Trade suddenly disabled

| Error report |
| Describe problem and what you saw | I logged in today (2nd login of the day) and trade is locked out. It says I need complete 50 battles. I have thousands of completed battles and nearly 900 hours of play time. |
| What you expected to see | Trade to function |
| Conditions in which error reproduce | Login |
| Problem details |

Play via Steam on Linux.

Attempted to logout/login, no change.

Attempted uninstall/reinstall, no change.

Attempted logging in from another computer I previously played on, reset back to 0/50 battles needed to regain access to trade.

|
| Frequency of reproduction | always |
| Time of bug |   |

You need to enable 2 factor authentication now to use the market.

Since when is that a requirement, and where is it listed?

The message I got gives two options, both with and without 2 factor enabled.

It was announced a while ago. Not sure why it hasn’t been added to the in-game text yet.

If that was the issue, then why did it suddenly apply today with no warning and no one else in my corp has the same issue?

I don’t even see an option for 2FA anywhere in the game, and I play through Steam that already has 2FA…

Beats me.

It seems to be randomly applied to certain players over time. Not necessarily uniformly across everyone at the same time.

I got this issue as well, I can’t seem to purchase parts from anyone on the market. The error makes it seem like they have not played enough battles, but according to TheDarkRedFox it is really our 2FA.
I have 2FA on for both Gaijin account, and Steam account (I even had to use Gaijin 2FA to log in an post here on the forum).
So this is not a Two Factor Authentication issue?

How do I get the option to spend my money in the market?

SCE.png.a613ed03a1576ba6be4a0ac34003fe5f.png

19 hours ago, ForbiddenSoul said:

I got this issue as well, I can’t seem to purchase parts from anyone on the market. The error makes it seem like they have not played enough battles, but according to TheDarkRedFox it is really our 2FA.
I have 2FA on for both Gaijin account, and Steam account (I even had to use Gaijin 2FA to log in an post here on the forum).
So this is not a Two Factor Authentication issue?

How do I get the option to spend my money in the market?

Just do 50 battles.

17 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Just do 50 battles.

Sorry, I guess I didn’t make myself clear, I have the same issue.
I have been playing StarConflict since before any expansions were even released, I have done 1000’s if not 10s of 1000’s of battles. Current fleet strength is 39%, I don’t think that matters though.
I will play another 50 battles, and see if something changes, but it seems like another issue.

2-Factor with is also required to trade now, so if you don’t have that…

I do have 2-Factor, just like I said, and just in-case you don’t believe me, 2-Factor was required for me to log into the forum… Like I said the first time.