Suggestion to PVE scores system & balance suggestion

Hi guys, this is a suggestion from me to the current PVE system:

1. My family member tested this game with me and did absolutely nothing and had 200 pts for the first stage of a PVE mission. Everyone I know agrees that points sharing should be changed to try and make everyone feel more well suited to each others scores. Basically sharing of scores from destroying mission objectives should be equal for everyone who shot at the critical target. There is some bugs like some people said if you did more damage to the mission target you should get higher score but that is not true for me. I shot longer at a Nav station and still had less score than my ally while I had tons of assists from using the Federation low level Raptor frigate.

Suggestion to change the current targeting system and AI issues:

1. After some testing, my friends and family acknowledge that when playing with me there are some targeting and AI issues. They notice that the AI seem to get lined up for them and get shot up very easily while they notice for me that my targeting system does not get the AI ships into sight easily. I tried testing with different sensitivity and yet still notice the result is the same, the AI lines up their ships and are literally sitting ducks for my team mates but not for me. They told me to suggest something on the forum so here is my suggestion: Change AI scripts and format the targeting system such that it is technically easier for any computer that can run the game.

Balance suggestion:

1. Make free synergy not use GS to transfer to other ships. Reason, I think it takes much more grinding to get higher levels which is a chore to people who have to work hard but do not get enough money to spend on computer games.

I know there are some people who do really well in this game like my Dad, but they admit the AI is too weird to be acceptable for a non beta game. He says formatting the AI scripts is needed and that it is unrealistic for one person to get the majority of the frags from AI ships while statistically I get less frags then him all the time out of the 90% of the games I played together with him.

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

it is not planned to change the system regarding point distribution. The better a player does, the more points he gets.

I think that there are certain missunderstandings of the game mode. As for Nav stations, you need to fly close to capture them and not shot them.

1. This is equal for all players and the AI behaviour is random.

Hi Error, this is not exactly true about the Nav stations, we do get to destroy them in Tier 1 Missions at least my friends and I get the mission quite often. Thank goodness I won a PVP match with 1 frag, that shows I am not poor at my pilot skills, but really my friends and family have noticed that the points system is misleading for our computers even when I got the most assists like 50+ using the low level federation frigate and getting a reasonable amount of kills.

My Dad is a cyber guardian (Savij) and say you got to change something in the point systems to satisfy people under his wing. This game has been labelled Pegi 12 so kids need to have a good online experience to play this game. Now I have hard time to contact Savij all the time but he supports my point of view.

BTW can you tell us when the next patch is exactly to satisfy our curiousity as to your game knowledge?

I will have a look on your gameplay during the week, maybe I can find the issue.

As for the next patch I cannot provide a date. Patches will be released when they are ready.

That is good Error, that means dev change is happening to make this game better, thanks!

Fairly new player here.

I am wondering how exactly the PVE mission point system works? Clearly its not based off kill count, and not only based on effort focusing on the objective. Ive done each and end up with few points while others have over 1000 by the end of the first round. I’ve tried mixing it up by doing a bit of both, cleaning up enemies that have started to crowd, as well as basically single-handedly take out some objectives, but I end up in the middle ground with points. Ive had rounds where I dominate kills and assists but little to show for it in points.

I have a feeling it is just due to my own ignorance of how the system works, but I can’t seem to find any explanation anywhere (To which I may just be blind XD)

Fairly new player here.

I am wondering how exactly the PVE mission point system works? Clearly its not based off kill count, and not only based on effort focusing on the objective. Ive done each and end up with few points while others have over 1000 by the end of the first round. I’ve tried mixing it up by doing a bit of both, cleaning up enemies that have started to crowd, as well as basically single-handedly take out some objectives, but I end up in the middle ground with points. Ive had rounds where I dominate kills and assists but little to show for it in points.

I have a feeling it is just due to my own ignorance of how the system works, but I can’t seem to find any explanation anywhere (To which I may just be blind XD)

Kills and assists give out efficiency based on the portion of damage you did. If you did all the damage, you’ll get 20 efficiency. If you did half, 10. If you barely did any, 1. Stuff like that. It doesn’t consider your  DPS or how long you were shooting at someone, just the damage you did.

Beacons give out a flat 100 efficiency if you helped to capture them, period. So long as you were there, even if it was just for a few seconds, you’ll get the points. Of course, if you’re not a gunship or covert ops that actually needs to get out of the beacon capture radius to do your job, it’s a bit of a jerk move to do that sort of thing.

Other objectives give out varied efficiency points. I believe that destroying the nav stations in the second stage of Blackwood gives out 350 total efficiency points. They’re all entirely based on how much damage you did to them.

The only thing in the game that does not hand out efficiency entirely based upon portion of damage dealt is killing the captain in Combat Recon - getting the kill shot gives you an extra 350 efficiency. Maybe its a DPS issue? If your builds don’t do enough damage, you won’t get that much efficiency.

Hi guys, this is a suggestion from me to the current PVE system:

1. My family member tested this game with me and did absolutely nothing and had 200 pts for the first stage of a PVE mission. Everyone I know agrees that points sharing should be changed to try and make everyone feel more well suited to each others scores. Basically sharing of scores from destroying mission objectives should be equal for everyone who shot at the critical target. There is some bugs like some people said if you did more damage to the mission target you should get higher score but that is not true for me. I shot longer at a Nav station and still had less score than my ally while I had tons of assists from using the Federation low level Raptor frigate.

