Vigilant VS Tyrant

Due to future patch of Destroyer speed, I will grab something new destroyer in techtree.

At last, I could narrow down into 2 choices.

1. Vigilant

2. Tyrant

However, they have 1 super and 1 drawback of my play style.

My playstyle of Destroyer is kind of unique for some players.

I like fight in midium range, support allies just behind the front line, since I’m not good at aiming.

This causes one problem, many fighters or covert ops can easily come to me and circle me around, so I need something to deal with them.

1. Vigilant : Special module beam distructor, which damages targeted enemy and not only deals damage but also, drains enemies’ energy.

Remote minelayer, if you can predict enemies’ movement, you can set a trap and suprise them.

1. Tyrant : Special module Warp reflector almost same as beam distructor but only when you got damage 12500 and recharge shield of my destroyer.

From this aspect, it seems Vigilant > Tyrant

However, since, I fight in the almost front line, I need enough toughness for my destroyer and

that goes

Tyrant > Vigilant. ( No explanation needed)

I strived to choose one between Tyrant and Vigilant, so I need your help.

These are my other standards.

1. Speed : Not as fast as Sirius, but still needs some speed

2. High fire power ← of course, this assumes that both destroyer fitted in same build.

Warp Reflector is way stronger than the Beam Distrructor, mainly due to the fact that you will always deal the full damage, while with the Beam Distructor enemies can fly away and only get like 1-2k damage. Furthermore a Tyrant can repair itself way better than a Vigilant, so you can be useful without having a dedicated Engineer behind you and the Thermoactive weapon is probably the strongest weapon for close to mid range combat on a destroyer, nothing deals more damage. The Remote minelayer of the Vigilant is neat, but doesn’t really help to defend yourself, more for defending beacons or Allies.

All in all I would recommend a Tyrant over a Vigilant.

1 hour ago, John161 said:

Warp Reflector is way stronger than the Beam Distrructor, mainly due to the fact that you will always deal the full damage, while with the Beam Distructor enemies can fly away and only get like 1-2k damage. Furthermore a Tyrant can repair itself way better than a Vigilant, so you can be useful without having a dedicated Engineer behind you and the Thermoactive weapon is probably the strongest weapon for close to mid range combat on a destroyer, nothing deals more damage. The Remote minelayer of the Vigilant is neat, but doesn’t really help to defend yourself, more for defending beacons or Allies.

All in all I would recommend a Tyrant over a Vigilant.

Thank you!

Finally, I decided what to do!