Why leveling Elly in this game isn't fun

Here’s a scenario:

You just got your second Elly ship. It’s rank 5. Your tharg is rank 15. You are out of node parts.

In this scenario you are forced to use rank 15 ships just to get stuff you use to rank up your rank 5 ship.

Thats really silly.

Just make node container missions start at min rank 5. All’s good.

And while you’re at it, remove “use highest rank ships” mission requirements all-together.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

And while you’re at it, remove “use highest rank ships” mission requirements all-together.

This thing has to become real before anything else…

Since how long this stupid requirement is been asked to got removed cus playing in the highest ranks never is fun + seems to create problems that missions not count even when you use the highest rank?

I have since weeks and months a single mission that never gets any progress cus it´s an combination of a certain shipclass + the highest rank requirement. I tried all my highest rank ships but not a single one counts towards the mission.

Mission is called something something with an interceptor and the highest rank available. No matter what class of the interceptors i use it simply doesn´t count anything. Simply make those mission an killy/accumulate/whatever with any ship and most problems would be solved and eventually add something like an “ship class specific” daily quest.

7 minutes ago, Vesperion said:

Since how long this stupid requirement is been asked to got removed cus playing in the highest ranks never is fun + seems to create problems that missions not count even when you use the highest rank?

I have since weeks and months a single mission that never gets any progress cus it´s an combination of a certain shipclass + the highest rank requirement. I tried all my highest rank ships but not a single one counts towards the mission.

Mission is called something something with an interceptor and the highest rank available. No matter what class of the interceptors i use it simply doesn´t count anything. Simply make those mission an killy/accumulate/whatever with any ship and most problems would be solved and eventually add something like an “ship class specific” daily quest.

If you fulfill requirements for the mission and mission doesn’t progress, please log a bug. 

4 hours ago, niripas said:

If you fulfill requirements for the mission and mission doesn’t progress, please log a bug. 

There is no bug. I tested everything. It all works as intended, unless if there is a user-specific problem.

I’ve basically given up on progression for the sake of just playing ships I like in R8-10. Anything else is just not worth while any more.

This is why I just bought tharga and let it sit there at R5, so much grinding for what’s just a glorified gunship fighter. Much easier to just get classic ships.

34 minutes ago, HBZK100 said:

This is why I just bought tharga and let it sit there at R5, so much grinding for what’s just a glorified gunship fighter. Much easier to just get classic ships.

Well, Thar’Ga, if setup right, is the most powerful and most maneuverable funship in the game.

Tai’Kin cannot be matched either. As far as Wuz’Got, I am only at rank 9 with it and I don’t know where it truly shines. People say its being used as a gunship replacement but it seems like it has its own meta where it can be support and kill while being super easy to stay alive while supporting.

My thing is that I don’t even worry about all the missions you have to do to get them and just play the game. I end up getting them done just playing and “trying” to have fun.

Below R11, the waz is only useful in PvAI. As in PvP it gets rekt ez and in PvE it doesn’t get part drops from most kills.

The Waz’Got is great: if you fly it - there’s almost no way back to normal frigates.

Though I am not seeing the “restores 66% of damage dealt” thing.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Though I am not seeing the “restores 66% of damage dealt” thing.

that is for drone auto fire, not missile mode, and it only heals hulls that way

31 minutes ago, evo888 said:

that is for drone auto fire, not missile mode, and it only heals hulls that way

Ohhhhhh ok I thought it was like the second spec mod where it healed shields too.

I am not sure (because its hard to see/detect)  but it can be that Scavenger drones of Waz’Got Mk I heal shields and hull and Alien statellite drones of Wau’Got Mk II only heal shields. I would like to investigate this …

On 9/23/2017 at 11:17 PM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ohhhhhh ok I thought it was like the second spec mod where it healed shields too.

no, alien satellites only heals shields with its lifesteal