stick vs mouse

new to the game,so this will be short,why did you invest in the time to add joystick into the game but did not invest the time to make it competitive?

it’s sad that I cant really play a flight game with mouse and keys because it does not inspire me to play,but I can fly well in this game with stick, just cant hit any thing with it unless I run into the enemys hull,then maybe,lol

Mouse = better aiming
Joystick = more comfortable flying and evading

You need to decide.

i don’t think this game is good for joystick control, since the weapons not only shooting forward.

Game was designed for mouse and keyboard, but through time alot of people complained that there is no joystick support, despite the fact that every one said that joysticks will simply not work in this game. So sticks and controllers were added to the game, and guess what happened - they sux. 

There is no way controllers will ever match mouse prescsicsion, especialy in games where aiming prescsicsion is paramount.

I can confirm this to be 100% accurate, not that it needs my approval, but, I started playing with Xbox 360 controller and did ok but got tired of getting wrecked cause my aim just wasn’t quite there. I bought a gaming mouse and now I maintain pretty decent scores. I never use mouse/keyboard in any games so its taking getting used to still even after ~4 months but still WAY better than joystick/gamepad. Also I have posted numerous times about fixing it and the answer is always, “We feel mouse & keyboard is better”. THE END

24 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Also I have posted numerous times about fixing it and the answer is always, “We feel mouse & keyboard is better”. THE END

The only way of “fixing” gamepads it is to make game AIM INSTEAD of you. Level of accuracy needed in this game is simply something no gamepads can ever provide.

The closest you can get is a Steam Controller with a touch instead of analog stick aiming

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

The only way of “fixing” gamepads it is to make game AIM INSTEAD of you. Level of accuracy needed in this game is simply something no gamepads can ever provide.

The closest you can get is a Steam Controller with a touch instead of analog stick aiming

Yes, when I said fix I certainly didn’t mean aiming; aiming with analog sticks is HORRIBLE to say the least. There are a few problems with using gamepad other than just aiming though. Some people just want to play comfortable and don’t care about being the best. The whole aiming thing being a downside of the gamepad is why all the other problems with it should be fixed considering the absolute disadvantage of it. BUT the real solution for me ofc was to just use a gaming mouse.

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Game was designed for mouse and keyboard, but through time alot of people complained that there is no joystick support, despite the fact that every one said that joysticks will simply not work in this game. So sticks and controllers were added to the game, and guess what happened - they sux. 

There is no way controllers will ever match mouse prescsicsion, especialy in games where aiming prescsicsion is paramount.

OMG paradox. I actually agree.