what ship suits best for a captain

It was probably an ambulance/technician boat than.

No, he was flying gunship vs me :yes_yes:

empire LFR best captains (unless the enemy team really coordinates and comes after you with ECMs and stuff)

75% damage buff + 6 positrons is yummy

empire LFR best captains (unless the enemy team really coordinates and comes after you with ECMs and stuff)

75% damage buff + 6 positrons is yummy

Sorry NO JUST PLAIN NO !  I cringe everytime a Capt comes out in a LRF. 

(there are very few that can do well in one).  

Good Luck if you have NO engineer there with you.   

I should have been more specific, I meant T3 and Sigurd. (I sometimes forget the game has 5 tiers, everytime you see me post I am reffering to T3 unless stated otherwise :stuck_out_tongue: )

Okay so we can all agree as such 

1. LRF or slow ships are NOT a good pick for being a captian. 

2. Tanky ships are fine, UNLESS you dont have proper support. (Good team, squad) 

3. Engineers are fine as long as you have a decent squad with you. 

4. ECM interceptors are usually prefered 

5. Recons are situationally good

6. CO are usually a good choice but only for the most “experienced” pilots. 

Fun fact: I was in a recent CR match and I was in my CO, but at the last 50 seconds of the match out of a 10 minute game, some lucky sun of a gun tackled me and his buddy stasis me long enough for a [bOT] to kill me. Talk about humiliation. 

Okay so we can all agree as such 

1. LRF or slow ships are NOT a good pick for being a captian. 

2. Tanky ships are fine, UNLESS you dont have proper support. (Good team, squad) 

3. Engineers are fine as long as you have a decent squad with you. 

4. ECM interceptors are usually prefered 

5. Recons are situationally good

6. CO are usually a good choice but only for the most “experienced” pilots.

Didn’t really read the thread but where did gunships go for 75% bonused mayhem?

Also covops are really hard to captain in, they die super easy and only have speed going for them which won’t help you because so does the enemy. I cannot recommend them, in particular since you usually have no engineer unless you squad and you just cannot sustain a prolonged attack in covops. Don’t even think about taking an adaptive tanked covops as captain.

ECM interceptors are useful for metastable but without a team to back you up you’ll die in them just the same. ECM is never a bad choice but not really the best choice either when solo. In particular since most players don’t exactly stack survival mods onto their ECM ships.

Recons are always good, but I guess at least empire recons fall under #2, not #5. I had a CR yesterday as captain and the only time they got close to killing my recon was with a coordinated triple ECM rush onto me and when my ship drifted into the line of fire of their empire LRF while I was in my third stasis. Team was good though even though we had no engineer so they eventually cleaned them up while they plinked away at my obscene tank.

Fun fact: I was in a recent CR match and I was in my CO, but at the last 50 seconds of the match out of a 10 minute game, some lucky sun of a gun tackled me and his buddy stasis me long enough for a [bOT] to kill me. Talk about humiliation.

Haha, nice one. Those bots quite often latch onto some player and follow him like a dog. If that guy is in the right ship they can make great plays using that bot.

Sorry NO JUST PLAIN NO !  I cringe everytime a Capt comes out in a LRF. 

(there are very few that can do well in one).  

Good Luck if you have NO engineer there with you.   

If the pilot cant fly a ship, it doesnt mean its a ships problem :slight_smile:

I love doing captain in a Sigurdr, one shotting most Inties and Fed Fighters at 5-6K with positrons is fun, just have to use your team as a meat shield with positioning, but you can tank so much dmg in it with 3 multipurpose modules.

If the pilot cant fly a ship, it doesnt mean its a ships problem :slight_smile:

I love doing captain in a Sigurdr, one shotting most Inties and Fed Fighters at 5-6K with positrons is fun, just have to use your team as a meat shield with positioning, but you can tank so much dmg in it with 3 multipurpose modules.

