagements in custom battle! 

Most Wolf-M/Fathounds, or rather most of the players can be eaten alive in pretty much everything, and those that would tear you apart choosing currently stronger available options for the present metagame.

When one gets himself into thinking that he is something really special, that is when he starts to degradate in that area, since he stops pushing himeself to be better. 

both true - I admit

getting better is not an unlimited process

beside getting better and striving to get to the top, or collecting everything, or unlock every secret of the game, and min the times of certain PvEs: there is still more to this game like fun and feeling comfortable with one’s best loved spaceship in casual relaxed games

On 7.4.2018 at 9:57 PM, avarshina said:

Waz’got was never nerfed “uneccessarily” even thou you don’t want to admit it, waz’got is still plenty strong, especially in the higher tiers with Gravi wave still oneshoting everything that is not an elly ship with the no collision damage mod. Or how about their beautyful auto-aim + area slow/heal 50k hp turrets. Or 3 seconds invincibility on area every 12 seconds…

5 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Waz’got was never nerfed “uneccessarily” even thou you don’t want to admit it, waz’got is still plenty strong, especially in the higher tiers with Gravi wave still oneshoting everything that is not an elly ship with the no collision damage mod. Or how about their beautyful auto-aim + area slow/heal 50k hp turrets. Or 3 seconds invincibility on area every 12 seconds…

Please… Wazgot in dreads is  basically useless now. It has half the healing rate of other engies, cannot regen itself. The only two good things about this ship is battle station and -  in enclosed space - gravi wave. If you died from the latter - you deserved it. In dread battles that module is just a slot taker. And regarding Green Mist - it’s mostly useless as it requires Waz’got to be in the centre of the attack group. Doomsday. reload, doomsday, missile reload, doomsday and I have yet to see Waz’got that survives something like this. No skills needed.  Maybe that ship seems strong in random pvp, when people are taking front blasters and forgetting about no-strafe rule and closing in to 1500 meters and battle station will take care of them. Maybe if someone is so blind that allowed 235m/s Waz’got to sneak on his destroyer and push it onto the wall. But I have yet to see any good pilot dying from gravi-wave in a proper battle.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Please… Wazgot in dreads is  basically useless now. It has half the healing rate of other engies, cannot regen itself. The only two good things about this ship is battle station and -  in enclosed space - gravi wave. If you died from the latter - you deserved it. In dread battles that module is just a slot taker. And regarding Green Mist - it’s mostly useless as it requires Waz’got to be in the centre of the attack group. Doomsday. reload, doomsday, missile reload, doomsday and I have yet to see Waz’got that survives something like this. No skills needed.  Maybe that ship seems strong in random pvp, when people are taking front blasters and forgetting about no-strafe rule and closing in to 1500 meters and battle station will take care of them. Maybe if someone is so blind that allowed 235m/s Waz’got to sneak on his destroyer and push it onto the wall. But I have yet to see any good pilot dying from gravi-wave in a proper battle.

Ah - that felt so good, thanx! ![:snowgirl:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/snowgirl.gif “:snowgirl:”)

That’s why I would not take Wazzi into Dreads as pure healer, like some team leaders would like ; )  I heard that some Wazzis in Dreadnought battles do more kills and get more points than gunships in wolfpack-style-team ; )  Imho, Wazzies have potential, still, undiscovered…

Gravi wave death does occur incidentally. Recently some lucky fellow took me out, the second time ever, by Gravi wave  ![:013j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/013j.png “:013j:”)

6 hours ago, [Flash0914](< base_url >/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=257440) said:

Or how about their beautyful auto-aim + area slow/heal 50k hp turrets. Or 3 seconds invincibility on area every 12 seconds…

that’s theoretical, no one uses these Wazgot Mk4 Autonomous drones’ turrets and they are not 50k DPS (more like 1k DPS) and can be one-shoted.

Mk 3 Green mist drones are powerful but, again you have better options. 

Why Wazgot has the -50% incoming heal rate – as a healer-- I do not understand to this day.

