Two questions regarding seed chips

I’ve returned from a couple years-long hiatus so the questions might be noobish but well, here goes;

(The latter is more of an observation/(bug?) anyways…)

I haven’t found any after an admittedly not very thorough forum search but is there a tool (or ingame key-combination) that can show me the effects my seed chipset has in the appropriate game modes? (Similar to pressing Ctrl for synergy effects?)

For the 2nd question/observation/(bug?) have a look at my EXcalibur’s seed chipset, notably the two balanced ones in the middle column. I’m fully aware that they’re sort of cancelling each other out but how in the world does that math ever add up? Instead of losing 55% hull according to the description I’m losing almost a whopping 7% on top of that, according to hangar and open space stats. And don’t get me started on the shield values, those are even more off. Even assuming the shield reduction chip has a display error and the 60.0 pts are actually a percentage value I should still *gain* shields instead of losing almost 37%.

I’m at a total loss here - if it helps I’ve numbered the chips in the order in which they are installed.

Thanks in advance!

chipset.jpg.055f612f83d788843801ed552ed1b73c.jpg

On 2/2/2021 at 8:55 PM, DukeGarland said:

I haven’t found any after an admittedly not very thorough forum search but is there a tool (or ingame key-combination) that can show me the effects my seed chipset has in the appropriate game modes? (Similar to pressing Ctrl for synergy effects?)

There is currently no way to see the results of seed chip calculation in game at all. So the only way to see results is via trial and error sadly.

As for the two balance chips there are two things I can mostly point out.

1. Yes the negative shield being stated as  points  is a description error - it is reducing the shown amount as a percentile.

2. The negative hull reduction seems to be roughly fine. Just based on mental math (so really loose and not double checking anything yet) it seems to check out since your base hull capacity is 6,161 and losing 55% from the negative.

I don’t really have much more to add as just about everything I know about seed chips is trial and error with “:balanced chips” seemingly being placed apart from grey chips in damage calculation (or I guess effect calculation is a more accurate term).

There are other players far more knowledgable than me on the topic but none of them use the forums actively.