Vanguard Outpost Bug

Last night, 2 nasa wings fought each other and left the radix wing without an enemy. 

no logs needed. 

Attack on the sector is a 2 step process

Step one Depleting Defence points:

• Each wing registered(i.e.) showed up and not countered by defence wings (defence must win) WILL DO 10% dmg to location defence counter. (In this case we had 2 wings showed up, you had a wing showed up total 30% dmg done to the location)

• If defence doesn’t show up offence wings get matched against each other to determine who is going to fight for control in stage 2, since there were only 3 wings, thanks to gods of Random we had NASA wing vs NASA wing, while you advanced without battles. I hope i will not surprise you, but NASA wing won and advanced into stage 2.

Stage 2 (only if location is at 0% defence points)

• Whoever won in stage 1 advances here and new ladder is formed

wing put against each other to fight and depending on the size this can get up to 2 more sub stages (half-finals - > or finals right away). In our case ladder was formed, we were put against each other in a ladder,

• we registered for the fight

• you have disconnected from the game

• RadiX did not show up

• we had no opponent

• we got sector granted to us.

I.E. no bug, that is you not willing to try to understand or even take 1 extra step to search for info you think you are missing on how things work.

Attack on the sector is a 2 step process

Step one Depleting Defence points:

• Each wing registered(i.e.) showed up and not countered by defence wings (defence must win) WILL DO 10% dmg to location defence counter. (In this case we had 2 wings showed up, you had a wing showed up total 30% dmg done to the location)

• If defence doesn’t show up offence wings get matched against each other to determine who is going to fight for control in stage 2, since there were only 3 wings, thanks to gods of Random we had NASA wing vs NASA wing, while you advanced without battles. I hope i will not surprise you, but NASA wing won and advanced into stage 2.

Stage 2 (only if location is at 0% defence points)

• Whoever won in stage 1 advances here and new ladder is formed

wing put against each other to fight and depending on the size this can get up to 2 more sub stages (half-finals - > or finals right away). In our case ladder was formed, we were put against each other in a ladder,

• we registered for the fight

• you have disconnected from the game

• RadiX did not show up

• we had no opponent

• we got sector granted to us.

I.E. no bug, that is you not willing to try to understand or even take 1 extra step to search for info you think you are missing on how things work.

isn’t it a bug if NASA wings fight NASA wings? 

Also, after we finished, it said we were done and there was nothing else to register for. It said, “No enemies”

Yes, no enemies, for STAGE 1, because we fought each other (NASA vs NASA), and no it is not a bug.

In order to get next enemy you had to register again, you must register your wing EVERY NEXT STAGE.

There is small time out with a counter at the bottom of the UI saying when is next stage starts, in this mid time you can re-equip ships, change members in a wing, w/e.When times come you gotta register again.

Yes, no enemies, for STAGE 1, because we fought each other (NASA vs NASA), and no it is not a bug.

This defies all logic. The same corp should not face itself when attacking a sector. Firstly, how can one corp have 2 dreads to do this? Secondly, why is this even necessary? If there isn’t a defense force, but there is another attack force, the first wing registered from your corp should face that other corp’s attack force. Then if the other corp’s attack force wins, it faces the other remaining attack force from your corp, but if your corp’s first attack force wins, you get the sector.

So what if that is slightly unfair. Any corp with enough active pilots can register 4 wings to attack. It will only persuade corps to get more active T3 pilots to help with dread battles, after all, it is only logical that sending more wings to a sector should increase your likelihood of taking the sector.

yes so the real bug here is that 2 wings from the same corp can fight each other. edited the original post. 

Stop looking for logic in videogames. There is even a lore behind this, but w/e.

The MM server crashed tonight. 

okey. :wink:

perhaps new hosts are in order? It seems that you spend countless hours trying to fix servers when it would be better to just get them professionally hosted.