Strange fps drop on dreadnought battles

Hello dev team,

Maybe by this title the first thing you would ask is how much my ping is when connecting to a server. I am afraid I can’t say that because I don’t even know where to look at it ingame.

But all PVP and PVE modes with more than 16 people connected at the same time have been running quite fluently, and there was no trouble with fps rate whatsoever since last updates (thanks skula).

So, as a programmer myself, I am near convinced that the dreadnought game entities can actually be the problem, don’t know which problem in particular thought. Saying that, I consider dreadnought battles take place on official servers that are supposed to be the same as the PVE and PVP worldwide ones that gave me no trouble, which makes it even stranger.

I will try to post the logs later

Thanks,

javier

You can check your ping clicking the F11 button.

Dreadies emit excessive amounts of particle effects, that can drop your fps. Mostly when dreadnought main caliber hit asteroid travelling in the middle of battlefield.

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay, just figured out thow to display my fps and ping. Just did a dreadnought battle with a 120 ping and around 4-10 fps. I have a hard time aiming and shooting even against drones.

Well, finally got the logs of an actual dreadnought battle

BTW thanks again skula1975 for your previous fixes on the game core for linux, I know this can be a bit too much to ask, but I would be very thankful if you can check if there are some issues between the linux opengl renderer and the game itself.

I am running Ubuntu, my uname -a is

Linux zapatofono 3.16.0-38-generic #52~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 8 09:44:48 UTC 2015 i686 athlon i686 GNU/Linux

My specs are:

-3GB Ram

-AMD E-350 1600MHz processor

-Radeon HD 6310 graphic card

[2015.06.08 11.56.46.tar.gz](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=9441)

How many FPS do you get normally? The card you mentioned is a pretty weak one so its natural for it give you low FPS in a fx-heavy dreadnought battle

Can’t look at it now, but normally it between 20-30 fps, so it runs perfecly well, I can shoot everything.

At least, if my hardware is the troublesome one, I hope in future updates they can  provide a way to make dreadnought battles run in the lowest graphical detail as possible, so computers with enought graphic card to play pvp or pve can actually play dreadnoughts decently.