Stupid pvp SO MANY DEFEATS !

What is this xxxx?

I do not stop to chain defeats without stop!

(my record, 19 défeates no stop)

Make 1 victory for 10 battles

I’m rarely aggressive, but now I’m really fed up !

winning on a team of random strangers can be difficult on your own, but the amount you can do on your own will increase the amount of weight you can carry and because group performance is not linked to credits or exp gain, if you do well even on a loss you  get rewarded for it.

In reality, winning in random battles does not matter. Many people think it does which is the driving force behind a lot of their decisions, some of them poor or rulebreaking, but as long as you yourself do not play terribly and you do the best you can, it is not your fault. Sometimes people will get incredibly bent out of shape when you do well but that is the funny and rewarding part.

In tournament on the other hand, when people show up and purposely try to throw a game, or act unsportsmanlike, or just rage and disconnect, they are an incredible detriment to what that group they are playing with is trying to do, because in a tournament people should be of like minds with the objective to win.

idk what ya talkin about games are quite balanced to get 1,00 W/L

*Click, it’s close to 1,00 W/L*

0.80   ratio --’

Mh… I don’t know but I have lately way more wins then defeats, so I wouldn’t call the matches balanced.

http://82.196.1.93/forum/activity/John161/?from=2015-12-19&to=

Mh… I don’t know but I have lately way more wins then defeats, so I wouldn’t call the matches balanced.

http://82.196.1.93/forum/activity/John161/?from=2015-12-19&to=

I encounter steamrolls frequently, regardless of which side I am on.

Defeat chains? make a short break, play something else, return with fresh motivation. Don’t forcily expect to win most of matches. Does wonders. You have always 50% chance for pubs to win.

Defeat chains? make a short break, play something else, return with fresh motivation. Don’t forcily expect to win most of matches. Does wonders. You have always 50% chance for pubs to win.

It’s a little more complicated than that. Versus say, sync launching, one of the loopholes to get organized teamplay into random battles, You don’t really have a chance. If they all land on one side, as a single person you can’t win versus that much coordination. If they land on two sides, cheap play can come into effect where one side for whatever reason can purposely throw the game. In these situations you do not have a chance.   But in every situation where its randoms  versus randoms as a single player, your ability to win is directly related to how much dead weight you can carry versus how much weight there is to carry and how this relates to what this situation is for the other team.  You can win a lot of random games with brute force alone, even on beacon capture modes. You just have to smartly place where the brute force needs to happen. Steamrolls on the other hand in such a setting where both teams are random and no sync launching type things have happened, occur when one side has more skilled players, or when one side is almost entirely comprised of dead weight. It’s rough but random battles are a primary gameplay staple and since skilled and competitive oriented players will always be in a minority they can not be catered to within the primary staple that the business uses to attract and retain players.

So basically have to deal with it or find something else to do. Steamrolls however need mitigating factors to keep them from happening because they can negatively impact player retention.  Noncomp oriented players get frustrated and comp oriented ones get bored regardless of skill level. This is probably why tournaments are starting to become a bigger and bigger thing as easily accessable tournaments can keep both sides happy as comp oriented players are more inclined to tryhard in tournaments and thus scare off less potential customers.

Just find an organised team to play with, using TS or some other communication to coordinate. You’ll be getting win upon win in no time. Though due to this awful 2-man squad max this is harder to do. You just have to launch all at the same time and hope you get in to the same match.

I play with my corp on mumble.

But I play solo in pvp.

We use mumble for chat or play in open space or pve. But not often in pvp.

He has a point…actually sooner or later Win/loss should gravitate towards 1:1. Simply because one pilot is not making that much of a difference, especially not with so many players in one battle lately.

That is not happening though, its quite a mystery. If you look at people, most have something around 0,8 or 0,9. That acutally makes no sense since then an equal number of 1,1 or 1,2 people should exist, which is not the case.

Cause there are pilots like this:

http://www.frogswarm.fr/sc/?nick=Milfeulle

http://www.frogswarm.fr/sc/?nick=Takamina

On top of that win ratio is a ratio, if you translate it into meaningful win percentage, you will see that 70% win with 1000 pvp battles and 70% with 10 000 pvp battles will be quite a different number as a ratio.

