The First New Developer Q&A has Arrived!

Good news, brave pilots and starfaring desperados!

We’ve gathered some of the most common questions we’ve been asked about Star Conflict and what we’re planning for the future. We answered all of them as detailed as possible. Enjoy!

The Future of Star Conflict

Q: What will the crafting system be like?
A: Crafting will allow players to improve weapons and modules. Crafting components will be found in loot after battles and possibly you will be able to gain them from disassembling unneeded modules.

Q: Can we please have a “Sandbox Mode” for beginners?
A: Don’t worry too much about this for now. We already have a matchmaking and balancing system especially for all beginners to make sure they don’t face too difficult enemies in the early beginnings.

Q: Do you plan to introduce lobbies for battles? If you do, when are they going to be implemented?
A: Yes, we do and this is something we’re working on. We can’t promise an exact date right now, though.

Q: Tournaments were mentioned in the New Year’s Video Developer Diary. What exactly did you mean by this? How will users enter tournaments in-game?

A: We plan to organize tournaments teams of opposing players. Teams can be organized both by corporations and as a pub team. Of course, there will be several different kinds of tournaments, each with different objectives and modes.

Q: Do you plan to restrict certain types of weapons to certain classes of ships?
A: We are currently planning to limit the availability of certain types of weapons for certain classes of ships. There will be some limitations, but they won’t be very strict. In any case, they certainly won’t restrict the ability to customize each ship for a variety of different combat roles.

Q: What will the galactic map be? How will it work?
A: The galactic map is where galaxy-wide battles for sector control will take place in the future. They will involve both corporations and non-affiliated mercenaries.

Q: What can you tell us about dreadnoughts? What are they going to be, and how will they be represented in the game-world?
A: We expect that dreadnoughts will serve as the focal point of every corporation. The process of building a dreadnought will take some time and is likely to require a great amount of resources. We are currently planning to have the dreadnoughts enter battles in some way, but further testing is going to be needed.

Q: Do you plan to add training missions/quests/additional scenarios?
A: Yes, we do.

Q: Where is all the experience from the previous skill tree going to?
A: There will be new areas to represent the players development.

Q: Are you going to support modding in the game?
A: Unfortunately, no.

Q: It would be nice to have some sort of auction-house for rare items, so that when I find an item, I can sell it to other players at a price I set.
A: At the moment there are no plans for introducing trade between players.

Q: Are we going to see a spectator mode?
A: At some point, yes.

Q: Are you planning a CTF-like game mode?
A: Yes, we are.

Q: When do you plan to start up a bigger advertising and marketing campaign to attract new players?
A: After the official release of Star Conflict.

Q: Will there be a wipe? When will it happen?
A: There won’t be a wipe.

Q: Are we going to see voice commands like in counter-strike, well, like “go, go, go” or “follow me?”

A: There already are some finished, and we will add more in the future.

Q: Any plans for cockpit view?
A: There are fundamental problems with implementing this. In particular — the problem of the field of view. It’s hard to make a first person perspective that won’t be a handicap on the battlefield!

Q: Are you still planning to add anomalies and cosmic dust clouds that blind the guidance system of ships, affect steering, and even damage the hull?
A: Yes, we are planning on adding these to some maps in the future.

Q: Premium ships now have the advantage of relatively inexpensive repair costs. Are you going to introduce any other bonuses?
A: Premium ships will have some more unique bonuses in the future, but nothing that will unbalance the game.

Q: Will we be able to see squads in the team list?
A: There are currently no plans for that.

Q: Hello, please tell me, when is the skill tree coming back?
A: It’s not coming back.

Q: How do you see the game accommodating both solo players and squads in one battle?
A: We are not planning to separate squads from solo players. Our way of dealing with this will be the introduction of various games modes and activities that will offer experienced squads better rewards and more interesting gameplay than gratuitous pub-stomping can provide.

Q: Are we ever going to be able to use experience points or rank to install 2 implants of the same tier at the same time?
A: No.

Q: Is there going to be further refinement of the development system with the implants?
A: The current situation is temporary, because not all features have been added yet.

There is still much more to come for implants, in particular and development in general. Our plan is to allow player to be able to fine-tune their ships and customize their loadouts to a much greater degree!

Current Gameplay and Game Lore

Q: How exactly do the implants work right now?

A: Implants are independent of the current sides and factions and of what ship you’re piloting. Which level of implants work depends on the ship: if the rank of the implant is higher than the rank of the ship you are currently piloting, then the implant won’t work. You can’t use your level 12 implants in Tier 1, sorry!

Q: I have a physics question: why do ships with the engine shut off lose momentum, and is there an explanation for that in the game lore?
A: The ship’s systems automatically compensate for inertia to make things easier for the pilots.

Q: There’s no sound in space! None! How do you explain the in-game sounds?
A: Well since you asked…the sounds are generated by the on-board computer to help the human crews process all the incoming combat information. How’s that for immersion?

