Talking about braking

Hi guys,

This is a thing that i’m not sure i can handle very well yet…

I mean braking form any speed to 0 and completely stop the ship…Game offers many keys to do that but I can’t still understand clearly what’s the best way to do that… Pressing afterburners while lowering speed (“S” key) makes the ship insta brake but it doesn’t put the speed exactely to 0 (that’s up to your ability) and when i do this approaching a ship with covop to plasma arc it, often i’ve already run out of energy and plasma doesn’t start at all…lol so fun. And ship is not exactely on 0 speed yet. In order to completely stop it u, got to press the “set speed to 0” key too. While if you use the “set speed to 0” key in order to brake without reversing speed… ship doesn’t brake at all…

So is there any other most effective way to insta stop the ship to 0 wich i don’t know yet…? It’s a bit weird I can’t find a key just for that…

I would also like to know, at the minute i just boost + reverse too. I had a look through all the hot-keys and there does not seem to be another option. The set speed to 0 just stops you from accelerating and your speed gradually drops to 0 as if you were not touching any keys

Insta stopping would kill the pilot. Don’t do it!

Ramming seems to be the fastest way to stop.  :crazy:

Hi guys,

This is a thing that i’m not sure i can handle very well yet…

I mean braking form any speed to 0 and completely stop the ship…Game offers many keys to do that but I can’t still understand clearly what’s the best way to do that… Pressing afterburners while lowering speed (“S” key) makes the ship insta brake but it doesn’t put the speed exactely to 0 (that’s up to your ability) and when i do this approaching a ship with covop to plasma arc it, often i’ve already run out of energy and plasma doesn’t start at all…lol so fun. And ship is not exactely on 0 speed yet. In order to completely stop it u, got to press the “set speed to 0” key too. While if you use the “set speed to 0” key in order to brake without reversing speed… ship doesn’t brake at all…

So is there any other most effective way to insta stop the ship to 0 wich i don’t know yet…? It’s a bit weird I can’t find a key just for that…

I don’t understand what do you want. Set thrusters to 0 doesn’t stop the ship, it just cut power, and the ship “somehow” starts decelerating. Arcade after all.

If you want to stop as fast as possible, what you said of reversing and using AB is the fastest way to do it. In case you want to stop at 0, is up to your skill to do that.

And I don’t see a problem about that. We should promote skill, not the lack of.

Next thing will be auto set speed with target… 

Next thing will be auto set speed with target…

They have that in Battlestar Galactica Online, perfect for coasting in a frigates blind spot. All it would mean in SCon is that any adaptive shield inty using it becomes an easy kill :wink:

Ramming seems to be the fastest way to stop.  :crazy:

Only viable response to this thread tbh. :wink: