U.N.P.L.A.Y.A.B.L.E

It’s been sometimes i play this game and i reach a point where everything is unplayable.
i am one of the best pleayer of my corp - and N°1 pve of my corp. 17k pilot.
And i am a video game designer. So i speak because i am piss off about your choices.

Playing pve/ai/open space are simply painful and give no fun anymore.
impossible to win anything with ship lvl 11 everything is made to buy replicator and no one us it 

because we need it for open space, this beautiful open space so badly balanced with enemies who one shoot you, almost no drone to send our loots and where the xp and the loots are simply deep crap.
The loots don’t gives you enough money to cover the docking. Even with spatial scanner. 
Take 3h to get a maximum of 20k xp and poorly 3 millions. 
IT’S TOTALY USLESS - NOT FUN  hide always hide, tiny cargo bay, 2 tones of craps, no xp
ARE YOU CRAZY ?

i don’t understand the point to do a video game where reaching a good lvl you can’t have fun anymore. buy premium ship ? same problem.    Transfer synegy ? same problem.

And now, we need to farm in loop lvl 8 and lvl 11 for destroyers. Ok… IF your game is fun.
so what we have here are players using full syn ships same as destroyers for farming materials do build Destroyers…  huuu huuu  STUPID CHOICE EVER !   All the player farm in loop the same lvl and YOU CAN’T XP ANYMORE because your ship are already at max and if you have a ship lvl 8 r1 you are so dead.  And at lvl 11 it’s a nightmare.

ATM when i open the game normaly i play 5-6 hours in a raw. now i play maximum 1h and i quit because it’s simply a pain in the xxxx and have no point. I can’t xp with my ships and even i can, i don’t see the point to be eradicate in 50 seconds.

Lost of time, lost of money. I don’t put anymore money inside a game i have no fun to play because for mystical reason the devs decided to do xxxx. I just read 200 comments of players who “kill” this game on steam. I understand why and i agree. 

Normaly :
-A good online game listen players, apparently you decide “what is good for star conflict” what a joke.
it’s just an another way to say : we don’t care, you are not happy leave. so good news, i leave.
You just loose a player who can put money inside your game. I hope you are happy.

ABSOLUTE RULES IN EVERY VIDEO GAME :
-When you reach power you are powerful !!! In star conflict i have the feeling to be a deep xxxx.
It’s exactly the oposite of what a good game need to do.  I have more fun playing lvl 2 than lvl 14  it’s totaly STUPID !

Of course you can say :  With a good group, organized and a good ship you can do it …
it’s bullshit, 90% of the players don’t have time to organise anything and just want to have fun.
They don’t care about this kind of choices THEY WANT FUN because It’s not a second job, it’s just a game. Games = fun / here = PAIN.

So SC his a very bad game after all because it’s simply impossible to have any fun when you are crush like xxxx by bots in PVE/AI/OS. 

Best regards to the game designer of this game, you just made a beautiful game
with 200% of nonsense and totaly unplayable at High lvl.

Go learn THE BASICS of what is GOOD and FUN gameplay.

Do not sound like an adult game designer, not buying it.

Do not sound like an adult game designer, not buying it.

you don’t have to be adult for that.

still a fun read. can’t say i disagree with everything either.

however once it wasn’t really a cool thing to be, but nowadays, everybody seems to be a game designer, being able to code a few hello worlds and stacking a few rules together in udk seems to be just enough programming experience to call yourself a video game designer aswell, if you really are too lazy to even to do boardgames, university or any kind of actual labour besides theories;

so i can also understand, why bringing up that point in such a ragy thread makes it even less credible to some ears.

i whish i was a game designer already.

wile reading that, I have actually stopped for a while at the first caps section… It is true, that I don’t get why we have so tiny cargo base… now that loot has been nerfed a lot, why can’t you just go to open space, be there for like 5 hours, get like 100 fuel sensors, and sell all the stuff? the grind is not about having to get all the things which takes long time, it is that you have to either find a drone, or get to the station… Right we have the extended cargo, but it extends the cargo just only by 3 slots… like what is that?! its still too low. And this whole mysterious package thing should not even be in the game in the first place. It forces the player to buy spatial scanner. It should be a part of normal loot, sometimes you get crap, sometimes a T5 blueprint. To be honest, I don’t really see any problem with this. It wouldn’t brake the economy at all, in fact, this would take the same ammout of time and even bring more ppl to open space?! I mean, what is the point of going to os not counting killing, monos and being killed? There is none. 

Other stuff is just plain text of myths about this game…

Poor english and grammar aside, point is, game desing choices ARE BAD. SC is walking a strange path.

U right my friend. SC is going a strange path & many players left coz of it.

What are the chances, we have so many video game designers playing this game. Kewl

Uhmari will be proud

this beautiful open space so badly balanced with enemies who one shoot you

I gotta admit, that gave me a good chuckle, 10/10 post bud enemies who can shoot you in a video game…lots of the things have been heard before and will be in the future, devs can’t do all our requests and most likely won’t make us all happy with their updates, still made my day with that line :005j:

SC is walking a strange path.

New paths sometimes seem to be strange or wrong for others. We’re going to the completly new and awesome features, and there have to be first steps.

Ha ha, OK. You seem preaty upset, but think of something. When you play PvE, and lose, do you think that the other team lost too? Couse saying “wining T4 is imposibble”, is crap. So who beated you when you lost? Think of that.

