Stuff

How it looks like

456.jpg.67818a91b1841efc1c3c506e0dea5824.jpg

How it feels like

123.jpg.8eb986326be81fb2ba80043c6ce8d19f.jpg

I just wanted to share my frustration whenever i try to play/build this ship and then just end up flying mjolnir instead, old is gold i guess.

BTW spare me the mainstream spam and just laugh with me.

Do u want my build Orca? ill happily give it away

at this point the only reason that I got thar’ga is for missile reload

The only reason to fly Tharga is to abuse it’s strafe acceleration bug, without it it is just meh

What i was trying to point out is you can only use the first 3 branches of the node tree and thats that, after that pick one node out of the remaining ones until you cap the evo points, the modularity part is what im disappointed at.

26 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

The only reason to fly Tharga is to abuse it’s strafe acceleration bug, without it it is just meh

Can you explain it?

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Can you explain it?

Antifriction Sphere increases also strafe acceleration, which increases you strafe acceleration by 3times and adding a Synthesis Sphere increases Acceleration by 3.3 times while increasing you strafe max speed. If you then just go and wiggle with active afterburner you are really hard to it (as it used to be with the old Inertial Stabilizer on Interceptors).

Tetroxide Injector the Normal equivalent to the Antifriction Sphere doesn’t add this Strafe Acceleration which is why it gets considered as a bug by a few persons (I would just call it bad balancing).

Seems like a legit bug.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Seems like a legit bug.

eh…? Not a bug, thargas strafe has been there since it was released. Thats the only reason why u play the thing to begin with, they have nerfed it already but not to the point where the tharga is useless, lets keep it that way.

Yes but there is still a lot of fine work required to bring out thargas potential other than ridiculous stats cause by bugs or bad development.

13 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Seems like a legit bug.

It is!

I’ve chatted again with the pilot, TERRORBLADE.

This is a huge bug that can be exploited or abused. You can bet that all players that are aware of this, are using it.

That explains ridiculous evasion almost against all missiles and projectiles.

Put two Antifriction spheres 15 - Mark 4 and one Synthesis sphere 15 - Mark 4, along with Rank 5 Federation Implant - Alpha Inhibitor - ‘Cheetah’ (increases strafe speed by 75%).

Yes, only one modifier should be equipped for the Antifriction sphere.

11 hours ago, DeathWasp said:

eh…? Not a bug, thargas strafe has been there since it was released. Thats the only reason why u play the thing to begin with, they have nerfed it already but not to the point where the tharga is useless, lets keep it that way.

Well, you’re using Thar’Ga this way by abusing this currently bugged mechanics, that’s why you oppose it. Like many other people, except for me.

I don’t care about Pilot’s profile statistics, but I want to have fun and challenging games without resorting to such exploitative methods.

10 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Yes but there is still a lot of fine work required to bring out thargas potential other than ridiculous stats cause by bugs or bad development.

In my personal opinion, I could be wrong, is, that developers have only basic knowledge or expertise in programming. Lack of skill and experience can play a major role in this.

I do not believe that the cause of this is just a bad development, there could be a lack of properly and adequately trained personnel, but it’s enough to come to such assumptions.

problem is actually not the tharga, its the wazgot and the taikin currently, still, imho. wazgot has some crazy spells, while the taikin is way too mobile overall. all elly ships can use their mobility anyway.

thargas are really okay to kill by now, and they are not so mobile that you cant hit them.

7 minutes ago, Koromac said:

currently bugged mechanics

those mechanics are not bugged, they are just like they are. it says what it does, bug means it does something else than it says.

and i dont like the fact anyway, that the new elly modules are a bit too artsy, and present blood magic as their “downside”, which is actually just a fake effect on a shiptype with so many healing sources.

tbh. i only use the mobility of the tharga with one sphere of each, and have old school modules in it, and a gauss, and it feels quite balanced that way.

14 minutes ago, g4borg said:

i only use the mobility of the tharga with one sphere of each, and have old school modules in it, and a gauss, and it feels quite balanced that way.

Well, only one modifier should be allowed - one Antifriction sphere 15 - Mark 4. That’s the first step.

I also agree with the Waz’Got strafe bonus “strafe” modifiers. They need to change or get nerfed.

49 minutes ago, g4borg said:

it says what it does

not quite. it just says it adds ship acceleration unlike some other module which specifically say they add strafe acceleration as well. I assume ship acceleration to mean forward thrusters

35 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

not quite. it just says it adds ship acceleration unlike some other module which specifically say they add strafe acceleration as well. I assume ship acceleration to mean forward thrusters

It increases the afterburner acceleration factor and not the base acceleration and we have no module that does the same, so it does what it says, it is just inconsistent with some similar but different enough modules.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

Well, you’re using Thar’Ga this way by abusing this currently bugged mechanics, that’s why you oppose it. Like many other people, except for me.

I don’t care about Pilot’s profile statistics, but I want to have fun and challenging games without resorting to such exploitative methods.

Can you please explain how its a bug when you are allowed to fit your ship to favor strafe instead of other factors, turn for example. Clearly you dont know the meaning of the word bug. (A software bug (or just “bug”) is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, fault or “undocumented feature” in a computer program that prevents it from behaving as intended). Now, thargas strafe has already been nerfed. Tharga in general has been nerfed CONSTANTLY with each “ship nerfs”, people come up with new setups that work good and here comes the whiny b**** crying about it being too OP as usual. 

This discussion was about evo points killing the fun in modularity of the ship, most builds rely on first 3 branches of the tree and the remaining ones you can barely activate anything useful due to high evo points cost. I was wondering if anyone else noticed it that maybe pushing the rank barriers a bit lower would fix the rather odd issue without redoing evo points on each node. idk how else to explain it.