Traiding Board Guide

Introduction

With the new update in Star Conflict, we are introducing an addition to the trading system. Now there is no need to sit in trade chat, and you can fully commit yourself to battles in the fringe sectors. To do this, we offer all pilots to use the bulletin board for sale of in-game resources.

352305f4f6d78f2acbd0ff64584c.jpg

How to place an advert

Absolutely all products that can be traded between players can be found in the new trading window. So that you don’t have to search through a very wide variety of items, do not forget to use the item filter located on the right side of the window.You can also put a checkmark ‘ Owned ’, this will hide all items you don’t own.

4808f0007bb4828f598111fd4f58.jpg

Now every player who wants to sell an extra blueprint or resource can put it on the bulletin board. For this, 5 slots for sale offers have appeared in the trade window. To place your offer, you need to select the product from the list and click the ‘ Place ’ button . After that you will see the window for placing the advertisement.It displays the resource you are offering and there is a field where you specify the price of the product.

e986d0d6c3eead865364aa98410a.jpg

After that, you see every product you have exhibited in a special window. There are 5 of them. The lifetime of each advert is 2 hours or until you quit the game.

How to see sale adverts

When you open the trade window, you see absolutely all the items available for purchase / sale between players. To find what you want to buy, just select the product you need and click the ‘ Adverts ’ button .You will see a list of sellers and their proposed prices. All you have to do is choose the price you like and write a personal message to the player who sells the item. If, at the moment, the ‘Adverts’ button is inactive and the number ‘0’ is displayed on it, then nobody is selling this item.

7e6945add07295157b52c819a9d9.jpg

You guys kinda forgot a really important thing in developing this, when everything is set and in adverts, why do i have to contact the seller and face the lvl9000+ language barriers again instead of just buying it on the spot?

3 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

You guys kinda forgot a really important thing in developing this, when everything is set and in adverts, why do i have to contact the seller and face the lvl9000+ language barriers again instead of just buying it on the spot?

I agree.

Purchases should be done automatically, once confirmed, even if the user (Trader) is offline.

All purchases should last for 24 hours at least.

It’s honestly great, just needs that one thing extra to be finished, thats all.

32 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s honestly great, just needs that one thing extra to be finished, thats all.

It’s definitely an improvement. But it could have been even better!

yea this should be like every other mmo out there and  not like a ancient outdated system from the early 80’s catch up the the century we live in guys

4 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

yea this should be like every other mmo out there and  not like a ancient outdated system from the early 80’s catch up the the century we live in guys

I am sure that they will fix it. No need to be savvy.

The two hour timer is way too short.   I was wondering why my posts were being removed after coming back into the Hangers after battles and trips into OS.

They are being removed automatically by a 2 hour timer.  I thought it was was a bug and came to the forum to see if it was previously posted.

A 24 hour timer also would be too short.   That would require me to go thru all my items I want to sell and repost them for sale every day.

Make the timer for a week or two weeks, similar to a real life post in a newspaper of things for sale if they are to auto expire.

Another alternative would be to post items for a defined time but with a warning timer also.   Something like a week post but on day six, if the user logs back in prior to the timers expiring, an after-log-prompt would pop up (similar to the Daily Reward pop up) saying something along the lines of “Your Advertised Trade Items will expire in 1 Day, Do you wish to renew the Postings?”   and then if confirmed with a YES button, the items would be automatically refreshed again.   This would allow consistent players a fast renewal of Trade Postings and players that do not play as frequently but have posted, to expire, freeing up the server space for those that are active.  

A User Email message also could be also be used for the renewal message instead of a new pop up panel, similar to the recent emails about inventory being exceeded and you sell off some then accept in the ones in the emails.  That logic could be cloned and/or tweaked to perform Trade Postings Renewals.  — This is the one I would favor being implemented over a pop up, since the server can manage the emails when a user is offline (a Host Function) whereas a pop up function would be at the Client application.   It makes more sense to me that its a host based function more then a client app function.

Both methods could be implemented into the existing structure of the new Trading Panels without really effecting the new logic that much, just the timers in that area of logic.   The newly written logic would be notification method and a sweep thru the existing postings if renewal is confirmed as YES.  

Two hours is far too short. Eve online has up to two months expiration for player’s buy and sell orders… And I agree with koromac, it should be possible to buy directly without having to mail a person. In eve, you actually don’t know who you are buying off until the trade is complete.

I know Star Conflict has no intention of trying to compete with Eve on an economy level, but there are some things that can be borrowed I guess.

basically make it so its the trade broker from Tera, 7 day up for sale, 5% tax fee, premium users bypass the tax, and buyers buy 105% of the item price unless negotiated.

I dont agree with all the percentages being put into the logic… when I post items for sale, Ive already done the math to account for all that… the BUYER pays for everything and I get my original base asking price.    

Then again, I know how to do math.   ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

15 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

Give suggestions for improvements based on what you would like to see implemented.   Dont just whine about it.  

Not all Developers are Designers or Visionaries and they need an idea or two to get them onto the path of coding…   In fact, Designers and Visionaries make for awful coders since they keep changing the logic around based on new ideas and never complete a Project.    So you have to use both types on a software project, one to conceive the ideas and envision the Application and the other to Code it.    As a Manager, I keep the two in separate work areas.  They dont work well together either.  HA!.

Vote: remove A Sokal quest, 60k credits as reward is insulting, to much work for nothing