what is the point of a tackler?

And regarding the slow field missile, after nerf on slow immune implant most players swapped to energy immune or cd reduction meaning you get full use of the slow field, the only thing people shall realise is that you are giving up missiles for another Active slot, you can’t use them to pew-pew but you gain so much utility in return.

No, you really can’t. Because by using them, you’re screwing your own team in return. Just fit EM missiles or something, those are far more useful to your team.

Well, Wolf has no EB, and they’re different ships anyway, Wolf can’t slow or cloak.

It used to be able to. Good times.

If you want to build your tackler as anti frig, don’t take off target painter, period or better go GunShip and be more useful and one shot intys with PP meanwhile

Target Painter = Ion Emitter. Well, maybe not in the same numbers, but I very much doubt they stack.

No, you really can’t. Because by using them, you’re screwing your own team in return. Just fit EM missiles or something, those are far more useful to your team.

Yes it is possible, as i said pilot has to realise that by equipping slow field missiles he has no missiles in a regular sense of missiles, he can’t just shoot them at w/e and at will, but he has a huge area denial field that 90% of enemies have no counter to if placed in timely manner and in the right place, this is a huge stress to ones ability to realise and judge game flow, there are tons of uses to the field and tactics, but decision have to be made very quickly to gain advantage and not to screw your own team.

Again, it has a potential to win game for your team, but it looks that hardly anyone want to think any more.

Target Painter = Ion Emitter. Well, maybe not in the same numbers, but I very much doubt they stack.

No, just no. I suggest you understand game mechanics first and how they work before starting an argument or giving others advices.

Well, Wolf has no EB, and they’re different ships anyway, Wolf can’t slow or cloak.

It works both ways: Silent Fox can’t dish out heavy damage, or grab the EM bomb and sprint away. Ion tacklers are viable, but by no means the best choice out there. The only reason why I even tried out ion tackler is because I’ve not unlocked any other fighter apart from tacklers. Even my Katana AE was unlocked via Templar AE.

If you want to build your tackler as anti frig, don’t take off target painter, period or better go GunShip and be more useful and one shot intys with PP meanwhile

Basically what xKostyan said about anti-frig tacklers. In fact, I’m only leveling up my Silent Fox so I can have quick access to gunships. 

Yes it is possible, as i said pilot has to realise that by equipping slow field missiles he has no missiles in a regular sense of missiles, he can’t just shoot them at w/e and at will, but he has a huge area denial field that 90% of enemies have no counter to if placed in timely manner and in the right place, this is a huge stress to ones ability to realise and judge game flow, there are tons of uses to the field and tactics, but decision have to be made very quickly to gain advantage and not to screw your own team.

Again, it has a potential to win game for your team, but it looks that hardly anyone want to think any more.

*needs guide on how to use slow field missiles*

My main concern is my teammates’ reaction to the slowing field. After all I’m just an average player and I’m not confident that I can pull them off successfully. I’ll rather leave it to the real pros instead of bringing a weapon that can potentially hinder my team. 

Because 90% of enemies don’t have Survival or Restoration modules… It has a far higher potential to screw your own team in the xxxx.

No, just no. I suggest you understand game mechanics first and how they work before starting an argument or giving others advices.

Then, please, enlighten me. Because, last I recall, the Ion Emitter REDUCED enemy resistances. Something the Target Painter also does. Now, last I recall, the game very much dislikes “stacking penalties”… Hence why I said using both is a bit of a waste. However… I have not tested this in the latest patches… For all I know, ninja fixes have been implemented, boosting even more this haphazard mechanic.

Because, last I recall, the Ion Emitter REDUCED enemy resistances. Something the Target Painter also does. Now, last I recall, the game very much dislikes “stacking penalties”… Hence why I said using both is a bit of a waste. However… I have not tested this in the latest patches… For all I know, ninja fixes have been implemented, boosting even more this haphazard mechanic.

If I’m not wrong, the ion emitter’s effect allows it (and only it) to ignore a certain amount of resistances. That is to say, your allies don’t benefit from the ‘reduced resistances’, because ions simply do not lower any resistances at all; they merely bypass resistances.

Because 90% of enemies don’t have Survival or Restoration modules… It has a far higher potential to screw your own team in the xxxx.

