This isn't an update

This new update isn’t even remotely an update. Other than the xenochip refresh for items that came out  long ago  there is legitimately nothing to this “update”. This is by no means a new iteration of the game. 

There was no content added.
There were no bug fixes.
There was no balancing.
There are no new major events.
There were no text fixes.

Nothing that has occurred warrants a new iteration of the game. Heck, this would barely even be a hotfix.

Pirate Destroyers aren’t spawning still.

There are no offensives to take back captured sectors still.

Fort Muerto has been bugged for months now.

What balance passes come through are exclusively from the community balance discord which even then the developers disregard 95% of an iteration’s content.
Gungnir and Scylla both used almost exclusively reused audio assets.
Destroyers are still in a horrible state of balance.
The rank 15 Ze’ta tree still costs hundreds of dollars of premium currency.

What even is going on at Targem. The combat alerts were nice short term transparency but apart from data mining we have no long term clues to what is going on.

The Xenochip event seems broken. The first completed mission gave me 6 Xenochips. The rate dropped in such a way that doing 20~30 missions a day is required to get 50 Xenochips a day. Over 10 days that’s 500. The cheapest items are 700 chips.

I’m hoping this is an error of some sort.

50 minutes ago, ScireEstMelius said:

The Xenochip event seems broken. The first completed mission gave me 6 Xenochips. The rate dropped in such a way that doing 20~30 missions a day is required to get 50 Xenochips a day. Over 10 days that’s 500. The cheapest items are 700 chips.

I’m hoping this is an error of some sort.

The problem was that when the xenochips were “disabled” from the last event they were still counting. So when you saw an “invisible” or “blank” notification show up in your notification feed it was the game trying to display xenochip gain even when it was disabled. As a result, any of those blank notifications from today before the update hit have resulted in diminishing returns being applied instantly as xenochip reset is somewhat dynamic (I believe it isn’t 24 hours after the first mission is completed anymore, but may be the case).

even if you do 100 xeno day  you can’t have all the stuff since the event lasts 10 day  for 1000 xeno

54 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

The problem was that when the xenochips were “disabled” from the last event they were still counting. So when you saw an “invisible” or “blank” notification show up in your notification feed it was the game trying to display xenochip gain even when it was disabled. As a result, any of those blank notifications from today before the update hit have resulted in diminishing returns being applied instantly as xenochip reset is somewhat dynamic (I believe it isn’t 24 hours after the first mission is completed anymore, but may be the case).

If that’s the case, then it’s fine. I can lose a day, provided the actual rate lets us get 200 or so a day. That’s enough for one top prize and one bottom prize.

The past two Xenochip events reset at 12 midnight GMT, I believe. I could be wrong.

Inb4 others flip out, its a minor patch before a bigger one, devs just extended the xenochip event until then.

You could squeeze past 100 xenos/day, but I’m not sure if you can pull 1400 and get two pirate things, assuming you won’t need the scanner or hull, you should rather wait for a sale on those, as pirate weapons won’t be available as often.

IIRC people were asking for the pirate weapons quite often, this seems like a nice chance to get the one you want.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Inb4 others flip out, its a minor patch before a bigger one, devs just extended the xenochip event until then.

It would be nicer to know this kind of stuff in advance. I know the devs aren’t the best with communication but just saying the xenochip event has been extended and not documenting the extension as an update would have been much clearer.

I also hope the concerns about xenochip gain is being heard because it seems like the gain will be identical to the last events which in order to even clock 700 will take quite a large amount of commitment.

* Improved stability of game servers.

5 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

It would be nicer to know this kind of stuff in advance. I know the devs aren’t the best with communication but just saying the xenochip event has been extended and not documenting the extension as an update would have been much clearer.

Just be gentle with the table flips :stuck_out_tongue:

5 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I also hope the concerns about xenochip gain is being heard because it seems like the gain will be identical to the last events which in order to even clock 700 will take quite a large amount of commitment.

