Warp Gates: The ship starts to dance - it rotates during warp transition!

Bug report: (Open Space - warp transition, before the loading screen)

What happened?

The ship starts to dance or it rotates during warp jump transition at warp-gates.

This issue is present on all ships, but most noticeable on smaller ones - Interceptors, especially if the ship entered the gate at high speed.

What should happen?

The ship should not rotate during warp gate jump transitioning. It should stay immobile - no dance.

How to replicate this bug:

• Use the Interceptor ship (speed of 600 or 700 m/s needed), other ships can also be used, but the issue is a bit harder to spot.

• Undock in Open Space, go to the nearest warp-gates.

• Observe the bug (dancing or rotating ship during the warp gate jump transitioning).

Screenshot: (not necessary)

Video: (available)

Logs: (provided)

[2018.02.15 23.47.45.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16150)

It just continues its rotation after you stop. This doesn’t affect the anything and I like the effect so I’d say keep it. Xp

34 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It just continues its rotation after you stop. This doesn’t affect the anything and I like the effect so I’d say keep it. Xp

That’s not supposed to happen. I think it has something to do with server transition. A few patches back it was normal. The ship was standing still, then the loading screen appeared.

35 minutes ago, Koromac said:

That’s not supposed to happen. I think it has something to do with server transition. A few patches back it was normal. The ship was standing still, then the loading screen appeared.

Exit in an ECM and bubble while maneuvering

what is that ring around your ship?

14 minutes ago, evo888 said:

what is that ring around your ship?

Spatial Scanner.

never buy it off sale its really not worth it.

Not a bug

On 2/16/2018 at 7:00 AM, Skula1975 said:

Not a bug

Strange.