Thi'lith revamp

Hello, experienced player here, mostly from SC leagues, Dread battles and pvp. I got to say that the new weapon is a big problem in some gamemodes because it’s not only preventing beacon’s captures staying away from fight without much efforts. but it is also powerfull on some t5 ships to the point that some interceptors can’t survive more than few second when under fire from it. You can’t really avoid the fire since unless you are behind the fighter there is no way to evade the auto-aim. Using white noise or Ecm debuff is not that effective since gunships have the combat reboot module, so there is no easy way to counter those ships, that’s why I’m asking that devs quick address this thing and try to change the weapon’s mechanic or a debuff or something like that.

It’s already weak enough as-is. I suggest a possible countermeasure that only Interceptors can use against it. I’ll whip something up real quick.

They were forced to remove the old A1m1 for this reason. I don’t understand why devs made another auto-aim weapon.

This weapon should have no spread at all like all lasers, and aim at every enemies in a 300m radius around what you hit. 

If you want to, you can stil keep the spread that allow the beam to stick to the target like right now, but in a much lower radius like 0.3

But well, I think all lasers should stick to the target in a small “spread”, to make them more usefull. Because right now, they can hit only the shield. 

They removed A1MA because beams existed not because it was that bad. I personally liked the 1.8 second assist every 30 seconds. But now it’s just a pitifully underpowered pulsar that drains energy like a destroyer module.

Now what would they change about this pulsar weapon? Would they give it projectile speed? Would they increase its already awful energy usage? Would they decrease its already awful range? Would they reduce its already awful damage? What would they do? Supply examples.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

They removed A1MA because beans existed not because it was that bad. I personally liked the 1.8 second assist every 30 seconds. But now it’s just a pitifully underpowered pulsar that drains energy like a destroyer module.

Isn’t it just what I said ? The old A1MA was removed because auto-beam, and when they create a weapon what do they do ? Auto-beam.

But like I said above, you can make it a laser like all others lasers, with for extra feature that it also deal damage to enemies in a 300m radius around where the beam landed.

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Isn’t it just what I said ? The old A1MA was removed because auto-beam, and when they create a weapon what do they do ? Auto-beam.

But like I said above, you can make it a laser like all others lasers, with for extra feature that it also deal damage to enemies in a 300m radius around where the beam landed.

I would actually like this a lot, but then it would seem like a beam clone of Sk’Rah. It should work more like a flow of electricity imo. Like from one ship to another infinitely as long as they are within 400m or so.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

They removed A1MA because beams existed not because it was that bad. I personally liked the 1.8 second assist every 30 seconds. But now it’s just a pitifully underpowered pulsar that drains energy like a destroyer module.

Now what would they change about this pulsar weapon? Would they give it projectile speed? Would they increase its already awful energy usage? Would they decrease its already awful range? Would they reduce its already awful damage? What would they do? Supply examples.

This, if you arent hitting 3 targets at the same time, you are pretty much wasting DPS. The weapon has way too many disadvantages, i would say it requires a buff.
 Its definately a situaltional weapon you cant bring for any battle, and being honest, it only works in a gunship cause other ships lack too much dmg and/or are energy dependant.

3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

destructor is getting buffed! xD

On the spark it’s derp as f… on overdrive it can bring down a ceptor (a good fitted one and with adaptive “online”) to Emergency Barrier in less than 2 sec.

Only fleeing targets have a problem with this.

So no to this, as the disadvantages are way more as its advantages.

If the scope of damage gets altered on the Thi’lith gun, I hope it can stay large for pve. Eliminating gobs of AI is one thing that gun is great for. Now that pve ai was all adjusted to accommodate suppressors, Thi’lith is getting gunships back in it.

Stupid  weapon for here goes profanity filter text

Sry Xenon but your comment about fleeing targets is imprudent. Now u have guys that just sit behind and use this   profanity filter text   to collect kills doing nothing. They dont even have to aim. The only good thing from all this summer events is skar-ah or whatever the name is. It a shame on what devs lose their time instead to fix things that annoy as every    profanity filter text day. “Weapon against interceptors”… God … just fix that profanity filter text   rifle, aiming assistance circle and u have weapon against interceptors!!!

On 13.08.2016 at 3:11 AM, Ogrande18O said:

I’m asking that devs quick address this thing and try to change the weapon’s mechanic or a debuff or something like that.

Thi’lith and other green weapons may be tweaked, especialy when new content will arrive) But we aren’t planning to change the core mechanics of any of its

15 hours ago, maxer001 said:

Stupid  weapon for here goes profanity filter text

Sry Xenon but your comment about fleeing targets is imprudent. Now u have guys that just sit behind and use this   profanity filter text   to collect kills doing nothing. They dont even have to aim. The only good thing from all this summer events is skar-ah or whatever the name is. It a shame on what devs lose their time instead to fix things that annoy as every    profanity filter text day. “Weapon against interceptors”… God … just fix that profanity filter text   rifle, aiming assistance circle and u have weapon against interceptors!!!

Thilith has so many downgrades, that I don’t see it often. Maybe 3 in 100 games or so. Compared to this, Skrah is OP and need urgently a big nerf.

Skrah is OP and need urgently a big nerf

Yes… same as mass driver at the beginning. :(

But we aren’t planning to change the core mechanics of any of its

Withdrawal of once implemented bad idea is always hard    …

Honestly I don’t think the Thi-Lith beam is very useful other than ities. Its only effective taking out inties, but you have no chance killing anything else. Unless its already nearly dead. Don’t see why you would want to nerf it. The gun is only good for one thing.

Maybe I am just not skilled enough. I have the T5 version of Thi’Lith and I don’t use it, because its not effective. The Ski rah cannon on the other hand is probably op, but I like it. Its a silent killer, so it sucks being on the receiving end of it.