So be it, best thing on Wazgot is how a pilot can fly it - its ugly but so elegant and what a fly-feeling, man nothing better in frigates, exception would be Reaper as Rakza knows ![:576a55a9bca5d_):](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/576a55a9bca5d_).png “:576a55a9bca5d_):”)

P.S.:

Here’s a list with all Wazgot special module drone specs I did collect:

Spoiler

Name: Scavenger drones (Mk.I)
Type:                     Special module
Class:                    Frigate
subclass:                Egineer
ship:                    Waz’Got Mark I
Faction:                Ellydium
Drone:DPS (EM)             205 dmg/s
Drone:damage              176 dmg
Drone:rate of fire          70 rounds/min
Drone:durability        1719 pts
Drones                       4 pts
Missile:range            5000 m
Missile:velocity        1000 m/s
Missile:damage               ? dmg/s
Drone preparation time      27 s
Module:production limit       2 pts
Recharge                   5 s
Description:            By picking up ship debris the engineer produces drones, attacking the enemy and repairing the ship’s hull (+ shields?) for ‘66%’ of received damage. On activation a drone becomes a missile attacking the target. Upon missile explosion nearby allies are repaired and enemies receive damage.
Name:                    Scavenger drones
Drone:DPS (EM)             220 dmg/s
Drone:damage              189 dmg
Drone:durability        1873 pts
Drone:DPS (EM)             232 dmg/s
Drone:damage              199 dmg
Drone:durability        1994 pts
Drone:DPS (EM)             242 dmg/s
Drone:damage              207 dmg
Drone:durability        2097 pts
Drone:DPS (EM)             313 dmg/s
Drone:damage              268 dmg
Drone:durability        2148 pts
Drone:DPS (EM)            255  dmg/s
Drone:damage             218  dmg
Drone:durability        2165 pts

Name: Alien satellites (Mk.II)
ship:                    Waz’Got Mark II
Drone:DPS (thermal)         260 dmg/s
Drone:damage              195 dmg
Drone:rate of fire          80 rounds/min
Drone:weapon range        2000 m
Drone:durability        1873 pts
Drone preparation time      18 s
Energy consumption          80 eng
Recharge                   1 s
Description:            When picking up ship debris, produces drones attacking enemies and restoring the host’s shield for ‘60%’ of the damage they deal. On activation restores 4500 hull of the selected ally and sends him one drone for 25 s. Drone sent to allies deal ‘40%’ more damage.
Name:                    Alien satellites
Drone:DPS (thermal)         274 dmg/s
Drone:damage              205 dmg
Drone:DPS (thermal)         285 dmg/s
Drone:damage              214 dmg
Drone:DPS (thermal)         295 dmg/s
Drone:damage              221 dmg
Drone:DPS (thermal)         300 dmg/s
Drone:damage              225 dmg

Name: Green mist (Mk.III)
ship:                    Waz’Got Mark III
Drone:DPS (thermal)         266 dmg/s
Drone:damage               200 dmg
Active range:            2000 m
Drone preparation time      45 s
Energy consumption         500 eng
Recharge                  12 s
Description:            On catalyst use allies in range become transparent to projectiles, missiles, laser beams, and explosions for 2.5s. Previously protected targets can’t be protected again for 12s.
Name:                    Green mist
Drone:DPS (thermal)         278 dmg/s
Drone:damage              208 dmg
Drone:DPS (thermal)         287 dmg/s
Drone:damage              215 dmg
Drone:DPS (thermal)         292 dmg/s
Drone:damage              219 dmg

Name: Autonomous drones (Mk.IV)
ship:                    Waz’Got Mark IV
Drone:DPS (thermal)         208 dmg/s
Drone:damage              156 dmg
Drone: projectile speed:3200 m/s
Drone preparation time      27 s
Energy consumption         552 eng
Recharge:                   10 s
Turret:DPS (thermal)     920 dmg/s
Turret:damage             690 dmg
Turret:rate of fire          80 rounds/min
Turret:range            3200 m
Turret:durability        5000 pts
Turret:autonomous time      60 s
Void drone:DPS (thermal) 400 dmg/s
Void drone:damage         400 dmg
Void drone:rate of fire      60 rounds/min
Void drone:range        3200 m
Void drone:durability    2000 pts
Void drone:auton. time      30 s
Description:            Launches a pod with an autonomous drone capable of working in space and on the surface.
Name:                    Autonomous drones
Drone:DPS (thermal)         215 dmg/s
Drone:damage              161 dmg
Energy consumption         581 eng
Turret:DPS (thermal)     951 dmg/s
Turret:damage             713 dmg
Void drone:DPS (thermal) 413 dmg/s
Void drone:damage         413 dmg
Name:                    Autonomous drones
Drone:DPS (thermal)         219 dmg/s
Drone:damage              164 dmg
Energy consumption         616 eng
Turret:DPS (thermal)     726 dmg/s
Turret:damage             545 dmg
Void drone:DPS (thermal) 421 dmg/s
Void drone:damage         421 dmg