I see it as a filler arc to something else, dunno what they would call it. #2muchanime

Yeah don’t worry lads, grind to get one of like 9 things, want multiple? Out of luck. But don’t worry, there is a real update lurking behind a corner. Containing a new battle pass, single ship that sucks to be made DLC or both - KEK. (Not like we’ve gotten anything else except that and some xxxx maps in the past year)

This is literally the exact same situation as Diablo Immortal, how in the unholy xxxx did the devs think we wouldn’t be frustrated by this.

Not to mention I can only pick one reward!?!?

Y’all fucked up aye

After getting a full day in: Screw this event. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze. I’m not killing meself to get one mediocre item.

Why isn’t someone posting the specs of these weapons, for those who don’t own them yet?

Are they worth the value of those xenochips, of the grinding, or not really? They are like 20% better than the standard one, or 50% better?

Are they better than the Champion’s Laser you get from Tournaments, for example?

8 minutes ago, DaCookiez said:

Are they better than the Champion’s Laser you get from Tournaments, for example?

Champoins Laser is just a MK5 Pulse laser, nothing unique about it.

9 minutes ago, DaCookiez said:

Why isn’t someone posting the specs of these weapons, for those who don’t own them yet?

You don’t need to own them to see the stats, you can see it in the containers.

9 minutes ago, DaCookiez said:

Are they worth the value of those xenochips, of the grinding, or not really? They are like 20% better than the standard one, or 50% better?

If they are worth the grind depends on you and how much you value your time. Imo Pirate Gauss Cannon and Pirate Shrapnel Cannon are good weapons.

12 hours ago, DaCookiez said:

Are they worth the value of those xenochips, of the grinding, or not really?

You could put about 1 hour a day into the game just doing os missions here and there and get enough for one of the pirate weapons, to be completely fair its still pretty expensive but its not like xenos are hard to farm, its just you can only get so many before you get diminishing returns

Devs: “here have some free ish stuff!”

Y’all: “WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE I ASKED FOR THREE MORE SHIPS AND FIVE MORE MAPS WHAT ARE YOU DOING”

Please just… Chill. For once. We all could use a chill pill or five.

Seriously? We got something that was in a paid DLC a year ago that you had to grind for, and you can only get a 7th of it - and this is all we got a month after they released zero content with a crappy LRF and charge DLC for it. No, this is not fine - sure they can do it, but it is not fine. It is pathetic to say the least - period.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Devs: “here have some free ish stuff!”

Y’all: “WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE I ASKED FOR THREE MORE SHIPS AND FIVE MORE MAPS WHAT ARE YOU DOING”

Please just… Chill. For once. We all could use a chill pill or five.

The last “content” update we had was Gungnir, which came with Gungnir and  ONLY  Gungnir. Realisticly we haven’t had a legitimate content update since Scylla dropped with Paper Conflict which was March 26th, which even then Paper Conflict is a brawl and not even associated with the rest of the game.

The fact we’ve had a singular ship that wasn’t fully fledged DLC (or a reskin) in the past 2 months is pretty piss poor - especially when the community balance passes haven’t even remotely been accepted fully.
If you really want an example of how larger parts of balance iterations were ignored lemme throw some words and numbers at you

What was proposed and pushed to the developers :

Halo launcher

Increased projectile speed to 3000m/s (from 1725m/s)
Decreased radiation radius to 175m
Increased radiation damage to 4500 (4250 @ rank 14, 4000 @ rank 8)

Justification:
This weapon is currently uncompetitive in PvP and barely viable in PvE as enemies begin to move out of the way the moment the radiation damage begins to tick. These changes aim to increase the competitiveness of the weapon in PvP by enabling it to reliably hit targets at medium ranges whilst decreasing the size of the radiation to make inaccuracy less forgiving.

What was implemented:

“Halo” launcher

• The radiation radius is reduced by 20%.
  • Radiation damage increased by 66%

And that was only one of the smaller cutdowns. There were other proposals which were either outright ignored in their entirity or completely ignored and a random stat was buffed (you want sum 5% damage buff for your RF blasters).