"Unique" module change why

Why did you change the special ship modules to “Unique” status? This destroys basically all of the “special” ships like Stingray and Brokk etc, as well as many others.

I propose that you take one of two routes with this change:

1: Leave the new “unique” status on the weapons and modules, but increase the unique module limit to 5.

2: Remove the “unique” status from the weapons ans modules that previously did not have it.

9 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Why did you change the special ship modules to “Unique” status? This destroys basically all of the “special” ships like Stingray and Brokk etc, as well as many others.

1: Leave the new “unique” status on the weapons and modules, but increase the unique module limit to 5.

2: Remove the “unique” status from the weapons ans modules that previously did not have it.

agreed on both counts

I can agree as to the raise of the unique module limit to 5 as 3 is extremely limiting when setting up a build on a premium ship, but should this happen then the modules which were turned into unique modules may as well stay as they are now since the limit would allow for you to keep them in your build and have some room left for flexibility.

3 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I can agree as to the raise of the unique module limit to 5 as 3 is extremely limiting when setting up a build on a premium ship, but should this happen then the modules which were turned into unique modules may as well stay as they are now since the limit would allow for you to keep them in your build and have some room left for flexibility.

I know why hey do it though on standard premiums. Bc if it was more, they’d DEFINITELY be P2W. But special premium ships that you have to work for deserve to be able to use their special equipment without malus.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I know why hey do it though on standard premiums. Bc if it was more, they’d DEFINITELY be P2W. But special premium ships that you have to work for deserve to be able to use their special equipment without malus.

No

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

I suppose that is true, but with the removal of star marathon missions Stingray, Brokk, Karud, etc. might as well be fully fledged premium ships given how much work you’d have to put into grinding to obtain the parts to get them now.

Some ships are pretty powerful as they are with their unique modules such as Nigthingale and Reaper, but adding the class uniques might be too much, raising the limit won’t have much of a point on standards since few of them can get to have 3 modules, so having premiums use more modules would make them p2w, and we don’t want that now do we?

Sometimes i think the phrase p2w has been used so much that it lost its meaning… 

I think that ships like Brokk, Nightingale, Stingray etc should be able to take the new modules without having to sacrifice the special modules that they already have. Yes the ships themselves are hard to get but the containers for em go on sale regularly and you can get parts for them from events (like right now). On a normal premium it makes sense to have the 3 mod limit but now on buildable premiums it makes little sense. 

thats a good change. the premium ships already have an advantage of having better specialized stats than normal ships. on top of that they have access to all new unique modules which further boosts their lead compared to normal ships which mostly have 1-2 or in few cases 3 uniques available. the patch is probably aimed at said premiums having way too strong combinations - stingray is stupidly hard to kill unless someone dedicated a tackler for that purpose and we all know about loki … anyways maybe engies are next to get their modules and this is aimed in the future as well. anyways good patch ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, ComradeJedus said:

I think that ships like Brokk, Nightingale, Stingray etc should be able to take the new modules without having to sacrifice the special modules that they already have. Yes the ships themselves are hard to get but the containers for em go on sale regularly and you can get parts for them from events (like right now). On a normal premium it makes sense to have the 3 mod limit but now on buildable premiums it makes little sense. 

Mhmmmm

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Why do you suggest that? This seems to be an intended nerf - not?

35 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Why do you suggest that? This seems to be an intended nerf - not?

This is an intended nerf yes.

A very annoying nerf.

Makes drone marker and entropy generator and module cooler and avalanche projector etc all take up a “unique” module slot. Makes special ships a lot less special.

1 hour ago, Voydwalker said:

the premium ships already have an advantage of having better specialized stats than normal ships

errr… what?

2 minutes ago, g4borg said:

errr… what?

Exactly. What?

Premium ships are just copypasta of standard ships.

yeah standard premiums may have different layouts - and in t3, some of the more meta layouts were golden, long ago, but that changed with the addition of passive slots anyway.

they have a big upside now, as they can mix uniques.

i actually found it funny, that in the first played game my stingray was normal, and in the second, i missed a module and my weapon, even tho my weapon was bubbles.

i am not sure if i dislike the change that much, it kinda makes sense, 5 would be too much, but i would say, increasing to 4 might be nice, since, who says they wont add uniques later down the line?

but of course it would make more sense, if (non elly) craftables would also get access to modules, like GS ships.

tbh. since usually in every role there are just a handful of really powerful modules however, i guess limiting it to 3 is kinda also okay with the current choice sets.

7 minutes ago, g4borg said:

…increasing to 4 might be nice, since, who says they wont add uniques later down the line? …

yes what I thought, initially, but it seems to be intended to nerf the respect. ships by that patch…

7 minutes ago, g4borg said:

… of course it would make more sense, if (non elly) craftables would also get access to modules, like GS ships.

absolutely!!! but we do not know what they intend the role to be for the special project (craftables) ships - we can but speculate and hope them spec projects get some decent rework too later – and also think of the craftable destroyers situation…

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

but we do not know what they intend the role to be for the special project (craftables) ships

What do you mean by this?

the peregrine is a Covert Ops. The Ronin is a Guard. The Meowmeow is a Gunship.

We already know their roles.

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

and also think of the craftable destroyers situation…

All destroyers are crafted.

And I’m still waiting on a legit re-work for them. They are less durable than most frigates now, just with slow modules.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The Meowmeow is a Gunship.

We already know their roles.

Now I have to clean my monitor and keyboard from the spilled coffee. Laughed hard!