Tiers and Ranks (Easy Normal Hard) in 1.4.6 - matchMaker?

Is the original 5 tier concept non existent any longer because of the easy, normal, hard skill-groupings?

Sifting through the Crew implants because of Dark Red Foxes’ thread about: new [Ellydium crew](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34479-ellydium-crew/) I was pondering if we in SC 1.4.6 have a factual 3 tier concept implemented - taking into account that Ellydium ships start from ranks 5 on:

1. tier = easy => ranks 1-5

2. tier = normal => ranks 6-10

3. tier = hard => ranks 11-15

???

I am not experienced enough concerning the matchMaker because I seldomly play PvP ranks 12-15 - so what was the conclusions one would draw out of the matchMaker / AI and general game mechanics in regard to ranks and tiers in SC 1.4.6 ? Is the original 5 tier concept broken and replaced by a 3 tier concept?

6 hours ago, avarshina said:

Is the original 5 tier concept non existent any longer because of the easy, normal, hard skill-groupings?

Sifting through the Crew implants because of Dark Red Foxes’ thread about: new [Ellydium crew](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/34479-ellydium-crew/) I was pondering if we in SC 1.4.6 have a factual 3 tier concept implemented - taking into account that Ellydium ships start from ranks 5 on:

1. tier = easy => ranks 1-5

2. tier = normal => ranks 6-10

3. tier = hard => ranks 11-15

???

I am not experienced enough concerning the matchMaker because I seldomly play PvP ranks 12-15 - so what was the conclusions one would draw out of the matchMaker / AI and general game mechanics in regard to ranks and tiers in SC 1.4.6 ? Is the original 5 tier concept broken and replaced by a 3 tier concept?

The only thing that makes higher ranks more difficult is more content (higher the rank the more modules and weapons are available) which means more strategy ideally. If you aren’t keeping up with the new content then you will be an easy target.

Ranks 1-5 (when you first start the game, not seal clubbers) is mostly just shooting. Most of them don’t know how to even use the modules and they are learning. Ideally the training session should be broadened to teach to use the modules also so that they are hopefully better before they get to high ranks.