Storm Viking Vs Wakizashi AE

Help me decide what ecm line to go down, you nerds. I love you guys.

Waki bc of the extended duration on modules. Not sure is storm has that too but I say Waki AE all the way.

Waki bc of the extended duration on modules. Not sure is storm has that too but I say Waki AE all the way.

Storm has extended ecm module range (a whopping 50%) and more weapons bonuses, so it seems more of a ecm-and-shoot to death than a ecm-and-let-fleet-shoot to death to me.Though… blah. I have rank 4 interceptors for both Jericho and Empire. If you’ve followed me at all in the forums you can likely see that I’m a very much frigate-focused pilot–love my emp engies and Jeri guards, but I want to get into interceptors and fighters now too. I have a preference for leadership fighters and ecm interceptors… and love the Empire aesthetic. Conveniently, I don’t care for Fed playstyle and the two classes I want to go into are available for both Empire and Jeri, so it’s just a matter of choosing which faction’s line to go down first.

The Storm Viking is more survivable than the Waki AE in my opinion, and has a bigger area of denial range. It’s great on huge maps where you need the extra range to siphon the energy of a Command well before weapons range or if you like playing with System Hack.

The Waki AE has the duration bonus like the Nodachi, which gives it, in my opinion, one of the best ECM bonuses in the game. A properly fitted AE can have a 3.7 second Stasis, which can be devastating to any pilot without Proton Walls. The Waki AE also has a bonus to weapon overheat, so if you like holding down M1 like me (because I can’t aim), the bonuses will tie in nicely to your playstyle.

I would rate the AE a higher tier of desirability, simply because of the duration bonus. However, if you need a larger area of denial that comes with the Storm Viking, use that inty instead.

The Storm Viking is more survivable than the Waki AE in my opinion, and has a bigger area of denial range. It’s great on huge maps where you need the extra range to siphon the energy of a Command well before weapons range or if you like playing with System Hack.

The Waki AE has the duration bonus like the Nodachi, which gives it, in my opinion, one of the best ECM bonuses in the game. A properly fitted AE can have a 3.7 second Stasis, which can be devastating to any pilot without Proton Walls. The Waki AE also has a bonus to weapon overheat, so if you like holding down M1 like me (because I can’t aim), the bonuses will tie in nicely to your playstyle.

I would rate the AE a higher tier of desirability, simply because of the duration bonus. However, if you need a larger area of denial that comes with the Storm Viking, use that inty instead.

You say that but I hear “Saint you’re bad, just go for them both”

I suppose I’ll have to do that. I do love the Viking design, but the AE sounds like a nice death sentence to those T5 guards.

You say that but I hear “Saint you’re bad, just go for them both”

I suppose I’ll have to do that. I do love the Viking design, but the AE sounds like a nice death sentence to those T5 guards.

The correct way to use the waki AE is to equip doomsday missiles on it, along with stasis generator. Simply fly up around 2km away from your unlucky target, fire the missile, and stasis them for almost four seconds.

Both ships are extremely useful in their own ways. Obviously, the Waki-AE has the duration bonus, which is fantastic. Having a 3 second stasis and almost 10 second ion diffuser is wonderfully annoying. On the other hand, the Storm Viking has a range bonus, which is also very useful.

I’ve also found the Storm Viking to be more survivable, and it also does more damage than the Waki-AE. 

My personal fave is the Storm Viking, but both are very good.