Top Rank Offence role gold/real money only 0.o

So I understand the game is still technically in open beta but whats with the top rank Offence role ships being sold for galactic standard (gold/real life money) only. The next closest rank Offence role ship is a rank 9 for the Federation, and rank 8 Empire. Jericho does get a top rake offence ship the Lance Type S. But the Poni has better stats than the Lance Type S in every way (not counting if synergy boosts them, not sure if it does or not). I do understand that rank 13 to 15 are “Top Secret” and I am new and don’t know if those open up as I rank or will open in a future patch but as it stands this is sorta sad in my opinion. I think this gives the game a pay to win feel. 

I did see in one review “Credit-to-Gold and Gold-to-Credit exchange system in place” I haven’t seen it. If there is it would at least give us free to play people a way to get the gold ships and level the playing field. Link to the review: http://spacesimcentral.com/articles.html/_/mmo-news/star-conflict-obt-review-r114 But if the only way to get the better ships is with real money I think my self and other players that thought this game was going to be like world of tanks (free to play/pay to not grind as much) will go back to games that reward players for their time and encourage them to pay rather than play a game that you have to spend money if you want the better vehicles.  

What? 13-15 ranked ships aren’t ingame right now. Ship roles were implemented just a few weeks ago and it is a subject to change during beta. Offence ship isn’t means that this ship is better.

Premium ships actually are weaker than ordinary faction ships sold for credits. Premiums just cheaper in repair costs, so you can die frequently without emptying your wallet.

Way to edit your pose Zerk1 lol  No need for this one to be here now

Rank 13 to 15 ships are not available.

You got to look at ships by bracket tier(T1 T2 ect) so I fly support, not counting dlc there is only going to be 1 support from rank 7-9. A lower rank ship doesn’t always mean weaker. Once you get past rank 8 all the ships have their fine active slots at that point it even means less.

As for play to win most of the DLC ships are out class by ships of the same tier you just get them eariler, also the best items in the game are from loot you can’t by them with cash.

Rank 13 to 15 ships are not available.

ok that’s what I thought. Not sure if you edited that guys post or if he did but it sure it’s funny how people are so quick to talk trash and call people names rather than read and respond.

You got to look at ships by bracket tier(T1 T2 ect) so I fly support, not counting dlc there is only going to be 1 support from rank 7-9. A lower rank ship doesn’t always mean weaker. Once you get past rank 8 all the ships have their fine active slots at that point it even means less.

As for play to win most of the DLC ships are out class by ships of the same tier you just get them eariler, also the best items in the game are from loot you can’t by them with cash.

I hear what your saying but if you look at the Federation (they are the ones I’m playing at the moment) there is no tier 4 Offence ship other than the one you get with Galactic standards (real money) The closest ship would be the tier 4  Command (Tiger II) or the tier 4 Tackler (Tiger-M) and both have lower stats than the Offence you can get with real money. Jericho does get a tier 4 Offence ship (Lance type S) but its stats are lower than the ship you get with real money (Poni). I’m not sure if you max the synergy if the stats of the Lance type S will be as good or better than the Poni though but the FAQ does say

" Q: What is Synergy/Ship Level?

A: Through killing enemies, assisting in the process or competing in battle goals, you will earn ship experience. This experience increases your Ship Level and with each Level, you will get additonal bonuses for it."

So perhaps that’s the way I will need to go to get a top rank/tier Offence ship. If anyone has the stats for a fully leveled Lance type S it would be great to know what they are.

Be sure, at maxed synergy Lance type S will be far more better than Poni. Plus faction module is better at faction ships. Premium ones has basic special modules(phased shield for Jericho fighter).

Again about Gold Standards: you can earn 100 GS as daily bonus if you’ll login everyday. Quite simple. If you’ll keep playing you will be able to buy this shiny golden ships if you wish without any real money payments. But their advantage is only in lower repair costs.

Premium ships are for farming only but not for winning.

About the stats different ships at the same rank have different bonus but if you check it completely you’ll notice they are balanced. Ships with lower hull/shield normally have a bonus of 10 points on either hull or shield resist or more role related bonuses. So the stats are not really lower they are just differently allocated at the end.

Also you can’t have a final ship for every role, they should make like 7-8 ships just for the last rank and it’s probably a bit too much… personally i prefer a command ship has offensive ship since i find command modules more useful even when having to deal damage. It’s not only about offence ships =P

Btw, if you want a fighter that is mostly a damage dealer over everything else you should think about empire fighters. They have nice bonus (they all have 10% dmg bonus) a good amount of hull (with some hull resist they can tank way better than fed/jericho well) and their special ability allow them to get a very high dmg/movement boost to close a fight quickly.

Actually, the availability of ships at a certain -rank- can and does have significant consequences which synergy won’t fix.

For example: The rank 9 interceptors are WAY more useful than their Rank 7 and 8 siblings, because only Rank 9 upwards benefits from the Fed Rank 9 +20% afterburner speed implant, which is a game changer.

What they should do is make all implants of a tier apply to all the ships up from that tier, regardless of rank. This would fix the issue.

In my opinion, Offense ships are (currently) inferior to a good command ship in almost every way.  The Shortsword is a rare example of one that holds its own and that’s thanks to its 100% range bonus to the offense modules.

If however, you are that desperate for a rank 12 Offense fighter, take a look at the Lance Type S in the Jericho tree…

Try to check this stuff before you post eh?  It’s exhausting to have to keep correcting stuff.

In my opinion, Offense ships are (currently) inferior to a good command ship in almost every way.  The Shortsword is a rare example of one that holds its own and that’s thanks to its 100% range bonus to the offense modules.

If however, you are that desperate for a rank 12 Offense fighter, take a look at the Lance Type S in the Jericho tree…

Try to check this stuff before you post eh?  It’s exhausting to have to keep correcting stuff.

I did mention the Lance type S in post #6 just didn’t fix/edit the original post lol talk about needing to check stuff be for posting,

But he Poni has better stats than the Lance Type S in every way (not counting if synergy boosts them. I asked if they do but have yet to get a response if they do).

I am not desperate to get any ship it is a free to play game and well I thought I would say " I think this gives the game a pay to win feel."

So try to be constructive without being a jerk its exhausting to have to keep dealing with angry young men

Be sure, at maxed synergy Lance type S will be far more better than Poni. Plus faction module is better at faction ships. Premium ones has basic special modules(phased shield for Jericho fighter).

Again about Gold Standards: you can earn 100 GS as daily bonus if you’ll login everyday. Quite simple. If you’ll keep playing you will be able to buy this shiny golden ships if you wish without any real money payments. But their advantage is only in lower repair costs.

Premium ships are for farming only but not for winning.

cool thanks for being constructive and informative. I wasn’t sure if the synergy made a difference in stats.

Without reading all the text in this thread:

• Are premium ships better than normal ships?
  • Premium ships come with a maxed out synergy upon purchase and as such they are better than the corresponding regular tree ships when brand new, but when maxed out the normal ships are slightly better.
  • Additionaly, premium ships don’t get the faction specific version of their respective Special Weapons.
  • Steam DLC ships are slightly better then other ships of the same type due to the addition of a passive slot and offering a different missile loadout composition.

^ taken from the wiki FAQ. And yes as I wrote most of the above myself I know it to be so.

As for having “role” ships, the roles don’t offer that much of a bonus, mostly only energy reduction on modules of the same role in which case the command role actually offers more variability/utility then the offence role. Even should you prefer a given role, the lack of faction-specific special modules makes the premium ships actually weaker