Name: Repair drone opperator (Mk.V)
ship:                    Waz’Got Mark V
Drone:DPS ()             226 dmg/s
Drone:damage              170 dmg
Drone:projectile speed  3200 m/s
Drone:durability       2148? pts
Drone preparation time      30 s
Energy consumption         109 eng
Recharge                   6 s
Description:            Launches drones following the ship. Upon activation a drone moves to the selected spot and transforms into a repair pack. Repair 1470 hull pts for an ally who picks it up and 1101 pts for every other ally in 2000 m range. The repair pack persists for 105 s.
Name:                    Repair drone opperator
Drone:DPS ()             230 dmg/s
Drone:damage              173 dmg
Drone:durability       2165? pts
Energy consumption         118 eng

10 hours ago, niripas said:

Any engineer will die to doomsday spam so idk what this proves. I finally made wazgot r10 and i find it to be the strongest healer so far (I have no station and no gravi, low range on patron as well)

And looking back at your arguments about eclipse in previous threads … that makes no sense since wl13 has auto aim while eclipse is a projectile and can very easily miss and is very hard to hit on allies that are evading enemy fire.

Truth is, wazgot outputs far more healing and utility than any other engi. The only downside is slow self healing. brokk heal laser may have double heal on paper but the benefit of aimbot on waz is better, specially for ally intys dogfighting or evading. Not to mention instant 4.5k heals from specmod

Plus If it’s so bad, why does every good team/squad use wazgot? And why it’s being used a lot by teams in this t3 tournament?

48 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Any engineer will die to doomsday spam.

Nope.

48 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

And looking back at your arguments about eclipse in previous threads … that makes no sense since wl13 has auto aim while eclipse is a projectile and can very easily miss and is very hard to hit on allies that are evading enemy fire.

Brokk is still much better healer. And well - it all depends on skill and positioning, also:

50 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Truth is, wazgot outputs far more healing and utility than any other engi.

It is much more flexible, that’s why a proper engineer pilot has at least two engies in his lineup ready - Brokk and Waz’got.

53 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Not to mention instant 4.5k heals from specmod

Styx’s spec module heals for 9k, Brokk can heal the whole team in 3.5km cone for 6k, killing all devices in that range as well. 

57 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Plus If it’s so bad, why does every good team/squad use wazgot?

Well, “every good team” that was using Waz’Got as a healer lost to our dread wing. However it’s battle station is a godsend for those pesky covops nuke raids. I am not saying the ship is bad, I’m just saying that there are better healers out there. So if you need to heal a dessie and few gunships - Brokk is the way to go. Healing inties - Waz’got - as it will usually be further from harm’s way. 

58 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

And why it’s being used a lot by teams in this t3 tournament?

Because it’s signature weapon doesn’t require skill and there is no Brokk in T3 ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) Not to mention it allows to use an exploit having a battlestation (which of course is bannable). 

28 minutes ago, niripas said:

Styx’s spec module heals for 9k, Brokk can heal the whole team in 3.5km cone for 6k, killing all devices in that range as well.

That’s a dishonest comparison… you can’t just compare numbers while ignoring everything else.

Brokk heals 6k shields, something you left out. 4.5k hull > 6k shield for all non-jericho ships.

Styx specmod isn’t even in the same league since it requires ally to be really close to you (generally meaning they’re already safe)… and it also only heals shield!

While wazgot can restore hull from 5km away

28 minutes ago, niripas said:

Nope

then tell what engineer is so much tankier than wazgot? wazgot has nearly same base hull and shield volume as octo (and 3 hull slots) while naga has more hull but 2 hull slots.

You can do armadillo + resists on it same as other engies.

25 minutes ago, niripas said:

Because it’s signature weapon doesn’t require skill and there is no Brokk in T3 ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) Not to mention it allows to use an exploit having a battlestation (which of course is bannable). 

26 minutes ago, niripas said:

I’m just saying that there are better healers out there

So far I’m only seeing the brokk argument (only because of the heal gun). What other healers would you say are better?

7 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

That’s a dishonest comparison… you can’t just compare numbers while ignoring everything else.

Brokk heals 6k shields, something you left out. 4.5k hull > 6k shield for all non-jericho ships. Styx specmod isn’t even in the same league since it requires ally to be really close to you (generally meaning they’re already safe)… and it also only heals shield!

While wazgot can restore hull from 5km away

then tell what engineer is so much tankier than wazgot? wazgot has nearly same base hull and shield volume as octo (and 3 hull slots) while naga has more hull but 2 hull slots.

You can do armadillo + resists on it same as other engies.

Even empire gunships have 5k shields, so I wouldn’t dismiss shields restoration as useless so lightly.

