The Star Conflict comic

The game, its breaking! 

this all happened cause they released T5s WAY TOO EARLY

Well done. best Comic and description on what’s going on with the MM and it currently sucks.

Yes, yes you’re the only one

Or not

Grumpy Gus approves your post  :good:

Well the problem is that someone who can play T3 well is not only slightly better than someone just getting around in T2 but a lot better.
That is like when some who just got to T3 playes again someone in T5.

There doesn’t seem to be a gradual increase in ship strength from rank to rank or tier to tier and making it worse by having a wider range of ranks in the game doesn’t make it fun for both sides.

I had last night my first match with bots in TIER2. and a few nights ago I had a match where one side was exclusively T3 and the others had only 2 T3 ships.

PvP is already hard enough with the lack of teamplay so it doesn’t really need be harder with much stronger players.

Well the problem is that someone who can play T3 well is not only slightly better than someone just getting around in T2 but a lot better.

That is like when some who just got to T3 playes again someone in T5.

There doesn’t seem to be a gradual increase in ship strength from rank to rank or tier to tier and making it worse by having a wider range of ranks in the game doesn’t make it fun for both sides.

If you play T3 well in R9s you aren’t put against T2s you gonna face t3-t4

And if you are a clueless T3 you aren’t going to face T5s, rarely T4s, mostly T3 and T2

Stuff like you said happens on very-very rare occasions now, and tend to happen when there is absolutely no one to play with.

Well the percentage of games I do in PvP it is not rare to me. And rare is relative. I define rare as less than 5% but it happens 10% or more.

A wider spread than 3 ranks shouldn’t not be happening. I don’t care about the medal, “you killed someone 3 ranks higher than you”.

Am I the only one here who thinks that rank 6 can play with rank 9 without problems?

No, it’s just some people are really vocal and obsessed about a tier number.  Can a team of R6’s really compete against a team of R9’s?  Not really unless you’re talking about elite corp R6’s and zerg corp R9’s.  Can a team of R6’s compete against a team of R7’s?  Yes!  An R7 vs R8 match would actually be harder.  But someone shouldn’t expect to sit in low tiers and dominate just for the hell of it trying to stomp everyone and not face harder opponents.

If you play T3 well in R9s you aren’t put against T2s you gonna face t3-t4

And if you are a clueless T3 you aren’t going to face T5s, rarely T4s, mostly T3 and T2

Stuff like you said happens on very-very rare occasions now, and tend to happen when there is absolutely no one to play with.

Something’s screwy with MM.  I had a match a week or two ago where it was a 1v1 T3 match, but our bots were T2.  I’ve seen people with one T3 and a couple T2 ships be mixed in a match with people with T4 ships.  When there’s less than 700 people online it really shows some of the quirks in MM.  I’ve never seen a T5 ship when I’ve been in T3 ships outside of PvE.  I think only entry rank T4’s without too much synergy and not anything actually grinded.

Does someone with a decent t3 record stand a chance in t4 given ohh… Mk2/3 mixed gear on a new t4 vessel?

Does someone with a decent t3 record stand a chance in t4 given ohh… Mk2/3 mixed gear on a new t4 vessel?

I’m not having much problems against tier 4 with my Styx or Prometheus X.

Maybe I’m so pro…

Or not

Does that mean you consider r6 vs r9 “fine”?

No, it’s just some people are really vocal and obsessed about a tier number.

:facepalm:  

The difference between two tiers isn’t just a number. T3 introduces new modules, missles, ammo and one more active module slot. And with each rank you get more modifier slots, more implants.

Give some thought to the matter before labeling people ‘obsessed’

Does that mean you consider r6 vs r9 “fine”?

:facepalm:

Of course the R9 has a slight advantage, but it is doable. Sometimes you will be top tier, sometimes you won’t.

But I don’t find it unfair. Your team will have another rank 9 and the other team will have another rank 6.

I must say that was good, with a real story behind it great job!

Of course the R9 has a slight advantage, but it is doable. Sometimes you will be top tier, sometimes you won’t.

But I don’t find it unfair. Your team will have another rank 9 and the other team will have another rank 6.

