Wolfhound balance is nearly right ( imo )

in todays update 1.5.1b , some change have been made to the wolfhound special module and unique active module .

those are change in the right direction , the buff of the archangel module allow the ship to deal significantly more dmg and make this module a worthy competitor to the normal Gunship module , now having a 25% boost .
you trade half of the boost for a base volley damage of around 22.3K thermal dmg which is worth it imo.

i still don’t have the vulnerability scanner after hours and hours of farm to try and fine it , but i suppose the buff is good too.

as for the “wounded beast” module , it’s a really strong module that trully allow you to get the max from your ship , and i tend to dmg myself on purpose just to hit that 50% hull Hp and get the 23.1% boost . 

now what i would like to see is a change to the weapon , right now the dmg output is very correct , reaching 3200DPS on my ship , with good dispersion and a decent rannge of 3.2Km. with those stats i think asking for a projectile speed similar to a assault railgun would make this weapon too strong , so a speed of 2500-3000m/s base would be frankly enough , you would still have trouble hitting interceptor ( which is fine since your archangel module can delete intereceptor rather efficiently ) . but this speed would allow you to hit fighter from a bit more range than currently ( currently being point blank range honestly ).

The ship speed and mobility is overall more than enough , being a fed gunship allows it to quickly move on the map and select it’s target .

I’ve been complaining a lot about this ship being bad recently , but the more i play it in PvP the more i see how it is suppose to be played , or at least the more i see how i should play it to get result in.

yes there is probably better ship flying around , but i still like my wolfy ( need to love those 60 enriched electrum ) .

I used it only in OS yet but I was satisfied with it. Flying it feels good, it moves like a fed ship has to. I built it to be fast so I can get away and make short turns until the spec module recharges. The buff for it was a nice addition.

I don’t have the ship specific modules and weapons so I can’t talk about those.

I hope it won’t get speed or handling nerfs. That is what most fed ships have/had/should have as their own advantage… at least.

i still think, initially it was planned as a federation engineer ship …

has it been reduced in size in open space/battles?

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

i still think, initially it was planned as a federation engineer ship …

No way. It is such a classic movie style ship design that can’t be anything but a real attack ship overhauled with all sorts of weapons.

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

has it been reduced in size in open space/battles?

I also had a feeling of changed ship size but not regarding this one. 

Well I don’t know if you usually play gunship guys, but I do. 

Fathound still su ck. 

I was testing it in Trashold I was killed each time when I entered fight against NPCs. 

Then I took Mjolnir that is made for spec ops with just one hull slot and passive armor on it. So it have -5, 50, 25 resists on hull. 

Point is that Mjolnir with no resists was much harder to kill then xxxx  Fathound.

So please don’t lie that ship is balanced good. It is complete crap in combo with IGNIS that need point blank range to be able to hit.

34 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Well I don’t know if you usually play gunship guys, but I do. 

Fathound still su ck. 

I was testing it in Trashold I was killed each time when I entered fight against NPCs. 

Then I took Mjolnir that is made for spec ops with just one hull slot and passive armor on it. So it have -5, 50, 25 resists on hull. 

Point is that Mjolnir with no resists was much harder to kill then xxxx  Fathound.

So please don’t lie that ship is balanced good. It is complete crap in combo with IGNIS that need point blank range to be able to hit.

Signed. It’s crap. I asked someone to try to kill me with a Destroyer - Sirius. Several attempts were made, all failed.

Ship’s size should be reduced by 20%.

Igni’s blaster speed should be increased by 60%. Spread reduced by 10%, and damage increased by 7,5%.

15 hours ago, Koromac said:

Signed. It’s crap. I asked someone to try to kill me with a Destroyer - Sirius. Several attempts were made, all failed.

Ship’s size should be reduced by 20%.

Igni’s blaster speed should be increased by 60%. Spread reduced by 10%, and damage increased by 7,5%.

It’s smaller than Piranha B2, more agile, more tanky and Archangel is a ton of fun (combos great with Singus, as they have roughly the same projectile speed), but i agree it’s still nothing special in current meta…

How is 1350m/s same as 1800m/s? Fathound is fatter from the profile.

I think it would be better if that ship was guard. 

http://prntscr.com/is4arp

More SRS opinion on Fathound and game as it is now.

Wolfhound has considerably smaller profile than Piranha, and it is multiple time smaller than Fed Frigate. It has a wingspan of a peregrine.

Wolfhound has a great and fun special module

Wolfhounds active is great vs heavier targets

Ignis has nice DPS and 16 second DOT on top of that (which basically contributes to +10% dmg), you make projectile speed any faster than singularity and it becomes OP, which will lead to a nerf of alfa and DoT dmg, making it another Plasmer, at least this way it is different.

The only thing that is stopping Wolfhound from being good gunship is Frontal Blasters and 8km Focusing lasers

35 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Wolfhound has considerably smaller profile than Piranha, and it is multiple time smaller than Fed Frigate. It has a wingspan of a peregrine.

Ignis has nice DPS and 16 second DOT on top of that (which basically contributes to +10% dmg), you make projectile speed any faster than singularity and it becomes OP, which will lead to a nerf of alfa and DoT dmg, making it another Plasmer, at least this way it is different.

The only thing that is stopping Wolfhound from being good gunship is Frontal Blasters and 8km Focusing lasers

It is nice that you think so, ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

I would not expect anything else from you even if you are only one that says so. ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Well played  _ GG  _ ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

I gave up on this game. You won.

Go get your Newbie, Average Joe, Good Guy Greg and Hardcore Harry

![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)

36 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

It is nice that you think so, ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

I would not expect anything else from you even if you are only one that says so. ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

Well played  _ GG  _ ![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)

I gave up on this game. You won.

Go get your Newbie, Average Joe, Good Guy Greg and Hardcore Harry

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Actually the 16 sec DoT is only when the projectile hit a surface , i’ve tried it and it only burns for 8 sec on a ship , even when you doesn’t shot another one after that.