Who's driving my ship? it's not me

with this new update to the basic flight mechanics I feel like some random jack wagon is now piloting my ship while all I do is on look from deep space via a cam and pont to where I want to go and shoot. I would rather have the old staic system back rather than this new odd AI driver it would be ok if it was assiting it turret rotation or somthing of that nature but letting it drive my ship for me? thats just not ok by me.

I think the system is much better now. Sure it took some getting used to, but think about it. In space, there is no air resistance and all that stuff. So of course your ship isnt going to turn on a dime. The developers did a very good job of factoring in inertia into the game flight mechanics. Just keep fighting and you will get used to it. I hated it at first too, but now i love it.

On a side note, when pressing ‘F’ on your Fighter and trying to make quick turns trying to evade someone, your Fighter will go all wonky. I dont know if its a bug or is an intended side effect of the skill, but it is like someone else if flying your ship. If you try to fly up and then quickly back down, or any other set of opposite directions, your ship will rock back and forth like a teeter-totter and you cant fly straight to save your life… Literally.

~Shadow

I think the system is much better now. Sure it took some getting used to, but think about it. In space, there is no air resistance and all that stuff. So of course your ship isnt going to turn on a dime. The developers did a very good job of factoring in inertia into the game flight mechanics. Just keep fighting and you will get used to it. I hated it at first too, but now i love it.

~Shadow

Same here, at first I thought I will loose every fight with this handling, but now I am used to it and I even better than before.

There are some new settings now under game options there you can choose the prefered camera mode.