Tier 4 is Unbearably Bad

So I just got to rank 13 with the Apollo, and it’s totally different up here. No players to play, and all the players I play with are really (stupidly) good so I can’t defend myself, so PvP is basically as little fun as it is at tier 1.

 

Now I see why nobody plays Tier 4, so odd. Thought I’d share cause i’m curious if others are wondering why T4 is so dead.

 

FYI, Apollo sucks, can’t get it to be capable of fighting and surviving no matter what. Feels like i’m in the R11 variant but facing stronger opponents.

In my opinion, almost all the standard ships suck now. I have gotten used to the strafe speed of Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin is just untouchable. I can’t see myself going back to standard ships anytime soon. Secret Project ships and most premiums are the only exception. They can be super OP.

 

There is also the thing where doing PvP without max synergy ships is kind of not worth the efforts. You almost have to play pve and max all your ships or just use premium ships to enjoy PvP.

 

There are the veterans and the gamers that have been playing games for years and have nice setups that will tell you the opposite of what I’m saying and that you just need to git gud but the majority of the players in this game are not that good so you people gotta stop saying that and try something else.

 

Rank 11 in PvE is the worst and I rarely play anything lower than T5 in PvP until lately. Lately, I just don’t care anymore. I just wanna have fun.

 

Did rank 7 PvP survival yesterday with positron and felt like Superman! XD Stupid ceptors just fly right at you. LOLOLOL

25 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

enjoy PvP.

Restate the question. This does not compute.

35 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Restate the question. This does not compute.

LOL Hey, if everyone is using broken ships then why not join them? It’s stupid to say, “I like my knife too much to bring a gun to this gun fight.”

Get Tai’Kin, upgrade it, learn to use it and have fun man! Thar’Ga too. That ship is OPAF MAN! You guys not using either the charge weapon (kinetic one) or singularity are missing out.

10 hours ago, HBZK100 said:

So I just got to rank 13 with the Apollo, and it’s totally different up here. No players to play, and all the players I play with are really (stupidly) good so I can’t defend myself, so PvP is basically as little fun as it is at tier 1.

 

Now I see why nobody plays Tier 4, so odd. Thought I’d share cause i’m curious if others are wondering why T4 is so dead.

 

FYI, Apollo sucks, can’t get it to be capable of fighting and surviving no matter what. Feels like i’m in the R11 variant but facing stronger opponents.

Hey, I think you mistook old tier T5 for T4?

Today we rather have rank ranges +/- 5 ranks, basically easy r1-5, medium r6-10. hard r11-15.

Try to find out the best ship class for your playstyle and then try to make a good build (tank, agile, damage dealer, long range, close range, speed, etc.)  ask certain players in the game for that. Also certain ships in each class are better than others , so maybe ask about that also.

But you are in CRS, right? They do mostly open space with free items every day from Orca. But I think Orca can help you with a meta build or knows the right players to ask. Good luck and fun for you in the <end-game> spheres ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)  I whish you!

19 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

most premiums are the only exception

If you talk about “standard” “real” premiums, I do not see the OPness, most of T4 or T5 golden ships were “okayish” right from the start, except if you searched for an openspace ship.

nothing compared to true niche gems like the Sai, Valor, Nukem, etc. in the classical t3 meta, or the classical dlc ships like bear or desert eagle…

 

Of course the new ships like gargoyle, dart or stingray are a different question. but they were kinda farmable, so their premiumness is mixed…

 

20 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

There are the veterans and the gamers that have been playing games for years and have nice setups that will tell you the opposite of what I’m saying and that you just need to git gud but the majority of the players in this game are not that good so you people gotta stop saying that and try something else

Well, as a “veteran” by age, I can tell you, that I knew this already when I was a nub: sometimes you just have to exercise, exercise, exercise. Sometimes you have to sacrifice, become more patient to the kill, stop blaming and just try again and again, with endless tries.

 

Ignore the advice as insult, and take it as reminder. If you are gud, you know, you gotta git gud every day, every time. 

