Urgent attention needed: exploit

Game Modes
Combat Recon
Team captain is now invulnerable for the first 90 seconds
Any pilot is guaranteed to get into battle

so after this patch, which for all reasons has good intentions, now it is possible for squads(or anyone) that have 1 player as captain to rush and abuse this invulnerability. i just had a match where 4 players from a certain clan(no names will be mentioned) rushed and spawncamped (sadly) my team. nothing could be done cause their cap was a covops with invulnerability and damage buff, so he was shredding our ships unpunished. of course as soon as the invulnerability was to wear off he bailed, netting his team 8 kill to 0 and the position to keep spawn camping us. please revisit the system(problems begin when you try to add players dynamically). for one you should start a match at least as 4v4 and if the cap is dead, you cant add ANY people to the game and it is considered closed. all that is super easy to implement :wink:

best regards

I agree, though I think a 30 second inv. is much more reasonable, as it disallows fast captains to rush.  I’d like to see players be able to join only if the captain is at full health, that would provide an interesting dynamic. 

i would go as far as disable the captains weapons while invulnerable if the devs do not want to change anything else.

Or simply apply a damage-reduction factor to the captain for the duration. This way he won’t be insta-killed, but will still be able to be damaged. Something like 50%-75% damage reduction would be fine.

Or, give him the damage buff -after- the invulnerability wears off, so he’s essentially just a normal player.

60 seconds is enough, gives the team enough time to get into position but not so much they can push all the way to the spawn.

The problem with removing invulnerability beforehand is that pub captains will blindly push on their invulnerability and then get killed. Captains should be at the back of the team, not the front. Perhaps if there was a ‘protective zone’ or a radius from the spawn area where the captain had their invulnerability (for the limited time as exists)?

We are aware of this issue, thanks.

Captains should be at the back of the team, not the front. 

Why? I mean some people play this way, some people choose another, captain is a leader, and leader can lead his troops into battle.

60 seconds is enough, gives the team enough time to get into position but not so much they can push all the way to the spawn.

Perhaps if there was a ‘protective zone’ or a radius from the spawn area where the captain had their invulnerability (for the limited time as exists)?

Thinking about it.

Why? I mean some people play this way, some people choose another, captain is a leader, and leader can lead his troops into battle.

This. I have seen many captains take the lead, I try and do it too. Just don’t overextend and pull back when needed.

Anyway, what if the Captain only gets invulnerability when they are within 1k of his team mates, at least then if they try to spawn camp you just take out the other players nearby and then you can attack the captain. Or mix it up a bit and have the protective zone at spawn too, but as soon as the captain leaves that area the above applies.

Only problem is that removes a valid tactic, early captain kill, though until we get more players we need to make some compromises, and faster games is better than staring at the hanger.

speaking of pub captains im using regularly the tactic of rushing to enemy cap and shooting at him with no dmg pretending im dumb … he gets me low then i run to my allies. usually they take the bais and chase me, only to have their dp drop while near my team. guess what, they plop in seconds ^^.

Why we don’t let the captain die and respawn in the first 90sec? and if the cap die it acounts as 2 or 3?

its indeed ridiculous, easy to abuse mistake, 90 seconds!! this was easy to predict. Only good solution seems to me, as been said by many before, prevent people from joining a match with a dead captain and dont start combat recon matches before you got a 4 vs 4. Even at 60 seconds i would be able to kill the entire enemy team and run safely back.

Alternative solution, if cap uses weapons he loses his vulnerablility. At first i thought this was how it worked, i was amazed when i was first shot by a indestructable captain.

You know what’s going to happen after they change it…people that don’t read the patch notes will now rush in assuming 90s invulnerability and get themselves blown up…and the caht will rage! XD

You know what’s going to happen after they change it…people that don’t read the patch notes will now rush in assuming 90s invulnerability and get themselves blown up…and the caht will rage! XD

you know that pop up everyone skips when they log in? it tells you all news and patch notes. if ppl are lazy, they will suffer, its life :slight_smile:

Only good solution seems to me, as been said by many before, prevent people from joining a match with a dead captain and dont start combat recon matches before you got a 4 vs 4.

This solution sounds good, but there are a lot of not very obvious drawbacks in it.

Alternative solution, if cap uses weapons he loses his vulnerablility. At first i thought this was how it worked, i was amazed when i was first shot by a indestructable captain.

This one sounds not so good, cause it will return the situation with “already dead captain” 

Another thing.

If there is for example, a 2vs2 (Squad vs. Squad), you become Captain and you just disconnect… Your team mate becomes captain, and he receives the invulerability about 30 seconds after the enemy captain if he doesn’t do the same, which means you can basically kill the enemy team entirely + the enemy cap and they don’t even stay a chance. People did that against me and it was worst exploit ever.

The solution is simple as hell, make the captain invulnerable, but prevent him from using his main weapons during that time.

I think they should be allowed to use weapons but make their damage -50% of normal damage, then give them back the +75% once invincible wears off. This way they can still help if people try to come camp the team, but going to the enemy spawn will be reconsidered due to the low damage which you can avoid or heal.

Another thing.

If there is for example, a 2vs2 (Squad vs. Squad), you become Captain and you just disconnect… Your team mate becomes captain, and he receives the invulerability about 30 seconds after the enemy captain if he doesn’t do the same, which means you can basically kill the enemy team entirely + the enemy cap and they don’t even stay a chance. People did that against me and it was worst exploit ever.

The solution is simple as hell, make the captain invulnerable, but prevent him from using his main weapons during that time.

Thank you, we are already aware of it.

This solution sounds good, but there are a lot of not very obvious drawbacks in it.

This one sounds not so good, cause it will return the situation with “already dead captain” 

only if you assume that the player being cap knowingly removes his protection by shooting, it would work like certain of the active mods already in game like camouflage. People will get used to it, will know if they read patch notes, or will learn. The cap is safe for 90 seconds but can decide to remove protection to fight if the moment is right. This doesnt seem such a weird solution

lol but it’s so fun to go fed gunship and completely destroy the enemy team while invinsible :D 

I think they should be allowed to use weapons but make their damage -50% of normal damage, then give them back the +75% once invincible wears off. This way they can still help if people try to come camp the team, but going to the enemy spawn will be reconsidered due to the low damage which you can avoid or heal.

both captains would have their main weapons disabled unless they choose to attack, there is no need to let them do damage because both caps cant do damage, so the match is stil very much in balance. No reason they need to help people.