Tech 5 Speculation

Since the servers are undergoing maintenance, I figured I’d invite everyone to share their knowledge, thoughts and hopes for what Tech 5 will bring to the table.  Will tech 5 be particularly unique? or will they simply be improvements on the tech 4s?

Personally  I’m holding out for hybrid ships, or at least ships that buck the trends.  An interceptor with a full 6 guns say, or maybe a frigate with the manoeuvrability of a fighter.

There are plans for unique T5 ships, but the release of T5 ships is far away.

I dream of a Federation Fighter that instead of cloaking will teleport out side of the map then allow me to choose a location and teleport back.  That way I can get the jump on snipers with out having to sneak across the entire map.

Though before that I would hope the developers rework the weapons a little.  I like the rails, but their slow rate of fire makes them hard to use.  The plasma feels better, more shots with less damage means I have more chances to hit in a dogfight.  I do not get that with rails…it is a liability.

All abilities, all ship basics, etc… will with 99% probability stay the same.

The fed fighter line goes lynx->fox->wolf->tiger. Maybe the next one will be cheetah?

They should make star carrier class. Slow, hulking, move slow as sh*t, crappy range, but can tank more than frigates, and deliver some scary damage @2km or something. Give them some great support (maybe like a perm buff aura for allies within 2km) and they could be like the ultimate bacon defenders. (bacon not beacon :slight_smile:

But yeah I agree rails need some MAJOR love next patch. Rapid fire rails feel like the world’s most inaccurate and least powerful sawed off shotgun at close range.

I dream of a Federation Fighter that instead of cloaking will teleport out side of the map then allow me to choose a location and teleport back.  That way I can get the jump on snipers with out having to sneak across the entire map.

Though before that I would hope the developers rework the weapons a little.  I like the rails, but their slow rate of fire makes them hard to use.  The plasma feels better, more shots with less damage means I have more chances to hit in a dogfight.  I do not get that with rails…it is a liability.

I had this same frustration with the rails actually, except I turned to the lasers for a solution.  If you have a quick hand you can win almost any 1 on 1 dogfight with ease, since you can just train them directly on the enemy ship and watch their health tick down while they desperately try to keep adjusting for your course.

Rails however seem to benefit most from the empire fighters’ overdrive, particularly if the enemy has a fairly weak shield: shredded.

As for me, an interceptor Pilot, I want the fastest ship in the game. (My current speed is 640 M/s) and can easily dodge missles with out flares. 

Or make the ships come with a CHOICE of specials to make NOT faction specific! 

Want an interceptor with a snipe ability? Sure! Want a fighter with drones? Why not! Want a frigate with overdrive? Go for it! 

I would rather have more module options. Allowing for more varied and new playstyles.