Taikin Instakill Button

Can we please fix this already? People with low ping just line up the ship, press button and insta-kill any frigate even with emergency barrier. Not even Stingray is that bad…

Appears to be Jump Drive special mod or whatever one jumps 5km leaving damage trail of EM. You die from “collision”. Certain people bring it out as soon as they cannot kill your ship via other methods.

Jump drive does need some serious balance. It’s like a Pyro emitter that lasts longer and turns the ship in to a cannonball.

Collision compensator if you can’t dodge it. Taikin collision is fixed to ~50k. Technically any recon can do this, but most only once per respawn.

The difference with other recons is that they have preparation and flight time, whereas the Taikin is instant. And they also seem to depend on hit angle. Further more, usually the other recon explodes upon impact.

The Taikin can do it 8 times per game or more, is instant move, and does not die because of using emergency statis.

With a balance change touting a lot of “player should have opportunity to retreat” and things being nerfed for being too effective with one shot, I’m amazed this didn’t get seen.

In worst case scenario - taikin vs destroyer - when equipped with double collision compensator taikin is doing 8k damage… So not that there is no counter to this. Every other ship is really hard to hit unless it’s stationary. Cmon. 8 times per game means that there are 8 sitting ducks with bad builds. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:43 PM, OwnageMaster said:

In worst case scenario - taikin vs destroyer - when equipped with double collision compensator taikin is doing 8k damage… So not that there is no counter to this. Every other ship is really hard to hit unless it’s stationary. Cmon. 8 times per game means that there are 8 sitting ducks with bad builds. 

Idk if you ever played with or against someone that knows how to use this jump effectively, you can definetly hit more than bad build or sitting ducks. Also saying that I need to use a Collision Compensator on my ships only to counter one module of one ship is ridiculous. Also a ECM right out of the metastable field IS a sitting duck, which is why he got the 1 sec invulnerability and guess what, the Jump drive just ignores it and can kill him before he can accelerate on any direction.