Thar'ga and DLC questions

Hello everyone!

I am a returning player that left shortly after destroyers were introduced (wasn’t fun getting owned by them every match). Since I came back star conflict has been pretty much everything i play, but i kinda hit a wall of indecisiveness. So here are my questions:

1.  I recently manufactured thar’ga and tried to find a build for it just to find out the research points were nerfed, which block some strong options such as +15% weapon damage. I have no clue as to what equipment to use either, because a fair bit has changed since i last played. 
  2. As previously mentioned, I got sucked up again and I’m currently thinking about buying some DLC and i would like some opinions about them if that isn’t a problem. With a 25€ budget the soldier of fortune seems a good deal for a returning/newer player. Besides that I have no clue what is essential and/or important to have, although i have heard a lot of praise for the object NY18 in game.

Thank you very much for your time and keeping this great game alive!

NY18 is pretty broken  right now so get it will its on sale and enjoy its brokenness while it lasts. Solider of Fournate is a good DLC but at half pprice they really all are good. And as for a good thar’ga build I would build it to how you like to play, see what you like and build around that. 

Thar’ga points were not touched for a long long time. If you build workarounds, you can fit all the nodes you want. For example if your aim is to have R9 for tournaments, you need to choose to keep very first damage bonus (15%? I think) or to switch special module. With crystal hunger alone it fits.
TBH with all those invincible covops/green mist wazgots around only viable choice for tharga is condensing crystals.

On 6/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, AnAngryWaffle said:

I am a returning player that left shortly after destroyers were introduced (wasn’t fun getting owned by them every match).

Just note right now that T5s and PurpGolds are definitely the destroyers of today.

Not as bad but still OP.