Q: How can a chip in the head of the pilot increase the strength of the hull of his ship?
A: Of course, it’s not done by the implant itself, but by the ship’s systems interacting with the pilot’s brain. Implants use the resources of the pilot’s central nervous system for some calculations that even quantum computers cannot perform in a short period of time (about 10e-12 seconds).

Q: Tell me, what kind of tank build should I go for? Is it possible for a really durable tanky build with high enough regen to negate all the damage from the highest-DPS build in the same rank?
A: The maximum regeneration of any ship will always be lower than the DPS of any weapon in the ship’s neighboring ranks. No one likes turtling that much.

Q: How do you see the role of the tank builds in game?
A: They should fly in the point position, try to live as long as possible and protect all allies in a large radius (but not themselves).

Q: What do you think, is the best use of the engineering modules?
A: In general, they’re useful for protecting the rear and making rapid redeployments of forces if needed.

Q: How would you characterize the gameplay experience in each of the different ship tiers?
A: T1-T2 is for new players or those who like less complicated gameplay. T3 is for farming credits and developing your chops as a veteran pilot, as well as good tier for F2P players. T4 has all the core ships for endgame play, clan wars, etc.

Q: Why does the reconnaissance scenario always make the captain the least skilled player who absolutely has no idea how to play?!
A: The game selects the player with the strongest ship among everyone already loaded onto the battleground. We’re not currently planning on implementing a “dumbest player” captain mode, but you never know!

huii , lot of Infos , thx :slight_smile:

Isn’t this exactly the same as the one posted about 3 weeks ago…But then it had a shiney background and all…Not to mention they didn’t talk about the “hot topics” atm which everyone cares most about right now. 

Besides that, lotsa info :slight_smile:

Not to mention they didn’t talk about the “hot topics” atm which everyone cares most about right now. 

This +1

Isn’t this exactly the same as the one posted about 3 weeks ago… But then it had a shiney background and all… Not to mention they didn’t talk about the “hot topics” atm which everyone cares most about right now. 

This…

And that…

Some good information in there, thanks for that.

I especially like the part where it say this is the first new dev Q&A which seems to imply more of them are coming.

If so, where can we post our questions so they get put to the devs ?

Cause there are some issues about the last few patches and the lack of reaction to our feedback that I’d like to ask about… 

Good stuff

I’m going to assume no trading because it would mess with premium item sales?  Who would buy a blue with real cash, when you could save up credits for the actual best.

I’m going to assume no trading because it would mess with premium item sales?  Who would buy a blue with real cash, when you could save up credits for the actual best.

No, it is mainly in order to prevent people staying afk in battles and against farm bots.

Simply awesome news. I liked the part about Dreadnoughts!

:010j:

Can we expect the game to be fixed for mac users in time for the holiday Gold Standard winnings? 

Isn’t this exactly the same as the one posted about 3 weeks ago…But then it had a shiney background and all…Not to mention they didn’t talk about the “hot topics” atm which everyone cares most about right now. 

yes

When are we going to get more info on tier 5? 

Funny they evaded all hot questions community is interested right now.

Why in recent patches many prices raised? Why are they implemented WITHOUT any info in patchnotes?

When current loyalty/reputation disparity issues will be fixed?

When will you bring modules in line with current ship roles?

Do you plan to return to separate tiers in combat or that isn’t happening?

None of that answered.

Error, if devs won’t answer that you better rename it to "** The GRIM Future of Star Conflict"**

As of now I’m logging to get daily reward only. Questions unanswered, game going downhill. Who cares about dreadnoughts if you can’t fix current problems? Playerbase didn’t grow at all for past 2 weeks. I hope you know what that means. No money for you.

Actually it boils down to this. WORD OF MOUTH. 

If i tell some of my friends to stay away for so and so, and they tell their friends to stay away for so and so, there goes potential customers

when can we expect the ability to sell ships? i bought a ship i dont want and wish to sell it but cant, will we ever be able too? i know alot of people in the game would love this feature, also, you mentioned somewhere that we would have the ability to customize the color of our ships…will this be free? or will we have to pay GS for each color like stickers?..another thing, will we be able to spend credits to upgrade the amount of missiles we can carry on one ships?

when can we expect the ability to sell ships? i bought a ship i dont want and wish to sell it but cant, will we ever be able too? i know alot of people in the game would love this feature, also, you mentioned somewhere that we would have the ability to customize the color of our ships…will this be free? or will we have to pay GS for each color like stickers?..another thing, will we be able to spend credits to upgrade the amount of missiles we can carry on one ships?

I can answer some:

1. No, ability to sell ships won’t be implemented. As you can freely choose what ships to use, selling them would only provide you a way to get back some money on ships you won’t use and devs don’t want that. You need to grind your credits or by GS.

2. Amount of misiles won’t change - it’s balanced around standard game where you can use each ship only once. In arcade where ships respawn constantly guns play more important role.

Is there any way to upgrade DLC? I’d like to upgrade to Elite.

Is there any way to upgrade DLC? I’d like to upgrade to Elite.

All the DLCs are invidual, you want a different one, you buy it.

All the bonuses etc. stack.

I still find it hilarious how people think this Q&A is something new when it was posted propably a month ago for the first time lol