What is the role of the Coil Mortar

use the force to predict enemy before the prediction indicator and you can hit the target. use the force!

shared cooler and heatsinks is a way to a pretty bombardment.

I now run Eclipse-Valor, but before that I mained a Coil-Phoenix with damage boosting ammo. Coil-Styx plays pretty much the same, just with a ship that moves slightly faster than the scenery. So, here’s why you should use Coil Mortars:

Coil Mortars maul Interceptors:

Interceptors stay alive by being fast and agile. Coil Mortars don’t give a xxxx about that. You just point them in the general area of the thing you want to die, and it dies. Aiming is for women, cowards, cowardly women and womanly cowards.

Coil Mortars ruin Engineers:

You know how Engineers have drones surrounding them? Not when you use a Coil Mortar! You know how they can deploy remote healing stations? Coil Mortar blows them up AND hits the parent ship! Attack Drones? Hope he didn’t deploy them when the Coil Mortar was busy wrecking his face!

Coil Mortars destroy Guards:

When a Guard sees you coming, they think “Oh, I’m about to get laser spammed by HB and Attack Drones!”. A smart Guard might think “Hmm… he’s probably going to use Positron-Drone to get through my shield. Better tank EM.” And then the Coil Mortar happens and they’re all “Kinetic!? Whyyyyyyyyy???” And then they explode and you get to ram their sad little corpse out of the way and start on the next guy in line.

Coil Mortars make everyone your xxxxx:

You know what being hit by my Coil Mortar sounds like? It sounds like the headboard of your mom’s bed banging on the wall while I bang her. That’s what Coil Mortars are; they’re saying “I’m going to bang your mom when I’m done blowing you into little pieces!” Coil Mortars are so bad-xxxx that women have been known to become spontaneously pregnant when standing too close to them. It’s illegal in 38 countries for underage girls to even look at a picture of a Coil Mortar. For some reason, it’s mandatory in France, but everywhere else agrees these things are seriously not appropriate for children. Or women. Or men who are less manly than the guy who just blew you up and banged your mom.

Coil Mortars are sentient:

The Devs decided that the Coil Mortar was broken and removed it. The Coil Mortar put its right back in the game and killed them all. That’s why you don’t see the Devs in-game any more; the Coil Mortar won’t let them play!

Coil Mortars aren’t actually mortars:

But does the Coil Mortar care? No! It keeps calling itself a mortar anyway and blows up anyone who tries to correct it!

So there you have it. An entirely factual and totally serious list of reasons why you should use Coil Mortars. Enjoy.

After their buff they are seriously really good now. U can really damage people who sit too close, especially true with t

he guard part. Many guards think the shield is still highly resistant to kinetic damage, that isnt the case. Therefore when they ignore the coil mortar with the shield set to the wrong setting, i destroy their shield faster than shooting a styx. After constant fire from a lrf for bout 6 seconds they panic and die problem solved.

I forgot to add, fire this at a beacon, an u will damage every enemy interceptor trying to cap.

I forgot to add, fire this at a beacon, an u will damage every enemy interceptor trying to cap.

Good. Frigates had difficulty fighting interceptors. This will change that

That has been Standard Operating Procedure for quite some time.   Specially with the Phoenix using 2 Horizon modules… you can pound away at the beacon from afar…  Correctly timed EM torpedo followed by volley of Coil Mortar shots works wonders  

Good god, I just lawled my arse off, Jasan xD