Tai'Kin - Tai'thaq kinetic damage ignores Command's Diffusion Field!

Bug report:

Tai’thaq 10, 13 and 15 is bugged. Kinetic damage that bypasses shields also bypasses Command’s Diffusion Field special module, making Jericho commands useless in general, even with preventive measures!

Screenshot 1: (You can see all of the weapons for Tai’Kin - Tai’thaq variants.)

2qishab.png

Screenshot 2: (As you can see, I had full energy reserve, an active Diffusion Field and I was still receiving full kinetic damage from Tai’Kins Tai’thaq weapon!)

16c2gyr.png

Logs: (Time stamp: 02:11:50+ PM or 14:11:50+)

[2017.05.21 11.28.29.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=14315)

shield S can’t hold them ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

the only counter is using the R9 implant

Essentially, Jericho can’t make use of R9-1 then, which puts them at a serious disadvantage. Not to mention increased collision damage and 100-200 ping from NA being forced to play on RU servers… Still, 1 bump takes 4k shields off… This whole hull damage/bypasses shields is a fiasco. It’s rigged in favor of low pingers. I can think of a few more things which are ‘rigged’ in favor of certain individuals/corps at the expense of others, thus ‘exclusive’.

There is also a module available for jericho ships that does what the r9 does, I think.

Yea, so you basically lose a shield mod in the process. There goes 25% HP, or something… adaptive, what else u got? They’re all rather bad options.

1 hour ago, betatrash said:

Yea, so you basically lose a shield mod in the process. There goes 25% HP, or something… adaptive, what else u got? They’re all rather bad options.

Survival mode with that weapon can literally wreck frigates with 2-3 shots. For Jericho command, one shot is enough. So many Tai’Kins doing just that.

2 hours ago, betatrash said:

So what ? You expected to get a perfect counter to “Hull bypass” thing without any drawback ?

No, ‘shield bypass’ is a mechanic that should not exist. If it does, then those weapons should do 1/3rd the DPS of other weapons to compensate (or they lack your proverbial ‘drawback’). It’s all rather silly, zero experience in game design. Not to mention equipping a ‘counter’ to a single ship… is ludicrous.

5 minutes ago, betatrash said:

No, ‘shield bypass’ is a mechanic that should not exist. If it does, then those weapons should do 1/3rd the DPS of other weapons to compensate. It’s all rather silly, zero experience in game design.

Nah nothing wrong since you can counter it. And it’s super easy to do.

If you suffer from shield bypass, then it’s because you didn’t want to use one of the available options. 

So why haven’t you equipped it yet? Another Tai’Kin pilot? I don’t know of anyone who has/would equip it to counter a single unit.

Isn’t that weapon kinda subpar for anything else beyond gimmick murdering people driving a saw one?

Most alien stuff is a gimmick (to turn a sale), you’re right.

Focus gene, focus. By taking the gimmick commander murder gun you are giving up the gimmick homing murder everyone gun.

I wish I could answer that question, unfortunately, I can’t determine what the DPS is on that gun, because it’s not stated anywhere in descriptions.

It highly depends, since the ‘other gun’ is for frigates mainly, and some fighters. While Tai’thaq is better on inties, especially shield-tanked, and fighters, especially commands.

Anyways, I’m off to bigger and better things, like Quake Champions, which hopefully won’t be plagued by P2W gimmicks, or it would be a massive betrayal. Apparently, it won’t be any of that nonsense, single fee for all champs.

10 minutes ago, betatrash said:

I wish I could answer that question, unfortunately, I can’t determine what the DPS is on that gun, because it’s not stated anywhere in descriptions.

It highly depends, since the ‘other gun’ is for frigates mainly, and some fighters. While Tai’thaq is better on inties, especially shield-tanked, and fighters, especially commands.

Anyways, I’m off to bigger and better things, like Quake Champions, which hopefully won’t be plagued by P2W gimmicks, or it would be a massive betrayal. Apparently, it won’t be any of that nonsense, single fee for all champs.

If there is no description on that gun, it’s a bug. All information need to be present.

Sorry guys, this whole thread is hilarious. Looks like Koro - didn’t check his logs, and betatrash didn’t even bother to look at the second screenshot Koro posted in the first post. 
Lets do some analysis of what was claimed and posted here. Koro’s own logs:

14:11:50.535  CMBT   | Damage             GREG|0000034501 ->         ukio5555|0000035934 266.95 (h:242.33 s:24.61) Weapon_CorrosiveGun_T5_Epic KINETIC  

Hint: “h” is short for “hull”, “s” is short for shields - so there is a counter to this gun. Pretty obvious to anyone that pays just a little attention.

12 minutes ago, betatrash said:

First post, second screenshot, HUD, also - logs.

f5e8e67449dca349d2b7ca13fb90e3ca.png

This gun has minuscule DPS and countering it is very easy as well. 

242 after kinetic resists on hull is ~350 damage * 90 RPM = 525 DPS (unless zero resists), which makes absolutely zero sense. The numbers are not intelligible.

Actually, that makes a bit more sense, but that begs the question, why would anyone even use this gun? What is the purpose of shield bypass damage if it’s ridiculously hopeless? Unless the AoE trigger is such that you don’t have to impact the hull directly (huge difference). Still, it begs a lot of unorthodox questions.

Doesn’t Tai’Kin have a module which increases damage though? +150 per hit? so another 225 DPS? 750 DPS total? That’s a dead Jericho figher/inty in less than 5-6 seconds (3 seconds with 2 tai’kins). It also renders guard/command shields hopelessly ineffective, and recon’s parasitic remod as well. It’s like armor-ignoring damage in a sense.

I mean, I’m not even gonna get into the bubble gun also being able to kill frigates in 3 seconds… this is nonsense. Alien master race.

3 minutes ago, betatrash said:

242 after kinetic resists on hull is ~400 damage * 90 RPM = 36K DPS, which makes absolutely zero sense. The numbers are not intelligible.

RPM = rounds per minute, not per second. You can tell because it has an M for minute, not for second. DPS has an S which stands for second.

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Sorry guys, this whole thread is hilarious. Looks like Koro - didn’t check his logs, and betatrash didn’t even bother to look at the second screenshot Koro posted in the first post. 
Lets do some analysis of what was claimed and posted here. Koro’s own logs:

Hint: “h” is short for “hull”, “s” is short for shields - so there is a counter to this gun. Pretty obvious to anyone that pays just a little attention.

First post, second screenshot, HUD, also - logs.

f5e8e67449dca349d2b7ca13fb90e3ca.png

This gun has minuscule DPS and countering it is very easy as well. 

I never check my logs. This is Mr. Skula1975’s job. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Also, I know why this gun is used so commonly among Tai’Kins.

Most T5 PvP matches are in Survival mode. 1-3 hits with that weapon and every ship will occasionally lose enough hull to be destroyed, except for destroyers.

RIP Jericho ships.

What is your favourite food?