Long story short… you’re just needing to get better.

OP has a point actually. I don’t remember MM being so excruciatingly bad as it has been for the last few weeks. Too few vets, too many Aces to carry, matches are predetermined wins or losses, andtthere are no squads to compensate for the time wasted with idiots on your team match after match ad infinitum.

W/L is something you can orient yourself in many ways, if you want to reflect your current efficiency

high win, low loss, could also mean you prefer to play winner games; indirectly you can even farm it by seeking the population that you can win against most easily, or just be social enough to always fly with good players only.

Since that does not reflect your personal skill therefore by itself, only by the combination of your personality and circumstances, all you should measure is, where your stats are gravitating.

It is up to yourself to find the correct environment to grow, where the rewards are high enough to give you growth, while the games are pushing you to the limits, but never overwhelm or underwhelm you. This is true for any game, or sport, or activity in life.

Having the best stats of the whole playerbase is indeed an achievement, and why not go for it, but even the most awesome xxxx pew pew ninja out there can just become a whiny egoistic rambo wannabe, causing your team to lose more than win, and whose stats do not reflect his future potential, only his past passion.

So better now than later to keep stats as what they are, and not build your ego on it.

Doesn’t matter what you did in the past if you suck in the moment.

Might be that W/L depends (statistically) also on Teams. There were times when u could play in teams which had high effect on W/L ratio. 

If u want better stats i think playing in T3 with a team or playing T4 solo used to be good, now i dont really know.

I made the experience that in Capture games, Recons often cant do the trick if ur team is already losing. I believe in general, guard ships or engineers help most overall. Guards can soak up lotta dammage and allow your time time to regroup. Commands dont really work very well, despite their buffs.

IMO a well positioned guard is best for Win/loss, especially if u are not a good player. Just try to build it defensively, and stay alive as long as possible.

If you’re playing with regular grind tree ships, that is part of why it’s getting harder and harder to be competitive. My approach all along, since 2013, was that grind ships should be first priority. 99 elite ships into it plus several more with 7/10, 8/10 synergy, reaching rank 15 three times over… grind tree ships are depressingly inferior to premiums and secret project ships. I used the forums for extra wisdom in configuring these things. I watched all the upper ranks videos I found. The info is abundant and usually correct about how to find best options for grind ships, but the ships do stay inferior. With all this extra input, grind tree ships can’t do much in a field with premiums and secret projects.

Grinders end up playing pve exclusively then quitting when it gets old. That’s not how I hoped it would be. I resisted accepting it for a long time.

If you’re playing with regular grind tree ships, that is part of why it’s getting harder and harder to be competitive. My approach all along, since 2013, was that grind ships should be first priority. 99 elite ships into it plus several more with 7/10, 8/10 synergy, reaching rank 15 three times over… grind tree ships are depressingly inferior to premiums and secret project ships. I used the forums for extra wisdom in configuring these things. I watched all the upper ranks videos I found. The info is abundant and usually correct about how to find best options for grind ships, but the ships do stay inferior. With all this extra input, grind tree ships can’t do much in a field with premiums and secret projects.

Grinders end up playing pve exclusively then quitting when it gets old. That’s not how I hoped it would be. I resisted accepting it for a long time.

buahahahahahahhahahh

Cause there are pilots like this:

http://www.frogswarm.fr/sc/?nick=Milfeulle

http://www.frogswarm.fr/sc/?nick=Takamina

On top of that win ratio is a ratio, if you translate it into meaningful win percentage, you will see that 70% win with 1000 pvp battles and 70% with 10 000 pvp battles will be quite a different number as a ratio.

Is it supposed to say unicum ?  unicorn . . . the other one sounds pretty wrong.

oZYpY1A.png

Is it supposed to say unicum ?  unicorn . . . the other one sounds pretty wrong.

oZYpY1A.png

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=unicum

It actually means unique.

pshh u only great? i’m unicum nub.