 

Majority of the players being “not that good” does not mean, the majority could not simply use the OP ships you mentioned anyway. But since they never had the practice one got from playing way weaker ships for ages in times when the game was fresh, they wont get more skilled just because the ship is easier to be good in. The problem is, if you want skill, if you want to become good, you have to take the hard route and fight against the pressure, so you can grow. You should challenge yourself constantly.

 

Also, ignore the salt coming from “veterans” who just became vets by surviving long enough until all people who could eat them for breakfast left the game. The louder they cry git gut, the more they actually go sobbing silently when they lay their head on their pillow at night, with tears in their eyes since they know, they never really gitted dat gud either. It’s that secret pain they try to hide, which they use to hurt anyone who are at least beatable in their world, while they are daily working hard to get those shiny stats that shows the world how skilled they are. This is just a problem of small community bringing these individual personality problems to the surface, in many other games this ain’t a problem at all and cancels itself out; every hardcore gamer knows, being gud means more, than just skill, it means experience and practice, good hardware, good internet, and good video editing software. Your self worth should not come from a video game. Fame and skill are not the same thing. This is true for everything in life. Mah OP onion, take it or leave it, or just git gud.

 

14 minutes ago, g4borg said:

 

LOL nicely put.

 

You said take the hard route. I played this game on a laptop with integrated graphics pushing ~15 fps and used a xbox 360 controller and no mouse. Is that maybe what you would call taking the hard path? XD  I did that for the first year of playing and my stats are fukd because of it but idc about that kind of thing for the most part. (sorry for saying that more than a few times but its a nice way to compare)

I got some good teachers in the game and the MAIN thing about this game, once you have the basics down, is learning the fine details that aren’t written down in the game anywhere. Keeping up-to-date with the changes. All those things are what will make you a true successor of the game. Too many try hards and I will admit I was one of them until recently. Now, I just try to have fun. I still get salty but that is just my nature. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

 

Oh sorry yeah i meant t5, and yes i’ve heard the “get gud” thing from players already. In all honestly that is the most annoying thing you can say to a person, i don’t have the time to get really good at this game. So that statement isn’t going to help.

 

I think I might just grind in pve and open space for synergy, cause right now my only goal is to get to rank 15 so i can max synergy on lower ships and grind credits way faster. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 minute ago, HBZK100 said:

Oh sorry yeah i meant t5, and yes i’ve heard the “get gud” thing from players already. In all honestly that is the most annoying thing you can say to a person, i don’t have the time to get really good at this game. So that statement isn’t going to help.

[@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/) put it as well as one can. You just have to stay at it.

 

I am not great compared to him but I am almost always top 3 if not THE top player. My ELO is somewhat low though so I end up getting in matches that are actually beneath my current capabilities due to my first year of gameplay.

 

Point is that, you have to play thousands of PvP matches AND stay at it. Ask good players the tricks to a certain ship or class and that will help tremendously. [@ORCA1911](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/254263-orca1911/) has all of that info and is the CEO of the corp you are in so that should make it easy for you. ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

 

Yup ^^ Definitely. At least the community here is very good. You guys are life savers!!

On 9/19/2017 at 0:02 PM, g4borg said:

Also, ignore the salt coming from “veterans” who just became vets by surviving long enough until all people who could eat them for breakfast left the game. The louder they cry git gut, the more they actually go sobbing silently when they lay their head on their pillow at night, with tears in their eyes since they know, they never really gitted dat gud either. It’s that secret pain they try to hide, which they use to hurt anyone who are at least beatable in their world, while they are daily working hard to get those shiny stats that shows the world how skilled they are. This is just a problem of small community bringing these individual personality problems to the surface, in many other games this ain’t a problem at all and cancels itself out; every hardcore gamer knows, being gud means more, than just skill, it means experience and practice, good hardware, good internet, and good video editing software. Your self worth should not come from a video game. Fame and skill are not the same thing. This is true for everything in life. Mah OP onion, take it or leave it, or just git gud.

 

 

Damn, now i’m paranoid that i’m one of those veterans.

I can hardly get a match. Wait times are absurd at times and I am playing alone. Trying to do Tier IV is almost impossible, unless if you got plenty of patience and time to waste.

On 19.09.2017 at 6:02 PM, g4borg said:

Well, as a “veteran” by age

git gud roga