"updating prices... " resets whatever you were doing

I’d be assigning ships to contract or doing something else when this ridiculous “updating prices…” popup shows up and i’m back to square one. Please fix this

yes, between that and all spams about “x bought x ship” in chats it’s very ennoying

24 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

yes, between that and all spams about “x bought x ship” in chats it’s very ennoying

Omg that’s the stupidest thing. I’ve only ever lost progress from a price update is when it reset in the middle of a tharga rebuild. Other than that it’s just annoying when it closes your module list or shop.

16 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

108542693.gif

![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”) 

This is of topic, but this is great.

I’m still laughing.

Thumb up for it.

14 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Omg that’s the stupidest thing. I’ve only ever lost progress from a price update is when it reset in the middle of a tharga rebuild. Other than that it’s just annoying when it closes your module list or shop.

What about when you’re building something or selling, then your interface resets and you accidentally sell a wrong item?!

7 minutes ago, Koromac said:

What about when you’re building something or selling, then your interface resets and you accidentally sell a wrong item?!

Not just that. Same thing happens when paying for bundles. You select a bundle, refreshing sets it to whatever is on the top left corner, and if you continue without realizing then you lose GS.  

i think the main problem is the update using an overlay to inform the user

• it is totally unimportant for the user in this case to be informed of every background call, a small indicator somewhere in the trade window would suffice
  • even if the price update affects ui elements, as long as you are not viewing the market, it could be made unintrusive
  • even if you would use a blocking call in this case for whatever crazy reason, using a full screen black overlay for a few microseconds helps no one

thank you terrorblade for creating the thread. guys, this is really a nobrainer, dont dillute it with other issues, it’s equally bad for everyone, even if the black screen would not interfere, it would be - but it does so its even worse.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

i think the main problem is the update using an overlay to inform the user

• it is totally unimportant for the user in this case to be informed of every background call, a small indicator somewhere in the trade window would suffice
  • even if the price update affects ui elements, as long as you are not viewing the market, it could be made unintrusive
  • even if you would use a blocking call in this case for whatever crazy reason, using a full screen black overlay for a few microseconds helps no one

thank you terrorblade for creating the thread. guys, this is really a nobrainer, dont dillute it with other issues, it’s equally bad for everyone, even if the black screen would not interfere, it would be - but it does so its even worse.

You know what the sad point is? It will most likely never be addressed.

what ‘updating prices’?

yes - sometimes the window is refreshing and I am to go from start - but what you mean ‘updating prices’? never saw that

7 hours ago, avarshina said:

yes - sometimes the window is refreshing and I am to go from start

That is really annoying.

It would be nice if devs repair this it will improve game. 

Also small things make life better or oposite like in this case where this small thing is very annoying.

7 hours ago, avarshina said:

• but what you mean ‘updating prices’? never saw that

When prices in trade are updating. Because something is not done good we get this major bug. 

13 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

When prices in trade are updating. Because something is not done good we get this major bug. 

I can tell you this much. It’s not a bug. It’s got its purpose. However, this should get addressed properly.