Voice coms

my dad is a d***, he would never let me

Usually there is a reason for this and yes I am speaking from experience here.

He does not want me getting any reason to love a game. If it helps me get attached to a team in game, it is a no no.

It cannot hurt to ask.

This.

And there’s adults on teamspeak (GM’s even) to make sure you’re protected and all that.

Read my previous post

No risk of emotional attachment if I’m around on Teamspeak :wink:

hehe

It cannot hurt to ask.

If it’s my dad, it would literally hurt to ask. There’s an awful lot of truth behind the stereotypical ‘high-expectations Asian dad’.

He does not want me getting any reason to love a game. If it helps me get attached to a team in game, it is a no no.

Did you overextend your playing time before? usually parents restrict the computer use because first their children overextended with gaming, or had bad grades or such.

Of course, there is also the possibility that your father is a real xxxx.

You can try to negotiate with your father about the gaming time, prove him that you are not being “attached” to a game, and it is just a hobby.

I did, but it was also on a non parentaly locked ps3. There is a hard limit of the amount of time my gaming account can be used each day

I did, but it was also on a non parentaly locked ps3. There is a hard limit of the amount of time my gaming account can be used each day

Then I recommend you to fulfill your gaming time, and after some time, your father will allow you to install TS.

After you fucked up, you need to prove your parents you won’t do it again. And it will take time and effort. I was 16 also (long ago XD) and I also thought my parents were dicks, but after some time you will realized that maybe you were the xxxx, and they were trying to raise you as a functional adult.

Prove them wrong, respect your gaming time and never overextend again. That will do.

Heres the thing, its been 2 years, he says until i leave the house hes gonna keep it that way

Ask him if you can buy your own computer?

It is “my” computer

Not if you don’t control it.

There is plenty way to gain administrative control over a PC… Like pressing F8 before window start, selecting Safe Mode and then use the hidden deffault “Admin” account that window has in almost every version to create another account with administrative right. Or you could also burn an .ISO of a nice little program called “password remover” that will take care of any password under 2 minutes…

And I could go on and on and on… ^^

Its a mac

I cannot stress how wrong trying to go behind your parents’ backs is. Just follow his rules.

There is plenty way to gain administrative control over a PC… Like pressing F8 before window start, selecting Safe Mode and then use the hidden deffault “Admin” account that window has in almost every version to create another account with administrative right. Or you could also burn an .ISO of a nice little program called “password remover” that will take care of any password under 2 minutes…

And I could go on and on and on… ^^

Its a mac

:dntknw: 

Its a mac

Poor you then… :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I the only one who understands that OS X is based on unix and has a single user mode?!?!  :facepalm:

I had to use it repeatedly for my multiple motherboard failures that I had from my last mac.