Styx engineer gameplay

Here is a video of engie gameplay. I wanted to be a tutorial but i forgot to speak during gameplay.

Why the flares? Engineers are the role with more role modules and you are using a multipurpose on them?

Is it effective at all if you compare it with an energy emitter, another egg, a barrier or even a warp gate?

Also players using Eclipse + Drones deserve a place in hell, most annoying combo I’ve ever seen!

Specs? I love my Styx, first r9 I fully elated and purple’d. Run gigs for implants, 2 plates and the other resist buff for around 63k total (iirc) but haven’t experimented with the new em cannon thing. The drone combo works?

Nice video, engi game play was needed in my opinion and coming from you its even better. It seem more and more people are posting video, which is cool  :good:

Hey resi, u mad bro?

Why the flares?

If you play offensive engineer then the combat drones are a major part of your dps. Flares give you a chance to keep them alive. At least that’s the main reason I see (counter ECM implants aside ofc) - while flares are one of my favourite modules I would not use them on an engineer either because the dps I potentially gain does not make up for the team bonus lost.

PS: I was just in a T4 combat recon and our captain was a Styx without hull heals. Now I’ve seen it all.

I have tested a different configuration than my usual.  I used flares to preserve my drones, but there was energy loss so I abandoned that configuration.

Good thread, i see you a lot, and you rock, so good source to learn from. Configuration available somewhere or it’s a secret?

With the low cd of rockets and the fact that you may get a lof them from diff enemies + the fact that jerry lrf mostly focus on engineers I still find flares useless

Why the flares? Engineers are the role with more role modules and you are using a multipurpose on them?

Is it effective at all if you compare it with an energy emitter, another egg, a barrier or even a warp gate?

Also players using Eclipse + Drones deserve a place in hell, most annoying combo I’ve ever seen!

Can’t speak for LudwigHR but for me having Flares servers helps as the intial assault is usually an attacker launching a missile to take out the drones.   Also with the swarm of torpedos flares works wonders in at least providing a slight hinderance in guidance.

And as for us “Players using Eclipse + Drones”      

Oh you just don’t know as it works wonders in making life a little miserable for those nasty little bugs that fly around trying to knock you out.    

A simple miss with the first missle by an attacker (due to the flares) and now you have 4 little drones blasting away at the attacker…and the end results and usually not good for them as the drones are relentless.      

Can’t speak for LudwigHR but for me having Flares servers helps as the intial assault is usually an attacker launching a missile to take out the drones.   Also with the swarm of torpedos flares works wonders in at least providing a slight hinderance in guidance.

And as for us “Players using Eclipse + Drones”      

Oh you just don’t know as it works wonders in making life a little miserable for those nasty little bugs that fly around trying to knock you out.    

A simple miss with the first missle by an attacker (due to the flares) and now you have 4 little drones blasting away at the attacker…and the end results and usually not good for them as the drones are relentless.      

I knew why he was using them before asking, but wanted to make sure, still think they are pointless, in a 1v1 situation is ok, but in 12v12 games I doubt you are going to go rambo and I doubt the flare will help you from a decent team taking you out of position ^^

Nice vid LHR.