Tl;dr

“I cant win, cause i sux, but that is tottaly games fault”

New paths sometimes seem to be strange or wrong for others. We’re going to the completly new and awesome features, and there have to be first steps.

This sound like a taxman… ‘We only increase your tax because of reforms we will do saving you money as we end equal’. What those reforms are about: ‘When they come’…

Just an example:

50% trashloot in mineralloots

50% real resources in mineralloots

Now two changes:

1. We double the resourcerequirement

2. We get rid of the 50% trashloot in mineralloots

If you only see 1) change, you will likely have a bad feeling. But if you know/got explained that 2) change come too, it’s a total different picture you can draw.

Promises are easy made, but without having them patched in or even knowing what they are exactly they are bursting bubbles…

On a subject. 

Yeah, Star Conflict is not an easy game, it’s hard to master. I can recommend you to watch some of our educational videos, information there is quite usefull https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlUJMQ4nQAn-pe7hWhA4kQbhrXGgclIO6

Also check out guide section on the forum, there’s a lot learn and a lot to be discovered https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/forum/234-guides/

On a subject.

Yeah, Star Conflict is not an easy game, it’s hard to master. I can recommend you to watch some of our educational videos, information there is quite usefull

Also check out guide section on the forum, there’s a lot learn and a lot to be discovered https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/forum/234-guides/

Not easy? I find it easy, while different from X-series of the weapon handling, it was similiar.

Remind me of FPS games, just with spaceships. o.o

Also, now we have a sex ed video too.  :fed015:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27812-videos-wanted/?p=360450](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27812-videos-wanted/?p=360450)

believe me, many of us have a good idea what paths were wrong, before you walked them; it is not us, who are the others.

SC still has a high reputation for what it already had 3 years ago: the base gameplay is fluid, you solved the issue with small ships being balanced in (which is harder than balancing large ships), and it is fast and without major gamebreaking bugs.

It was not the first game trying this, but you were the first who actually succeeded. Congratulations.

But…

Please accept, that the critiques about missing game design experience are rather obvious, yes.

No, it’s not just subjective. It is pretty clear, especially if someone actually is a student of that topic, that SC also hits the “uh oh, you dont wanna do that” area of game design regularly. Where players who actually play a lot of games, and even have some background knowledge quickly see missing experience, and dont see any future in the title after 2-3 hours.

But, I think, those who actually see those things, are rather silent most of the time. After all, sometimes if it didnt work out, you realized it yourselfes, and the secret Game Design Pro Fanclub watching you from the shadows had just some nice laughs at a hidden dinner party. Jokin.

That’s the biggest problem, you got your fanbase of loyalists, but the truly “played games” players just run past the title.

Because they like to play a game rather more hardcore to get better, but less to unlock stuff.

The base mechanics of the game are awesome. The Aesthetics and Dynamics are really well cared for.

But it’s development is also disconnected from the actual gameplay. It tries to sell itself for a grind mmo, where it is actually just a good arcade shooter.

therefore actually going for the wrong audience (skill/team based game tries to get casual farming players is a mistake)

You might not believe that, but it may be one of the major reasons, why so many Uhmaris liked to stay around here. It feels like you could need the coaching, especially for coaches who like to teach before they learn.

In fact, I learned a lot of “what not to do”, or “what to look out for”, just by being in this community since it started international beta.

Might sound insulting, but it isn’t meant like that. You sometimes made honest mistakes, as a team, and people were forgiving. Well, until you set up an 80’s style PR out how great everything is, which basicly was the “yet another mistake”.

Space games are getting more and more interest. Team based games getting more and more interest. Mixed team games with many players getting more and more interest. Matchmaking Systems get more and more interest. All games try to increase the team sizes, try to make it possible for 4-player, even 6-player teams to regularly play (Survival Of The Fittest)

And still SC’s population is dwindling, and you act, as if we need more pve, more goals, less teamplay and transparence, etc. 

the game idea is not at fault, since its just as good as it was, it is clearly how you handle it.

Not you personally Cinnamon. Sorry, I actually hope, you can stand up to your collegues and present them with feedback, and your job isnt just to calm the crowd.

it gets further and further to become a lollipop handout for children, dumbing down instead of accessibility, fishing people instead of targeting its audience. And then you stay there and tell how everything gets better.

Be glad we still care. Don’t be disappointed if we do not really trust in promises. But better not promise, and rather seek out dialogue and help.

And, you can see a lot of players who made these predictions in the first year of service. Just look at a few, like Snibs last comments in the forum.

And just to be clear, that guy and me werent exactly “good friends”, so I just show you, that these things are not out of the blue, and if even enemies agree to points, you should consider them…

Tl;dr

“I cant win, cause i sux, but that is tottaly games fault”

wait, first you read it then you added a TLDR?

doesnt make sense, there was no long post between your first and second post.

are you trolling mister? could that be?

btw. I agree to your critique about the critique.

Also, now we have a sex ed video too.  :fed015:

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27812-videos-wanted/?p=360450](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/27812-videos-wanted/?p=360450)

This is my favorite from now on. Waiting for more upcoming  :005j:

U.N.P.L.A.Y.A.B.L.E means… ?

post-256407-0-94818400-1460145282.jpg