Tai'Kin - Hologram crystal resets any pending cool-down effects on the HUD

Bug report: (Tai’Kin - Hologram crystal module)

What happened?

Hologram crystal disrupts any other pending effects or cooldowns when the module expires (once a decoy blows up).

This also shows Rank 14 for a split moment, set at 0.0 sec. It does not reset it, but that’s another related issue. Once a decoy explodes, there should be no such case.

How to replicate this bug:

• Use R15 Tai’Kin.

• Use Hologram crystal module 17 (all implants up to R15 should be selected - select R14 Empire implant - Gigas III)

• Activate a decoy in Open Space, then use Tai’Kin jump (24 sec. cool-down)

• Wait until Decon is gone (detonates) -  Any/most currently pending cool-down or effects will be gone (bug 1), and Rank 14 implant will appear for a split second (bug 2)

Logs:

[2018.03.20 22.31.02.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=16494)

Video:

[@Skula1975](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239039-skula1975/)

On 3/21/2018 at 7:24 AM, Skula1975 said:

Mr. Skula, this annoying bug is still present. It makes Tai’Kin more vulnerable, especially if you have modules that restore some of its health or hull after each jump.

When the Decoy module expires - the decoy ship blows up, then any pending implant R14 cooldowns are no longer visible, along with any other cooldown modules.

This also applies if the countdown for Rank 14 implants just triggered upon collision. it will not show on the HUD.

The modules work as intended, only HUD elements are not present and not showing their status.

If you need more info or another video, let me know.

I am providing you with the latest logs, same issue.

Updated description:

When the Rank 14 implants disappear, now it can also happen that instead of Rank 14 implant - Neuroconnector ‘Gigas III’ icon, there is an icon for Virtual particle condenser 17 instead.

It’s also possible that the timer got bugged and instead of showing Virtual particle condenser module on cooldown, the timer was showing active cooldown of ±240 seconds for the R14 implant.

Hologram Decoy disrupts all shown HUD elements, including Rank 14 implants if they are active or about to get active after activated. However, in this case, Virtual particle condenser HUD icon was shown.

Screenshots:

(Hologram crystal - the main culprit that disrupts all active or pending HUD icons or elements on the screen)

exPlWp8.png

(Virtual particle condenser is shown instead of active Rank 14 implant, or the cooldown got mixed up with Rank 14 implant)

pFFf0Rp.png

Latest logs:

(Unable to post logs because there is no option to mark selected files to delete them.)

log koro

2018.05.28 23.54.58.zip

After Hologram crystal 17 explodes, HUD elements disappear, like R14 implants are invalid and missing, while other effects are missing until they can be reused.

Log update: Same issue, but somehow both icons triggered while some display elements did not show up. Further investigation is needed.

Screenshot:

Both icons are shown incorrectly - the implant effect sometimes triggers with a different implant, sometimes Virtual particle condenser 17 icon is shown instead of an Implant cooldown.

mh5MqnD.png

Logs: (±22:58:10 or ±10:58:10)

[2018.06.27 22.49.08.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17231)

Should I create a fresh bug report? This bug is still not fixed, yet it’s very annoying when playing PvP and Open Space battles.

I would really appreciate fixing this bug, since it was reported long before I posted it, not in March, but before 2018.

If you need more details, let me know!

On 8/11/2018 at 12:58 AM, Koromac said:

Should I create a fresh bug report?

No

On 8/13/2018 at 1:34 PM, Skula1975 said:

No

This bug is very annoying. I hope that it gets fixed in the next update/patch.

It’s actually quite an old bug.