Your statement wasn’t about team balance, your statement was about r6 vs r9 being okay

Usually you only face max R7 in a t2 match due to matchmaking. But if it ever happens that you face a competent R9, you have fair chances of getting farmed

Did you ever even face a decent rank9 pilot in a rank6 ship to be making a statement like that? I’ve been flying a lot in R9s and i never face a t2 unless someone brings t2 ships along t3 ships

Your statement wasn’t about team balance, your statement was about r6 vs r9 being okay

Usually you only face max R7 in a t2 match due to matchmaking. But if it ever happens that you face a competent R9, you have fair chances of getting farmed

Did you ever even face a decent rank9 pilot in a rank6 ship to be making a statement like that? I’ve been flying a lot in R9s and i never face a t2 unless someone brings t2 ships along t3 ships

:crazy:

Wut? R6 vs R9 ~ ‘fine, with R9 having a slight advantage vs R6’?

*Astraal imagines himself derping around 12x R6 ships in his tournament fit Wolf-M not giving a damn*

…riiiiight…

:bomber:

Am I the only one here who thinks that rank 6 can play with rank 9 without problems?

I agree with tier 1 which should be closed tier.

But tier 2 and tier 3 can mix no problem.

Same with tier 3 and 4. In fact I don’t see any problem with the current +3 rank possibility you have now.

Only thing of the current mm I don’t agree with is the mm malus to 3 and 4 men squads.

And I’m an average joe in tier 2 - 3.

Anyway, the comic is quite fun.

Oh yes the comic is right on POINT !

As for the question

You may be in the minority if you  think it is FAIR 

Rank 9 ship vs Rank 6 ship    in a battle where both are piloted equally skilled and they go toe to toe which one would go first ? 

post-242631-0-88846300-1386890330_thumb.jpg post-242631-0-12389400-1386890332_thumb.jpg

post-242631-0-88846300-1386890330.jpg

post-242631-0-12389400-1386890332.jpg

But if I’m playing with a hydra 2 I’m not gonna go straight forward and charge into melee if there are full purple styx there.

But i can help my team and kill other tier 2 and lower tier 3 ships. And btw i can kill that Styx with a dwarf 2 or a super kite any day.

This is a team game not a solo game. And my opinion stands: i don’t mind playing with rank 6 in tier 3 games.

I never have enough slayer of immortals medals.

Oh yes the comic is right on POINT !

As for the question

You may be in the minority if you  think it is FAIR 

Rank 9 ship vs Rank 6 ship    in a battle where both are piloted equally skilled and they go toe to toe which one would go first ? 

post-242631-0-88846300-1386890330_thumb.jpg post-242631-0-12389400-1386890332_thumb.jpg

point is that MM will not put equialy skilled players into the same game if  one in solo t2 r6 and other in solo t3 r9

it will be very good T2 vs compleate garbage T3 (the good ones and full purple ones will be pushed into T4)

I’m not having much problems against tier 4 with my Styx or Prometheus X.

Maybe I’m so pro…

i meant me with a t4 vs t5

point is that MM will not put equialy skilled players into the same game if  one in solo t2 r6 and other in solo t3 r9

it will be very good T2 vs compleate garbage T3 (the good ones and full purple ones will be pushed into T4)

Maybe. But as mentioned before I’ve seen very unbalanced matches. What is the point of matching players that have ships of a range of more than 3 ranks in their slots and play on PvP? If someone brings a T2 and T3 ship that person should be in T3 game !

But if I’m playing with a hydra 2 I’m not gonna go straight forward and charge into melee if there are full purple styx there.

But i can help my team and kill other tier 2 and lower tier 3 ships. And btw i can kill that Styx with a dwarf 2 or a super kite any day.

This is a team game not a solo game. And my opinion stands: i don’t mind playing with rank 6 in tier 3 games.

I never have enough slayer of immortals medals.

But what about those who have nothing higher than Tier2? Should they be happy to play in Tier1?

Maybe. But as mentioned before I’ve seen very unbalanced matches. What is the point of matching players that have ships of a range of more than 3 ranks in their slots and play on PvP? If someone brings a T2 and T3 ship that person should be in T3 game !

Every one have seen unbalanced matches, but in same time, please don’t over exaggerate the matter, provide screen shots where solo t2 players are put against T4s, or T3 vs T5

If someone brings t2 and t3 ships he IS put into t3 game, PvP MM decides your rank based on your highest ship in hangar, so 3x T1+T5 =t5 game