TOPIC FOR Aces AND NEW PLAYERS

Hello

Ive created this thread incase people havent understood something ingame and cant get people to pay attention to them in the chat to answer questions.

Ill start this thread off by asking this:

•“What is the difference between basic and expert pilot modes?” 

basic mode allows for full view around ship at the cost of some more skilled requirements to properly control the ship.

advanced more allows for less view, but more control.

Why does it seem that lasers are much less effective at damage as a whole than the others?

Lasers have the smallest projectile size, infact they are a tiny beam. Hitting Shields with them is as easy as with other Weapons but if it comes to Hull they are quite inneffective. You need to hit the ship itself and not a sphere around it. Shields are round about 2 times as big as the ship itslef.

In addition you need to stick on the target for 100% of the time to do 100% of damage. 0.5seconds off the target will cut down your damage per second by 50%. -> Less time on target deals less damage. Only Pulse and Long Range Lasers will deal most of the damage instant by the pulse.

What is the “development bonus” listed on ships?

When can I get pulse or long range lasers? Is that Tech 2?

What is the “development bonus” listed on ships?

It is a bonus how much more XP a ship gets in Battle

When can I get pulse or long range lasers? Is that Tech 2?

Such Weapons like Sniper and Rapid/Pulse are limited to T2. Heavys are for T3.

Since there was no wipe of obsolete items there are still some on T1 and T2. But this will be fixed soon.

I fail, thanks Gentaei

Answered in FAQ

Anyone can please point me to a post or web where they explain how you gain points in game ? I mean, I want to know how many points is every action, like in Combat Reconaissance I know that killing the captain rewards 600 points… things like that. I’d love to have a list of all the points rewarded for every action for all the game modes in case points are different for each one.

I would also like to know how the final rewars (cash) is calculated at the end of the battle.

Hi all,

I began sorting out all those questions in the FAQ of the wiki.

Please feel free to ask me for new questions. If you have the answers it’s better !!

Hi all,

I began sorting out all those questions in the FAQ of the wiki.

Please feel free to ask me for new questions. If you have the answers it’s better !!

Thanks, but I’ve been reading all the FAQ and nothing of what I asked is there… will it be in the near future ?

Bump…this thread just answered 3 questions I had, that couldn’t get sorted via the chat window.  Thanks Nuke.

Thanks, but I’ve been reading all the FAQ and nothing of what I asked is there… will it be in the near future ?

Yes !! I began the FAQ yesterday and just found this topic

I began to answer, but i will need help.

Yes !! I began the FAQ yesterday and just found this topic

I began to answer, but i will need help.

Thanks a lot, questions have been answered… really grateful.

The reward at the end of the combat was about the same I had in mind… only doubt is… A few times I did 0 points (mostly in reconnaissance missions), my team lost and still made like 30 or 35k credits. There’s a minimum granted no matter what ?

If that’s the case, I think people is abusing it or will abuse it… I guess that encourages lazy people to go afk, right ? Or even enter games while they are at work with the game minimized, and keep earning credits all day long entering new battles every 15-20 mins ?

Hi People,

do you know which development bonis is active when i have for example 3 different tech2 Ships ? one with 45% one with 60% and one with 80%.

Is it the on i fly with at the end of the Game or generally the highest ?

Best regards,

Stokefly

development bonus is for the experience, that allow you to rank up the synergy of a ship. So each ship has its own.

So the Steam DLC ships all have a far higher development bonus than ships in comparable tiers. For example, the Bear is 175% while the Wolf-M is 125%, though both are at level 9. Is it true that this is a completely wasted stat since the synergy on these ships is already maxed out?

Edit: “Development bonus” is now called “reward bonus”. It seems to increase both credits and reputation earned. I am unsure of how this is calculated precisely with regards to having multiple ships active. I tested two ships in the same tier with different rewards bonuses separately, with only one active at a time.

So the Steam DLC ships all have a far higher development bonus than ships in comparable tiers. For example, the Bear is 175% while the Wolf-M is 125%, though both are at level 9. Is it true that this is a completely wasted stat since the synergy on these ships is already maxed out?

Edit: “Development bonus” is now called “reward bonus”. It seems to increase both credits and reputation earned. I am unsure of how this is calculated precisely with regards to having multiple ships active. I tested two ships in the same tier with different rewards bonuses separately, with only one active at a time.

Very good question, I’ve wondered about how multiple active ships affects this.  Also anyway to buy steam dlc ships, ala carte?

Well, Error stated in his FAQ that this only affects Experience. But maybe he lied to us, or it has changed.