Temporary solution to the language barriers.

So, you all know how its like when you are in the trade chat or something, and a random russian PMs you, probably to buy or sell whatever you need, but you need to translate it fast, yet you cannot highlight the text from the game, and instead of going in the chat log files, you can use an easy app to help you, its available both for Android and iOS.

In case you were living under a rock, Google has a translating service, it also has an app which you can use to translate stuff on the go, but how is it any different? Well, it can make use of your camera to take a picture, it can identify text from many languages(as long as it can be read), you can highlight certain parts of it, and translate it into another language, so all that you have to do is point your phone’s camera at the screen, hold it close to the chat tab, get a nice focus on the text, select what you need and translate, easy and fast, try it out, it can be a good temporary solution until we will be able to highlight text directly in game.

Here is the app:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-translate/id414706506?mt=8

You can thank me later.

That will help a lot… from my experience i can say that translator programs often are not that accurate. But i think that this will do its job very well, when there are no complicated senteces used, like it should be in a trading chat.

It will just be hard for the russian names of items but thanks for the reminder.

It doesn’t solve anything when that russian guy expect a reply. But yes, it helps a lot.

Also, you dont even need to take a picture. Clicking the eye icon in camera view turns on live translation (it places the translated text with similar font overlaying original). It dont work with every language pair, but works Russian-English.

Wasn’t there a program, by, what his name from old WPK, that was live reading chat.log and giving you an option to translate it on the fly?

Just now, xKostyan said:

Wasn’t there a program, by, what his name from old WPK, that was live reading chat.log and giving you an option to translate it on the fly?

That program doesn’t work anymore because of the new chat system. It gives an error message when you try to load it.

Here’s the post, but it stopped working for me after they added trade chat. Terror sent me a new file that fixed it but idk if he updated the link here.

Edit: I guess he didnt from what eugene said

ah damn, he never added it to github to fork it ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

I watch the Russian streams through Google translate sometimes when I’m feeling lazy. XD

Though we really must address the major difference between Ru and En streams. Ru gets a lot more done.

26 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

ah damn, he never added it to github to fork it ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

that thing is just a web page and everyhting is in plain text in the sub folders. So you can still change stuff, the question is if Terrorblade would allow to redistribute a edited version. (Or if he would just share is onw fixed version)

A git reporsitority without a license would be the same as we have atm, not being allowed to reuse the code for our own purposes.

as they said, everything that is not prohibited is allowed

You need to put that quote on your profile for future generations to see. It’s perfect.

“Everything that is not prohibited is allowed.”

14 hours ago, Rob40468 said:

It doesn’t solve anything when that russian guy expect a reply. But yes, it helps a lot.

Also, you dont even need to take a picture. Clicking the eye icon in camera view turns on live translation (it places the translated text with similar font overlaying original). It dont work with every language pair, but works Russian-English.

If you need to reply to someone you can use the PC version, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on the text in russian, you know the drill.