Tai'al "balance"

So I just got the Tai’al today on a whim, and I want my 80 monos back.

I saw “2 powerful missiles” and expected them to be like never-miss guided missiles that do Flux phaser damage.

But no.

I fire three shots and it overheats for 5 seconds, and each shot -IF- both missiles hit the target only deals about 900 damage at Mk4 with supernova.

They miss 50% of the time too because not only is their turn speed exceptionally slow, but they squirm and squiggle all over the place as they fly, like there’s some forgotten piece of debris lodged in their engine nozzle.

Wtf.

So basically it’s a really really really EXTREMELY expensive weapon-mount dust-cover for your Taikin.

Under no circumstances would I ever recommend this weapon, aside for screwing over annoying players.

Refund or bust.

I’ve been using it not too long after Tai’Kin was released, it was pretty good back then, not a damage dealer but something to kite targets with, the nerfs weren’t really that needed, they are not that manoeuvrable and neither had too much DPS in the first place, they made it almost worse than the Plasma Gun.

it was one of the most annoying weapons ever and i was happy they were nerfed

nobody needs auto-aiming kiting snowflakes out there on the rim, annoying you to death

that playstyle was always detestable, and we had it over and over (a1ma builds, scatter gun recons, etc.)

i bet if you build your ship around the principle of range kiting and being a P.I.T.A., this weapon is still very effective, as a “i kill you slowly what ya’ gonna do” weapon. Maybe you just play too honorable by now to see how you could abuse it?

11 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Flux phaser

you should be ashamed you even use that weapon with your experience.

12 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

So basically it’s a really really really EXTREMELY expensive weapon-mount dust-cover

i do agree that the weapon prices for buildable weapons are a bit unproportional. but thats true for many others.

TL;DR version:

Iexpected an iWin button

I did not get an iWin button

9 hours ago, g4borg said:

you should be ashamed you even use that weapon with your experience.

Who said I used it. It was a point of reference for what I expected.

9 hours ago, g4borg said:

Maybe you just play too honorable by now to see how you could abuse it?

I’m flattered, but I’m genuinely at a loss. Maybe if players found out a way to make it suuuuper long range or get a bunch of players teamed up with it it could be powerful, but damn. This thing can barely take down beacon drones.