"What?" Energy Converter

I’ve used this module before and it’s quite interesting. What I don’t get is how one tiny guard, that’s not even built well(- resistance and low capacity) can deal 100k damage in one convert at 3000m range with a caltrop shooting with a plasma gun dealing little damage.  I shot him with a tempest so 2 and stopped. 

What?

screenshot-171229-231903.jpg.6afdfd8ea2c7ca30642ca556d30a52f0.jpg

I’m curious about what happened here too since I couldn’t really see what was going on at your end of the battle since I had a bloody Cov Ops constantly tagging my Tyrant with white noise the whole time. Best guess is the self fire from the mine field ramped up the damage of the energy converter, otherwise I got no idea.

Someone else had to shoot at him.

11 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Someone else had to shoot at him.

Minefields can self fire if an enemy triggers it right on you, so potentially he used energy converter> used a mine field while hugging> the resultant self fire charged the converter… uuunless that has been found to not work in which 'cause I guess a sniper hit em or something. Fed engies aren’t hard to miss.

If he was less than 1000m away from u firing the energy converter and you were in a dessy firing at him, you die simple as. Since destroyers has that range where they take extra damage youre very squishy.

Energy converter works differently for destroyers than it does for normal ships. Instead of simply reflecting damage, it adds it up every second. So if you only dealt him 10,000 damage, after the full amount plus your destroyer weakness area, you take huge amounts of damage. I frequently use this fact to dispatch camping destroyers that I don’t like.

It also seems like you had already taken lots of damage from other sources, so you were already weakened.

12 hours ago, Koromac said:

This is broken. Refer to the other quote as to why. 

13 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Energy converter works differently for destroyers than it does for normal ships. Instead of simply reflecting damage, it adds it up every second. So if you only dealt him 10,000 damage, after the full amount plus your destroyer weakness area, you take huge amounts of damage

Destroyer’s are weak as it is in close range, this just makes it stupider. The damage boost in PvE does too. They are practically useless EVERYWHERE <1200m for some stupid reason? They got the boost originally because of PvP… why the fork is it applied to every other MODE.