Why beginners should not make any project ship in high tier.

This is a serious and important tip for everyone who just started this game.

Do not make a project ship in low level, if you don’t want to spend real money!

1. Project ships are generally at the high tier.

=> You need to pay a lot of credits to make a single ship, also it demands high repair fee.

Someone might say “Ok, but I think I can endure it.”

However, this is just a start.

1. Because of 1, you will meet a lot of veteran players in PVP, you get a small chance to earn high synergy and credits.

In PVE mission, bots are tough for you to handle. 

The worst case? 

If you made T15 ship, you cannot participate Co op battle.

These hinder you from earning enough synergy and credits to proceed.

1. Project ships generally have many selections.

This is double edge blades.

If you know the ship properly, and know yourselves, it gives you a lot of boosts.

On the contrary, beginners don’t understand not only themselves, but also game features. 

For example, if you choose EM damage boost, and find out kinetic weapon is better, you have to refit it, since your build does not give you any boost at the certain level of synergy.

( Credit costs: Refit = You buy this ship first time.)

These are the reasons why beginners should not try to make any project ships in high tier.

Sry for my short english, if you don’t understand please let me know.

This makes perfect sense and I completely understand.

While I’m not exactly new to the game, I have tested out progression on alternative accounts, and gaining access to these high rank ships does make further progression much much slower. The primary reason is always credits. Credits are so hard to accumulate, and can be drained in the blink of an eye on anything.

A single destroyer weapon now costs over 15 million credits to reach Mk4. That is incredible!

On 11/16/2018 at 3:16 AM, CutieSP said:

This is a serious and important tip for everyone who just started this game.

Do not make a project ship in low level, if you don’t want to spend real money!

1. Project ships are generally at the high tier.

=> You need to pay a lot of credits to make a single ship, also it demands high repair fee.

Someone might say “Ok, but I think I can endure it.”

However, this is just a start.

1. Because of 1, you will meet a lot of veteran players in PVP, you get a small chance to earn high synergy and credits.

In PVE mission, bots are tough for you to handle. 

The worst case? 

If you made T15 ship, you cannot participate Co op battle.

These hinder you from earning enough synergy and credits to proceed.

1. Project ships generally have many selections.

This is double edge blades.

If you know the ship properly, and know yourselves, it gives you a lot of boosts.

On the contrary, beginners don’t understand not only themselves, but also game features. 

For example, if you choose EM damage boost, and find out kinetic weapon is better, you have to refit it, since your build does not give you any boost at the certain level of synergy.

( Credit costs: Refit = You buy this ship first time.)

These are the reasons why beginners should not try to make any project ships in high tier.

Hmm. You should change the title to “Why beginners should not make any project ship in high tier if they don’t have any R12 ship or lower in other factions and they only want to do PvP”. 

The whole idea is that if you reach R15 you are no longer a beginner, but some people just have to tier rush, ignore advices of others and just mindlessly take ships to the battle “because you have to level this ship up”. So I fully agree that those ships can bring a lot of frustration if not fitted properly or without thinking. However If a person don’t want just to play PvP it is possible to level such ship pretty quick to usable level. You need 186k xp to get it to level 4. I was levelling up Singularity last week and getting that to lvl 4 took me less than an hour and it has very similar requirements to R15 SP ships but again - tier rusher will have no idea how to do it effectively,

So yes - I fully agree with your statement.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:18 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

Credits are so hard to accumulate, and can be drained in the blink of an eye on anything.

A single destroyer weapon now costs over 15 million credits to reach Mk4. That is incredible!

Actually credits are pretty easy to get if you want to think about it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

14 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Actually credits are pretty easy to get if you want to think about it ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

What do you mean by this?

Long PVE missions, no shortcutting? killing every pirate, ship?

Not having most of the ships above rank 12-ish and experience in all roles of ships, starting an elly ship project is a big economic mistake, the regular projects are slightly less of a mistake, but mistake regardless because all of them are designed to provide a different edge in games. Of course one can make them and not see it as a mistake of any kind and enjoy their time but for the sake of yourself and the rage that comes after bad decisions, triple check what you want to achieve and if that decision will lead there.

Additional explanation of “economic mistake”: when you, let’s say, build a Tharga and realize the setup doesnt feel right for you and you unlock another node to see if it’s the right one, THAT guesswork will result in you pretty much unlocking most, if not all, of the nodes and a slight bankruptcy on the go. The other regular project ships require less guesswork but it doesn’t mean it’s any less expensive. Just make sure to do your research of any kind first and then buy something.

If you are casual and are looking for fun and don’t mind dying a lot, whatever you do is the right choice and you cant go wrong, ever. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

I hope this suffices as an explanation.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, ORCA1911 said:

Not having most of the ships above rank 12-ish and experience in all roles of ships, starting an elly ship project is a big economic mistake, the regular projects are slightly less of a mistake, but mistake regardless because all of them are designed to provide a different edge in games. Of course one can make them and not see it as a mistake of any kind and enjoy their time but for the sake of yourself and the rage that comes after bad decisions, triple check what you want to achieve and if that decision will lead there.

Additional explanation of “economic mistake”: when you, let’s say, build a Tharga and realize the setup doesnt feel right for you and you unlock another node to see if it’s the right one, THAT guesswork will result in you pretty much unlocking most, if not all, of the nodes and a slight bankruptcy on the go. The other regular project ships require less guesswork but it doesn’t mean it’s any less expensive. Just make sure to do your research of any kind first and then buy something.

If you are casual and are looking for fun and don’t mind dying a lot, whatever you do is the right choice and you cant go wrong, ever. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) 

I hope this suffices as an explanation.

Thx for your additional explanation.

I forgot to write about Alien ships, and yes, they seem easy, until you realize that you need 12 clearance level to make T15(Full Node).

I’ve seen too many people doing too many projects at once in the game and just get lost in it and find themselves without resources to continue and from that point on it’s just self-torture. At best, someone’s first project ship should be a ship of the r15 line, they are a slight upgrade to standard ships but their customization is the key to unlocking that “meta” thinking cap that will be helpful when you want to start an ellydium project.