Water Harvest area hazard effect deals kinetic damage instead of thermal or EM

Bug report: location - Open Space, map: Water Harvest, Federation Space

On the screenshot you can see that I am receiving kinetic damage instead of thermal or EM damage. I do not know the lore, but I know that the damage type is wrong.

Damage is done by the hazardous field.

It is clearly a bug, with the wrong assigned damage type.

Screenshot:

120qekl.png

The damage that comes off of essentially anything in this game can be any damage types. It could be that swirling particles from the asteroid field around it as ramming in to your ship like projectiles. I’m not denying the fact that this is a bit weird, but all damage types are kind of irrelevant to what causes them.

The damage that comes off of essentially anything in this game can be any damage types. It could be that swirling particles from the asteroid field around it as ramming in to your ship like projectiles. I’m not denying the fact that this is a bit weird, but all damage types are kind of irrelevant to what causes them.

True, but effect field is very similar to Terramorphing station platform, which gives thermal damage!

True, but effect field is very similar to Terramorphing station platform, which gives thermal damage!

and what if the terramorfing station’s field is wrong and should be kinetic instead?

and what if the terramorfing station’s field is wrong and should be kinetic instead?

Well, if this is pressurized water (kinetic damage) in the field, it would make some sense.

Who knows. Maybe it should have grey damage (all 3 damage types).

reported this before, was told it wasn’t a bug for this particular thing. If it’s harvesting water then some form of kinetic impace ftom flying inside the field makes sense

Water jets are basically slamming on your ship. This should be kinetic, if not collision damage.

Water jets are basically slamming on your ship. This should be kinetic, if not collision damage.

Only Skula knows, but I already know what he will say. xD

Who damaged you? Where are logs?

[How to create bug reports](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/)