UMC Amnesty Discussion

Unbelievable !

Let’s se, Dark Orbit had an value of about 600 Mio (i dont know wether EUR or Dollar). They allowed cheaters to play, every Non-Cheater was fucked.

A few years later, Dark Orbit was dead, and sold for 80 Mio.

Do the math, this is 13% of the value before they decided to do nothing against cheaters.

So if you want to kill this game, you are on the very right way !

There are so many things that SC could make better, but there is also no interest…your own fault SC.

By how some game “mechanics” are,cheatcodes are pretty much useless,imagine using an aimbot on flux phaser…

I’m starting to be a little bit paranoid too, cuz I’ve never saw or heard about cheats in this game, so I was like ,finally game without cheats!" but now when I see so many posts about cheaters… I’m playing this game since 1.1. 2015 and since then, I’ve never played with, against or heard about the people with for examle aimbot or stuff like that… Now I don’t want to look like someone who’s guarding cheaters or something like that, honestly I hate them, but I’m loving this game (even though my PC is currently broken) And I’m pretty good at this game and now when I’ll be buying new better PC, my performance will get even better (at least I hope so, I’d like to repair my stats) but I had some problems with few guys and they were like ,you freaking cheater uninstall this game" or like ,ok reported for cheats" and I was playing in 20-30 FPS and with micro-lags, now when I’ll get at least a little bit better, what will happen, will I get permanent ban for being good?! I’m afraid of reproting ,Aces" right now…

We declared amnesty because Ingame Rules have changed recently. Everyone deserves a chance to redemption and that’s good to give a hand to these guys one time. But If some violations will happen again we will take actions. According to the new rules, this time things may be harder. 

Does this also mean no more blacklist?  You know, the one you guys have that, 80%+ of the time, puts good pilots on teams that are destined to lose.

Just fix the matchmaker.  93% of battles are epic landslides.  Only about 7% of battles have any semblance of balance.

Also, can you mention what rules changed?

39 minutes ago, kaiju said:

Those ones: 

http://star-conflict.com/en/b/gamerules

1 hour ago, kaiju said:

Does this also mean no more blacklist?  You know, the one you guys have that, 80%+ of the time, puts good pilots on teams that are destined to lose.

Just fix the matchmaker.  93% of battles are epic landslides.  Only about 7% of battles have any semblance of balance.

…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…ecm…

6 hours ago, RennieAshII said:

Not sure where the “miss target cheat” would come from, but I do notice that my shots  miss when aimed at circle if target is close. Probably internet and other issues though. As for aim bots, can you really prevent them all?

probably you aint touching the circle…and with high ping that means your shot will go way behind, completely missing. Try recording and then looking it closely at slow motion perhaps (take into account the delay between the click and shot).

8 minutes ago, Papitas said:

probably you aint touching the circle…and with high ping that means your shot will go way behind, completely missing. Try recording and then looking it closely at slow motion perhaps (take into account the delay between the click and shot).

Sometimes it makes the shot less effective, because of such “cheat” affecting coordinates of the shot. Like Gauss Cannon or shrapnel, that mostly miss or hits, to deal only partial damage, etc.

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

Sometimes it makes the shot less effective, because of such “cheat” affecting coordinates of the shot. Like Gauss Cannon or shrapnel, that mostly miss or hits, to deal only partial damage, etc.

Im sorry idk what you are saying. Getting a partial hit is easy to happen since some targets are really small and move too fast (and we are covering large distances). The lead marker aims at the center of the ship, which is often not the best to ensure a hit (if you see a target moving foward, better aim at the front instead of the center). Ive never see a single cheater in SC. The only person i suspected to cheat was Iminyourbase and macoff but apparently they were simply that good using lasers. I have a crappy ping and even so i dont feel cheated by “incorrect aiming”. I tend to rely more on lasers to prevent such handicap in close quarters but even with decent aiming skills i miss a lot: this happens to me vs players or bots in the same amount. BTW, aiming is already server side (reason why its so bad with high ping), movent is server side as well (you have camera effects simulating you move instantly, but you dont), reason why you get the delay and the silly wobble. Try getting 300 ping and experiment in all the possible ways.

9 hours ago, Koromac said:

There is a lot of complaints or legitimate concerns, that some people are actually using some sort of tools, which greatly improves their aim or accuracy, that increase their performance.

• accuracy is near, if not always 100% (aim-bot) and it can be turned it off and on at any time (confirmed)

I remember in game not so long ago you implied that i was doing this and you were wrong. So i doubt that anything has been confirmed. Only real cheating I have ever seen has been the autobots that float out and shoot at rock or space, not effective at what they doing and they usually quickly stopped.

Most reports are probably garbage and there will likely be more reported players for a while. So if the ‘cheaters go WILD!’ theory is correct then it will take a while to catch them all again. Amnesty is at least a chance for interested players to come back if they wanted. But hardly in the kinds of numbers where the game is full of cheaters or are a big chance to the game population.

A pardon Is a nice thing. Why cant we have nice things?

It is still possible to create “Aim Bot” or rather improved aim assist in SC client side, and multiple people have been perma banned for using such utility. Due to the nature of SC such Aim Bots always use Lazers for most effect and final result was pretty much the same as original A1MA

I really dont like cheating and before I was in honestly mind that cheats was useless for this game, but as I see some people just must have it, because they aim as grandmas…

BTW usually when I play with russian players, my ping goes to insane number, so my default server is set to USA, what means 5x longer wait time for battle, but I still meets RU ones with “any region” option checked and I heard from some players, that they has same problem, is it cheat or CBP (RU CIA) work?

1 hour ago, Horten_IX said:

BTW usually when I play with russian players, my ping goes to insane number, so my default server is set to USA, what means 5x longer wait time for battle, but I still meets RU ones with “any region” option checked and I heard from some players, that they has same problem, is it cheat or CBP (RU CIA) work?

The MM ignores your server preferences after 3 mins I think… can someone verify please, I kinda don’t trust myself in saying that.

Don´t know the time but yes, it´s just a preference and not a guarantee to get there.

dumbest idea ever… 

CLOWN.gif.72ed65fe6eebb90c369adcf417216f44.gif

Has it been 7 years already? I see the fears and the potential, I choose to welcome the potential.

Hey, I dunno, I also look forward seeing some of the really entertaining people again.

Uuh, mary.

Of course, for cheaters, I would keep a close eye on them. So I don’t see all of this as so bad.