Suggestion to change the current targeting system and AI issues:

1. After some testing, my friends and family acknowledge that when playing with me there are some targeting and AI issues. They notice that the AI seem to get lined up for them and get shot up very easily while they notice for me that my targeting system does not get the AI ships into sight easily. I tried testing with different sensitivity and yet still notice the result is the same, the AI lines up their ships and are literally sitting ducks for my team mates but not for me. They told me to suggest something on the forum so here is my suggestion: Change AI scripts and format the targeting system such that it is technically easier for any computer that can run the game.

1. Like statue said, efficency is given according to your damage amount. Its clearly you are talking about blackwood PVE map. Efficency is a pretty nice indicador on how well you did to pull out the mission (except for fort muerto where you get tons of efficency points for taking turrets (wich is important but its just half of the work) and the guy who shoot ships (same as important as taking out turrets) gets less than 5 times score than the 1rst one got), and that considers mainly the damage you deal to structures as well to enemy ships. In blackwood I usually get the highest score since i kill about 90% of the ships and deal like 85% of the damage to them (because i use coils: kill one ship and blow up the rest of the group/shoot 1-3 shots and kill most of the ships) and i also deal a high % of dmg to nav stations. If you get low score, you got to learn how to do it well.

2. I dont know what you mean about targeting issues and the line up thing. First of all, to make any comparison you must have equal conditions: that means using the same ship (with same mods, weapons, implants, synergy level and booster), having the same ping (weapon convergence is heavily affected by this as well for leading targets), positioning in the same spot, using the same “targeting” conditions (like aim assist on/off, ping prediction on/off, same autotarget configuration, etc). When you say “the AI seem to get lined up for them and get shot up very easily while they notice for me that my targeting system does not get the AI ships into sight easily” i think about two things: A) Position. B) Weapon and ping/aim assist. (maybe a “C” could be for shooting and moving skills). When you say “the AI lines up their ships and are literally sitting ducks for my team mates but not for me” makes me think that your team mates are standing still (therefore one of the posible actions for bots is to stand still since the distance is the same and since they are not getting shot, standing still makes shooting easier and more effective) and you are moving or shooting them.

I do support a change for shooting and moving mechanics related to ping because high ping means: 1) your ship will wobble if you have enough turn rate and a fast strafe will kick your aim hard when you dont accurately expect it, both means your aiming process will get much harder (big disadvantage). 2) shooting will get delayed (no big deal for lasers). 3) shooting will mean shots will have to be extra leaded in order to hit a moving target (the lead marker is a good solution, but doesnt work for fast active manouvering ships (you cant make slight changes where prediction lead is in order to hit target…shots will go waaay behind), and when you have a close ship the lead marker can get up to 5 times smaller than the ship itself…making ridiculous to miss a target that uses half of your screen when you aim well). 4) Weapon convergence will get messed up (ive made test shooting at about 80m from a cargo ship (big one) right near the lead marker, and shots go everywhere except where the ship is (something impossible to do with 0 ping)). 5) you react slower (nothing to do there…no big deal either).

AMEN

In PvE, do note that Punisher (Boss) is worth 20 points total. 

Crappy little interceptor bot that takes 2 seconds to kill is also worth 20 points total.

To gain points in PvE, deal a larger percentage of damage to the largest number of enemy ships you can.

Shoot weak ones first as they still give the same points as tougher ones.

Capture beacons if you can, they are worth 100.

Destroy nav stations to get a percentage of the total points (350)

Destroy turrets where possible as they are worth 90 points however they don’t give synergy.

If you have buff assists like engineer/command aura or deployable stations like microlocator, you can gain buff assists of 5 points per destroyed enemy within its range regardless if you shot it or not.

PvE points system is basically run on percentage  of damage dealt to individual objects, “buff/de-buff” assists of 5 points per enemy and 100 points per beacon.

Frigates generally get more points due to area effects, area damage and drones, or high damage.

Command fighters can also gain a bit due to large radius area effect. Tackler later on with drones but in low tiers not so much. Gunships maybe.

Interceptors usually get the lowest score because they do not  possess many area damage weapons and only the recon has a noticeable area effect - microlocator. They excel more at destroying single targets.

Or you’re like me and not care about the points and just get the mission done as fast as possible because that’s where 99% of the reward is.

I like the points system and usually get more in the 2x battle. Sometimes I just do it as fast as possible but generally don’t grind pve these days :slight_smile:

In PvE, do note that Punisher (Boss) is worth 20 points total. 

Crappy little interceptor bot that takes 2 seconds to kill is also worth 20 points total.

To gain points in PvE, deal a larger percentage of damage to the largest number of enemy ships you can.

Shoot weak ones first as they still give the same points as tougher ones.

Capture beacons if you can, they are worth 100.

Destroy nav stations to get a percentage of the total points (350)

Destroy turrets where possible as they are worth 90 points however they don’t give synergy.

If you have buff assists like engineer/command aura or deployable stations like microlocator, you can gain buff assists of 5 points per destroyed enemy within its range regardless if you shot it or not.

PvE points system is basically run on percentage  of damage dealt to individual objects, “buff/de-buff” assists of 5 points per enemy and 100 points per beacon.

Frigates generally get more points due to area effects, area damage and drones, or high damage.

Command fighters can also gain a bit due to large radius area effect. Tackler later on with drones but in low tiers not so much. Gunships maybe.

Interceptors usually get the lowest score because they do not  possess many area damage weapons and only the recon has a noticeable area effect - microlocator. They excel more at destroying single targets.

I think, your explanation will be good to show up before first 5 PvE battles for all newbies!