Which engie? Almost any. Tai’kin needs to have 12 seconds reload between two of three doomsday salvo. Naga/Octopus will self heal over 22k HP in that time. On Waz’got you will be lucky to self heal 8k HP in that time, which is not enough to survive the third doomsday. So unless you have emergency station ready - you are dead. 

3 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

So far I’m only seeing the brokk argument (only because of the heal gun). What other healers would you say are better?

Octopus/Naga if you need constant healing of heavier ships (like gunship/tackler/destroyer configuration). 

I think we have a little misunderstanding here - I am NOT saying that Waz’got is better/worse than other engineer ships. What I’m saying is that in the scenario of constant healing  team of heavier ships - Waz’got is not the optimal choice. For healing intie furballs from 5-7km away and adding some utility function (like warping wounded bait back to the allies or area denial with battle station ) - it’s awesome. 

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Which engie? Almost any. Tai’kin needs to have 12 seconds reload between two of three doomsday salvo. Naga/Octopus will self heal over 22k HP in that time. On Waz’got you will be lucky to self heal 8k HP in that time, which is not enough to survive the third doomsday. So unless you have emergency station ready - you are dead. 

Naga/octo will also need to have repair station ready to heal that much right? Nanodrone doesn’t heal 22k HP in 12 sec, so the same goes for those two engies – have repair station or you’re dead.

Also, by doomsday spam i mean actual spam, like from more than one taikin (which I believe is the least you can expect from any co-ordinated push). Two of those can deal almost 40k with the 40% node (+ extra because its an explosion) + main weapon (bonus points if phase suppressor)

Even empire gunships have 5k shields, so I wouldn’t dismiss shields restoration as useless so lightly.

Honestly I would. Empire gunships shields go down in one hit from many weapons, they lack resists and shield is generally much worse than hull tanking anyway

P.S. Thread derailed

Coming back to wolfhound, I think the main module is pretty strong, but not a fan of the big hitbox

Would definitely love to see kinematic shield on it (and every other fed gunship really)

I’ve been doing a few PvP this morning with it .

and one of the thing i generally try to do is get my hull under the 50% HP treshold , giving me a huge buff on basically everything , and then i try to tank on the shield ( not easy when it feels like the shield hitbox is the size of a frigate   ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) )

3 hours ago, niripas said:

5k that go down with one singularity crit.

3 hours ago, niripas said:

And even if that happens Waz’got can just press F to evade all the damage for 3 sec… every 12 sec. let’s compare that to… gunships! Oh invincibility lasts 1 sec and has 60 sec cooldown… No pattern here.

22k heal > taking no damage …i think not

6 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

Naga/octo will also need to have repair station ready to heal that much right? Nanodrone doesn’t heal 22k HP in 12 sec, so the same goes for those two engies – have repair station or you’re dead.

Also, by doomsday spam i mean actual spam, like from more than one taikin (which I believe is the least you can expect from any co-ordinated push). Two of those can deal almost 40k with the 40% node (+ extra because its an explosion) + main weapon (bonus points if phase suppressor)

Honestly I would. Empire gunships shields go down in one hit from many weapons, they lack resists and shield is generally much worse than hull tanking anyway

[Frontal Blaster] still can do 37k damage pts with one shot in certain circumstances and builds (see screenshot from 4th April 2018, below) on a frigate, like my Wazzi. Most FBs deal like 27k on my frigate, these days.

That could one-shot a Wolfhound (and one shots a wounded Wazzi).

Man - its time for 30k dmg [Octopus 17] missiles ; )

5acccfbc47249_37kdmgfrontblaster2.png.e9307705d3a4df76d337d4bc75451a61.png

46 minutes ago, avarshina said:

[Frontal Blaster] still can do 37k damage pts with one shot in certain circumstances and builds (see screenshot from 4th April 2018, below) on a frigate, like my Wazzi. Most FBs deal like 27k on my frigate, these days.

That could one-shot a Wolfhound (and one shots a wounded Wazzi).

Man - its time for 30k dmg [Octopus 17] missiles ; )

Okay i told you engie payers hundreds of times, that especially to you FB should be easy to counterplay:

energy convertrer oneshots 8k hp targets that deal 37k damage in a very short time, if aimed properly

static barrier combined with minelayer works wonders, as they have to directly fly at you to get their full dps.

And those 37k damage were not one shot. If you look closely, the killing blow was a mere 1190 damage, those shots only feel so big due to the insane RoF of this thing.

A solution to the FB problem would probably be make the turrets like all the others, remove the top speed buffs and reduce RoF by 50%… that would probably be a balanced weapon.