Vigilant or Sirius

I just started playing Star Conflict again after over a year off and I the game seems to have changed significantly since I last played (destroyer nerfs, r17 ships, etc. etc.).  When I left off, I was collecting materials a r14 destroyer and I wanted to complete the project.  I was leaning toward making a Sirius but now I think I might make a Vigilant instead.  I’m leaning toward the Vigilant because it seems that with the damage boost that destroyers take when an enemy ship is in close range I would want to use a destroyer as more of a long range fighter.  I guess I’m wondering…  Is my assessment correct?  Is a Vigilant a better long range fighter?  Is the Sirius worth building?  I don’t see many Sirius’s in PvP and the few that I do see seem to be played as more of a mobile gunship.  I also noticed that they get killed pretty easily.  The Vigilant players seem to use the opposite strategy.  They stay out of range and when they do get into the thick of battle they seem to lay down gravity lens and wormhole out ASAP (I also noticed they seem to live longer).  I primarily play PvP (although some PvE capabilities might be nice).  What types of roles do people use the Sirius or the Vigilant for these days?  Any advice as to which I should use?  Thanks.

Vigilant is for PvP, Tyrant for PvE and Sirius for spec ops, but they work in all modes, it just depends on the playstyle and your skill level, as of now we don’t know about any balancing changes that would make them viable or at least give them a better incentive to be played, and their crafting method will get changed soon, so craft one now or wait and hope that the next system will be more simple.

1 minute ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Vigilant is for PvP, Tyrant for PvE and Sirius for spec ops, but they work in all modes, it just depends on the playstyle and your skill level, as of now we don’t know about any balancing changes that would make them viable or at least give them a better incentive to be played, and their crafting method will get changed soon, so craft one now or wait and hope that the next system will be more simple.

So far Tyrants are the most dominant r14 destroyers in PvP.

I agree with not Thunder on crafting, dessies are very situational and it requires some experience to properly judge when that situation has arrived. On top of that, after constructing a Destroyer you have to equip it and that is a whole new farm on its own.

I think, atm, it is better to not settle in what exactly you want to build, don’t rush into it, get a better feel of what is better for you, especially since Vigilant and Sirius are polarly different in gameplay, and a lot of crafting recipes are about to change.

Read this: 

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I’ve decided it is best to wait.  That post that you linked to makes me think I should dump my electrum, neodium, and berylium ASAP.

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

especially since Vigilant and Sirius are polarly different in gameplay

What are the different playing styles for these destroyers?

Just now, yarrow2 said:

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I’ve decided it is best to wait.  That post that you linked to makes me think I should dump my electrum, neodium, and berylium ASAP.

What are the different playing styles for these destroyers?

Vigilant = get a position, fortify (F module, can’t remember the name that gives you extra range and dmg) shoot without moving

While Sirius is constantly moving and rotating, something like this:

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Vigilant = get a position, fortify (F module, can’t remember the name that gives you extra range and dmg) shoot without moving

Spatial Stabilizer? It was nerfed, but it still works if you really want some extra edge on the battlefield, I did forget to specify that Tyrant dominates PvP solely because of the Warp-reflector which can easily kill small ships such as Tai’Kin, and the Thermoreactive weapon which has high DPS, other than that its mostly a sitting duck.

Dont forget that a Tyrant is able to both regenerate effectively and install static shields. Tyrants also dont require you to invest any modifier slot for energy, since you can use r7 bottom crew.

Tyrant is however down one active slot, since the multiphase shield is mandatory.

All destroyers are expensive cannon fodder, especially if you fail to maintain a certain distance. Vigilant can work around this with pure range with lasers, but you will lose hull without effective regeneration constantly. Vigilant is additionally a pure, stationary ‘point and click’ ship, which is a bit boring to some.

Sirius can be equipped with high velocity mid range coilguns, which, coupled with its mobility, turns it into a great suppression ship, that is also harder to get to. Mesons for closer range are very powerful on this ship aswell.

Tyrant can use high velocity thermoreactive weapon, which is much deadlier than the coilgun. You wont be suspectable to constant chip damage, but besides the warp reflector, you will have a harder time to fend off close range attacks. You are also down on mobility.