Turret Movement

I’ve noticed in some videos such as the one below. That Frigs can fire in different directions then they are actually flying. I CANNOT for the life of me figure out how they are doing this.

I hold down the ctrl and can look around, however my turrets do not fire in the direction i am looking.

Am I missing something?

This is a Video out of closed Beta, btw anyone who made it and puplished it broke the NDA.

In this early state of game development all ships had 360 shot. This was a very gamebreaking state back there…

This got removed back in V0.4 or so.

I can understand not having a full 360 firing arc, but how about at least letting us use the full firing arc we currently have while in free look mode? Basically, let me still aim in free look but don’t turn my ship around.

This is a Video out of closed Beta, btw anyone who made it and puplished it broke the NDA.

In this early state of game development all ships had 360 shot. This was a very gamebreaking state back there…

This got removed back in V0.4 or so.

Thank you for the reply. I was looking through previous patch notes and didnt see anything relating to it, so i went ahead and asked.

Technically, you still do have excellent gun coverage and some ships are better then others.  The trick is to get your mouse way to the screen edge and your turrets will follow.  The problem is you may only get one or two turrets that can fire unobstructed.  But I do this allot in my fighter in a tight turn as one or two plasma hits from my tail turrets are better then no hits at all.

But really…I am not to keen on the design of the frigates.  they are all designed around fighting from a single top oriented angle instead of having fire that is oriented from a full 360 degree coverage.  Frigates are after all warships or much of the time capitol ships.  With angles and limits a frigate could have six gun coverage to the fore with two to four gun coverage on all other angles.  But I am not the designer so…