The Stingray: Is It Worth It?

I recently got very impatient and bought my Stingay outright. I know it’s a bad idea but I gotta support my peeps somehow. Well anyways, I thought I might give a little rundown on how it feels atm.

The first topic that needs to be addressed is durability. It may be super powerful in some aspects, but it has the durability of a weak interceptor, even with full Mk4 gear. I highly suggest an emergency barrier, as you will find yourself with low health often. Another problem i have encountered with durability is that because it is so low, you must carry regens at all times just to stay in battle. It is quite manoeuvrable, but that means nothing when it only takes a few hits to kill you. Energy is stable, but you can never have enough, so you have to decide between extra module use, or extra damage with your capacitor slot. Any main weapon is useful equipped, but I would highly suggest using singularity, or ion emitter, as they are the most universally useful and deal the most damage. It’s primary module is very interesting and as battles have shown, can save your life in a pinch. It’s 16s reload time is fantastic, as is its death spear. It can easily take down an unprepared frigate, and if you time it and place it right, you can take out every destroyer module with it. Though I must warn any who wish to try it, as the plasma spear range is quite disappointing. Though I guess that makes up for the horrendous damage. Spear aside, the constant speed and RoF boosting is extremely useful. Use it liberally and even the strongest enemies will melt like butter on a hot day before you. Moving on to the Entoropy Generator, or simply “The course of nature, but sped up by several million years.” It is a very fun module but seems to be quite underpowered. It has its use against frigates and destroyers but anything else is almost a sure miss if they aren’t sitting still. Another problem with it is that the little turret that it comes out of has a very very slow barrel turn rate, so you must aim slowly and carefully with it, paying attention to the turret. Aside from that it’s handy for taking down the last bit of health of any random target you manage to hit. On an irrelevant side-note, the synergy bonuses for this ship are far from what I expected them to be. They buff your main weapons considerably, but there is nothing that affects your modules or durability.

Tl;Dr: It’s fast, but made of paper mache and magnets. It’s special module is its best and most defining feature. It’s unique active module is essentially an underpowered black hole that only affects one target. If you want to waste your life slaving away in awful Rank 10 ships be my guest. I wouldn’t put too much effort in to it though, as it really needs some tweaking. I’d prefer the Brokk, even though I am still grinding for mine.

I recently got very impatient and bought my Stingay outright. I know it’s a bad idea but I gotta support my peeps somehow. Well anyways, I thought I might give a little rundown on how it feels atm.

The first topic that needs to be addressed is durability. It may be super powerful in some aspects, but it has the durability of a weak interceptor, even with full Mk4 gear. I highly suggest an emergency barrier, as you will find yourself with low health often. Another problem i have encountered with durability is that because it is so low, you must carry regens at all times just to stay in battle. It is quite manoeuvrable, but that means nothing when it only takes a few hits to kill you. Energy is stable, but you can never have enough, so you have to decide between extra module use, or extra damage with your capacitor slot. Any main weapon is useful equipped, but I would highly suggest using singularity, or ion emitter, as they are the most universally useful and deal the most damage. It’s primary module is very interesting and as battles have shown, can save your life in a pinch. It’s 16s reload time is fantastic, as is its death spear. It can easily take down an unprepared frigate, and if you time it and place it right, you can take out every destroyer module with it. Though I must warn any who wish to try it, as the plasma spear range is quite disappointing. Though I guess that makes up for the horrendous damage. Spear aside, the constant speed and RoF boosting is extremely useful. Use it liberally and even the strongest enemies will melt like butter on a hot day before you. Moving on to the Entoropy Generator, or simply “The course of nature, but sped up by several million years.” It is a very fun module but seems to be quite underpowered. It has its use against frigates and destroyers but anything else is almost a sure miss if they aren’t sitting still. Another problem with it is that the little turret that it comes out of has a very very slow barrel turn rate, so you must aim slowly and carefully with it, paying attention to the turret. Aside from that it’s handy for taking down the last bit of health of any random target you manage to hit. On an irrelevant side-note, the synergy bonuses for this ship are far from what I expected them to be. They buff your main weapons considerably, but there is nothing that affects your modules or durability.

Tl;Dr: It’s fast, but made of paper mache and magnets. It’s special module is its best and most defining feature. It’s unique active module is essentially an underpowered black hole that only affects one target. If you want to waste your life slaving away in awful Rank 10 ships be my guest. I wouldn’t put too much effort in to it though, as it really needs some tweaking. I’d prefer the Brokk, even though I am still grinding for mine.

Eh, i thought it was the neatest of the bunch, not gonna bother with the Brokk as i love my Octo. The fact that their low rank ships really draws me out of the though of grinding for them…

They’re*

I agree with you and it’s a rank 10 ship so missing 2 modules and 2 implant.I think the main use of the stingray is to have 2 of them counter destroyer with entropy generator and special module Sting in T4.

Your variation of the name makes one of our designers very very sad  :01414:

Your variation of the name makes one of our designers very very sad :01414:

Is that guy bad minded? Thinking in such a harmful way is… political incorrect to say it ‘nice’.

State him this please.

Stingay could come from a pirate. (^.^)

Lol. Stingay was the “accidental” name of it when someone was typing too fast. Tho tbh I like it better.