And regarding the slow field missile, after nerf on slow immune implant most players swapped to energy immune or cd reduction meaning you get full use of the slow field

Then, please, enlighten me. Because, last I recall, the Ion Emitter REDUCED enemy resistances. Something the Target Painter also does. Now, last I recall, the game very much dislikes “stacking penalties”… Hence why I said using both is a bit of a waste. However… I have not tested this in the latest patches… For all I know, ninja fixes have been implemented, boosting even more this haphazard mechanic.

Ion Emitter works exactly the same as it was on 1st day of implementation, how many month have past since then? Mechanics are exactly the same, if you don’t bother to learn or attempt to understand the game, you have no place in mechanics/balance discussions, and you shouldn’t give advices left and right, because they do more harm to new players than good.

If I’m not wrong, the ion emitter’s effect allows it (and only it) to ignore a certain amount of resistances. That is to say, your allies don’t benefit from the ‘reduced resistances’, because ions simply do not lower any resistances at all; they merely bypass resistances.

• Yes, precisely, Ion have never reduced any resistances on target, it ignores up to a 100 after 1.3 seconds of continuous fire to the target, Fire rate modules do not affect that 1.3 requirement.

• Commands buble is extremely effective against Ions because Buble has no resistances so Ions have nothing to ignore and just do basic dmg.

• Due to the nature of resistance scaling, Ions scales the most(comparing to other weapons) when target has 0-- 100 thermal resistances if target has <0 and >100 resists at the moment of Ion application (target painter/empire -10 resists implant/command buffs) other weapon actually scale better with dmg boost from negatives or reduced less by 100+ positive resists.

Ion Emitter only reduces resistances for yourself. Target Painter reduces resistances for everyone. There is still a huge point for bringing target painters with any weapon.

Ion Emitter only reduces resistances for yourself.

That would imply that your own missiles and sentry drone would do more dmg to that target, but they dont. Translation for the Ions is very wrong in english client. It has to use word ignores or bypasses.

speaking of tacklers which is better:federation or jericho?

That would imply that your own missiles and sentry drone would do more dmg to that target, but they dont. Translation for the Ions is very wrong in english client. It has to use word ignores or bypasses.

I knew I was missing something, but I never noticed any difference in damage.

speaking of tacklers which is better:federation or jericho?

IMO Fed tacklers are good for quick response and pursuit, where mobility is key. I’m not sure about higher tier Jericho tacklers, but the Katana AE’s straight up damage bonus and increased scan range favours ambush tactics and ganking.

looks like i need jerry ones then

I knew I was missing something, but I never noticed any difference in damage.

Don’t you worry, it’s a typo in the english translation that keeps confusing people. Ion Emitter only ignores up to 100 points of thermal resistance for you and only for you.

It works both ways: Silent Fox can’t dish out heavy damage, or grab the EM bomb and sprint away. Ion tacklers are viable, but by no means the best choice out there. The only reason why I even tried out ion tackler is because I’ve not unlocked any other fighter apart from tacklers. Even my Katana AE was unlocked via Templar AE.

Well I was thinking about Bear or Parallax (i know they’re premium) not about that silent xxxx xD

Crit-fit Ion Emitter. You can literally just dump the Target Painter for something else and give out quite a decent anti-frig dps. Slowing Field is a given, DO NOT xxxx FIELD SLOWING MISSILES. If I catch you doing that on my battlefield, I will push your xxxx in, myself, those missiles are just the most useless things in this entire game as they hurt friendly targets, as well.

You said the same thing about energy draining missiles on an ECM.  It’s just knowing how to use a weapon.

You said the same thing about energy draining missiles on an ECM.  It’s just knowing how to use a weapon.

2 weapons that can kill the entire match for your team! IFF you have an energy fed Engineer CLOSE TO THE BLAST ZONE, w/e, use’em, idgaf. But there is absolutely no reason to use the slowing field missiles without entirely harming, not only the enemy, but your ceptors, as well.

But there is absolutely no reason to use the slowing field missiles without entirely harming, not only the enemy, but your ceptors, as well.

d4596678a98c78ac76415e973bc560b47fb82688

Stop being a xxxx, kost, it’s not your style.

i like ions on an emp gunship a bit more, especially since firestorm is thermal.

i like ions on an emp gunship a bit more, especially since firestorm is thermal.

in what way are they related? you better off using different type of dmg though