T2 Attack Drones (Missile Slot)

Attack drones become a problem when multiple engineers use them together

I found the keybind, but they do not return?  I haven’t really payed enough attention to notice that…but wtf?  Why not?  And yeah, of course, explosives can ruin an engie’s day.  That’s why I always keep a sweet roll nearby :wink:

It’s “working as intended.”  Like I said, they need micromanaged.  You must control your target locks if you use attack drones.

If they still have a target in range when you cancel lock they will keep attacking it regardless of lock because that’s what they do. Or at least that’s how it used to work

That’s still how they work, and you’re limited to two.  It’s not OP anymore.  :sad:

I think the main issue in T2 is that you meet many new pilots who simply don’t know what’s hitting them so they do not react properly. But as I said, the attack drones die to a single standard missile in T2 so if the target does react there is no problem.

They do die easily enough.  Their behavior used to make them harder to hit because they’d also jitter, but now they flow better which makes targeting easier.  Guided missiles are the easier option to kill them.  They also have a long cool down.

Attack drones become a problem when multiple engineers use them together

What doesn’t become a problem when multiples of them occur?

What doesn’t become a problem when multiples of them occur?

LRFs )))

LRFs )))

Oh that’s a problem alright, but usually for the team fielding them when they’re all sniping. :wink: Gunship LRF frigball is another matter.

I’ve always delt with them with plasma arc. I don’t even bother wasting a missle.

The issue I have with them is they show the unwary engineer where I am.

I lose a lot of ambushes because of those damn drones.

Kinda of what they are there for though.

If there attack was any less their damage wouldn’t get past my thermal resistance. Though then again, in T2 I can kind see how they would look impossible to beat to new pilots…

Hmm, a good question is do we lose players because the learning curve for T2 is a little high? I mean I get it, now the drones are not bad to kill. For me T2 or otherwise…

Are we losing people to play this game with because these drones are killing them because they don’t know how to conduct a proper attack?

Double post, delete(stupid phone)

Dont waste modules on them, just shoot them

I think that drones should only be able to travel as far as the engie’s sensor range allows.  I see that my drones are over 5K M away from my ship at times, which is ridiculous, considering that my engies have about 2500-3500 M sensor range.  It just makes them too useful, imo.  An engie shouldn’t be able to destroy a pilot just by locking on to them.

Dont waste modules on them, just shoot them

Sorry for the mix up. I was referencing the combat drones that circle the ship. I just dual use the arc for the ship and the drones.

Though yes, I normally just shoot down the attack drones.

I gotta say, the engineering frigate needs all the help it can get.  Compared to LRFs and Guards it’s totally outmatched at this tier.  They are also inferior to all fighters and all interceptors.  The fact that you have to give up your missile slot they’re easy to shoot down and take forever to reload they are actually underpowered comparatively to the unique things other ships get.  The the the drones which are bascially the only thing that the engineer has going for it because their “f” skill is just bad.

This is bringing up an old thread… 

LOL the Imperial Hydra2 Engineer does pretty well for T2   ( kind of like the Styx in T3 )

But in T2 attack drones have an higher probablity of damage and kills because alot pilots are still gaining knowledge of the game    and survivability of the ships are lower.     

Example -  using extended scanner module in the CPU slot on a Frigate you can lock on to a ship OUTSIDE of your main weapons range and send your attack drones out to attack.  (Drones do have a range limit)   Key to remember even if you hit cancel to remove the lock… once they have initated the attack… they may not break off.    

Also ,  say that ship you initially sent the drones after has bitten the dust … you then lock on to another ship that is close by the orginal ship… guess what… your attack drones will immediately attack that target instead of making thier way back to you.   

Usually in T3 or higher tiers or even in T2 with experienced pilots you will see the attack drones knocked off pretty quickly.  

Example -  using extended scanner module in the CPU slot on a Frigate you can lock on to a ship OUTSIDE of your main weapons range and send your attack drones out to attack.  (Drones do have a range limit)   Key to remember even if you hit cancel to remove the lock… once they have initated the attack… they may not break off.    

AFAIK drones will break off but they’ll just keep shooting anyway. 

Maybe the drones should scale with tier? 

I personally would not recommend sending your drones too far away.

1. They are too far away to help you, should you need it.

b. They fly too straight for too long ( gets them killed)

1. If you lose lock they fly perfectly straight back (this gets them killed quickly)

Also ,  say that ship you initially sent the drones after has bitten the dust … you then lock on to another ship that is close by the orginal ship… guess what… your attack drones will immediately attack that target instead of making their way back to you. 

Even finding a cluster and changing targets every 5 seconds or so. They start attacking before the lock is complete.

Lol, no, leave T2 modules and weapons alone. Sometimes too experienced pilots return to T2 to farm kills, little things like this prevent them to do so. New pilots are learning to shoot down those things on sight, thats good thing. Saying that attack drones are overpowered on t2 is like saying that Ion emitter, heavy blaster, cruise missile, desintegrator or torp is overpowered.

Lol, no, leave T2 modules and weapons alone. Sometimes too experienced pilots return to T2 to farm kills, little things like this prevent them to do so. New pilots are learning to shoot down those things on sight, thats good thing. Saying that attack drones are overpowered on t2 is like saying that Ion emitter, heavy blaster, cruise missile, desintegrator or torp is overpowered.

This is just my opinion and  to follow on your logic of leave T2 alone…  

It seems that for whatever reason T2 is treated like the “Red Headed Step Child”  of all the tiers  ( well it can be argued for T4) 

One example as I have never figured out the reasoning -   when they was a such an uproar about Jericho LRF the solution seem to “nerf” Jericho T2 Torpedo range to 8K  BUT in T3+ it remained at 10K 

T3 is treated as the GOLDEN CHILD … since so many ppl seem to have settled in it as the preferred tier

Yet why isn’t there a similar screams about farming kills in T3…  when you have TOP Notch Corps (3+squads) essentially doing the exact thing ?   

Yet why isn’t there a similar screams about farming kills in T3…  when you have TOP Notch Corps (3+squads) essentially doing the exact thing ?   

More than likely due to the fact that most games are 10 or 12 per side and a good mix of skills with most players having spent enough time in game that they probably expect

to meet some good players by T3. Of course if there is ever a T6 then this comment will probably be void and T1-T3 will be considered the learning tiers.

This is just my opinion and  to follow on your logic of leave T2 alone…  

It seems that for whatever reason T2 is treated like the “Red Headed Step Child”  of all the tiers  ( well it can be argued for T4) 

One example as I have never figured out the reasoning -   when they was a such an uproar about Jericho LRF the solution seem to “nerf” Jericho T2 Torpedo range to 8K  BUT in T3+ it remained at 10K 

T3 is treated as the GOLDEN CHILD … since so many ppl seem to have settled in it as the preferred tier

Because T2 still have beginner players mostly, but its still pretty balanced toward accuracy, because you cant do setups like immortal empire ships in t3+. T3 ships and up have bigger survivability, faster and have more modules to play with. T4 and T5 have the most slots and you have to really combine with right setup, while T3 is not so complex with creating such setup but have enough slots to create different loadouts fitting playstyle.