Supermassive black hole

That’s my problem. When you accelerate something, you add energy to it. By adding energy, the mass of the object increases, so you need more energy to accelerate it (it’s like the in-game resistances…). So, you’ll need infinite energy to accelerate something with mass to light speed. But I don’t think that this applies to gravity, too. Every object accelerates the same way. You can trow a 1 kg object and a 100 kg object down a building and they would hit the ground at the same time…

ever heard about kinetic and potential energy? Thats the Energy you’re looking for.

The distance I’ve put is 30000000 km

you are entering relativity anyway so we could talk about time getting very slow, for the moving object.

the gravitational pull would be on such massive scales bigger on one side of anything, than on the other side of anything. basicly it would pull it in like spaghetti, and nothing would withstand this.

Mathematically, the distance in the gravity equation is the dampener. since as larger the distance is, the smaller the resulting gravity will be;

Physically however time will change aswell and we would actually see the object resting somewhere at the event horizon…

But lets see another part of the example:

“The distance I’ve put is 30 000 000 km”

Thirty million kilometres.

That is not very much.

0.2 AU

100 light seconds.

Not with a black hole that basicly holds a galaxy together :stuck_out_tongue: and supposed to be 17 billion times the sun.

The Schwarzschild Radius of a black hole is according to wikipedia:

2.95 * M / Msun km.

meaning 2.95 * 17 billion km.

This can be seen as the “radius of the black hole” and is - hihi - defined by where the acceleration would hit the speed of light.

30 Mkm is therefore inside the black hole.

Which is basicly why it would not accelerate you past the speed of light.

A black hole cannot do that with you, without catching you first.

You would need a naked singularity for that (a virtual gravity source that has no physical mass), such a thing however probably does not exist.

since we dont know what the inside of a black hole looks like, it is safe to say, at 30 million kilometres, you also experience only a smaller part of the gravity that black hole has, as you are already part of its mass, and fairly deep inside the phenomenon; simply using a very small distance in the gravity formula can always shoot the number up, but since gravity is formed by mass, inside a gravitational object, your gravity reduces, as you reach the center of the source. oh yeah and dont forget, all this happens while you already are in the rotating spin of the phenomenon :stuck_out_tongue: additional speed!

30 Mkm is therefore inside the black hole.

Damn it, I knew it when I read that the distance is from the center of gravity… 

Anyway, I the time dilatation effect is felt only by an external observer. If you are the thing that gets pulled (and let’s say that you don’t turn into spaghetti first), you don’t fell any change, but you see that the events further away form the black hole happen faster and faster. 

That’s my problem. When you accelerate something, you add energy to it. By adding energy, the mass of the object increases, so you need more energy to accelerate it (it’s like the in-game resistances…). So, you’ll need infinite energy to accelerate something with mass to light speed. But I don’t think that this applies to gravity, too. Every object accelerates the same way. You can trow a 1 kg object and a 100 kg object down a building and they would hit the ground at the same time…

Gravity is definitely affected by relativity. The fact that general relativity describes gravity differently than Newton did is how folks found the first widely accepted evidence for general relativity.