Hey, dont tell them how to fly a LRF, other wise they might actually start using it effectively

to sum things up don’t use jeri long range frigate or a tackler as captain, you will insta die when you get rushed

In my experience:

1. LRF - Never good without support, and even with it, still has a good chance of dying quickly and unpleasantly

2. Guard - Does well in SPACE TRENCH WARFARE situations (which is almost never below T3), but won’t be able to handle constant attack from near damn anything without proper defensive support.

3. Engineer - I just hope you’re Imperial on this one. Usually a solid choice, just look out when you catch a case of the spy drones.

4. Gunship - Bretty gud, just don’t stay in one place (Read: so-so)

5. Tackler - Worse than most choices you can make. Keep moving.

6. Command - I just hope you’re Imperial on this one, too.

7. Recon - Really good if you’re Imperial and have parasitic remodulator. Microwarp is a double-edged sword, though, as its use can make all the difference between catching a break and getting killed faster.

8. CovOps - Fun. Very fun, but don’t expect to last long. Keep moving.

9. ECM - I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of my stun. A solid choice.

In my experience:

1. LRF - Never good without support, and even with it, still has a good chance of dying quickly and unpleasantly

2. Guard - Does well in SPACE TRENCH WARFARE situations (which is almost never below T3), but won’t be able to handle constant attack from near damn anything without proper defensive support.

3. Engineer - I just hope you’re Imperial on this one. Usually a solid choice, just look out when you catch a case of the spy drones.

4. Gunship - Bretty gud, just don’t stay in one place (Read: so-so)

5. Tackler - Worse than most choices you can make. Keep moving.

6. Command - I just hope you’re Imperial on this one, too.

7. Recon - Really good if you’re Imperial and have parasitic remodulator. Microwarp is a double-edged sword, though, as its use can make all the difference between catching a break and getting killed faster.

8. CovOps - Fun. Very fun, but don’t expect to last long. Keep moving.

9. ECM - I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of my stun. A solid choice.

=) this was a good read =)

ECM captain will die to a squad of CovOps even with an (average) Engineer supporting him.

IF the squad can survive ~15 seconds around the captain. So they need to send a handful of baddies off to the waiting room before they can go in. But If it is one of those games where no one dies, then nothing is going to happen regardless of who is flying what.

ECM is a good choice because casuals don’t exactly know how to deal with them as captain. Stats wise, they are only slightly better than Fed Gunship. And Fed Gunships don’t survive long. When the average Joe starts learning to take out ECM Caps properly, it will lose that top spot in most of everyone’s ‘Best Captain’ list.

In the end, it is not just the pilot and his ship. But also how good his opponents are. Good games as LRF caps for eg. only happen because the skill difference was sufficient to allow it happening in the first place.

But it doesn’t change the fact that ECM has highests survivability in the game, all of his modules helps him survive, and using your example as a 4man cov op, ECM is the only ship that actually still has chances to survive 1v4 for some time + duration of a bubble, the only ship that comes close is a Fed recon that warps away and then just runs

the only ship that comes close is a Fed recon that warps away and then just runs

And how much fun is that! When you know they will come after you, but you also know that you are the fastest ship on the map, so with proper course you will never get into LoS in weapon range. Feels good, i miss playing recons.

I usually fly my CovOp with 700m/s. Hit and run with a speed where only a couple of ships can catch up.

Just for giggles I bring a R2 covop with me with no modules, weapons, or missiles just in case if I am cap. Then I keep ramming myself into an asteroid until I get less than 15% hull. Then I run in front of an enemy LRF and stop. Best captain ever.

dont have to ram asteroids if you intended on parking infront of an LRF.

double fail is fail

and that is punishable offence btw …

Just for giggles I bring a R2 covop with me with no modules, weapons, or missiles just in case if I am cap. Then I keep ramming myself into an asteroid until I get less than 15% hull. Then I run in front of an enemy LRF and stop. Best captain ever.

Necro post just to tell us you’re a douche? Take your own advice, get off the forums and seek help.

I was bored. I was joking. And it was 2 at night I think

I was bored. I was joking. And it was 2 at night I think

2 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon? :lol: